Thailand reports another record high new COVID-19 cases

Jonathan Fairfield

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

If you paid attention to my posts you would see that one of our neighbors in the condo we live in had a housekeeper who came down with covid and our paths crossed in the hallway and stairwell going to the trash receptacle.  We were therefore requested to go be tested by the condo juristic management for which the BMA paid the test cost as part of a track and trace...

No I did not, but good boy!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, sambum said:

From the post on Page 1:-

The country reported 11,397 new cases on Sunday, with 101 deaths, 

You missed my point.

In thread some suggesting that positive cases could many multiples of the stated figures. Yes that's true, especially with limited testing.

I'm saying it's harder to hide significant  death numbers 

• Like 1

the real number of deaths is probably under reported, there is some report lagging to take into consideration

they should stop publishing all those numbers on the front page of newspapers, it doesn't help anything or anyone

it just creates an environment of fear for total government control,

and it's not going to end well in terms of civil unrest once the storm has passed,

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, suestra29 said:

Not sure where Pinocchio and Anutin can go now after publication of the AstraZeneca and Anutin confidential letters which unequivocally shows that Prayut snd Anutin have lied to all. They should hold their heads in shame and resign. Awful. 

would that change anything? would you expect any less from those 2? will it come to a big surprise if it was? of course not, better if it's a cover up, it just adds another level of charge against them :passifier:

4 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

The Thai government gambled early on that the the new mRNA vaccines wouldn't pan out so they went all in with AZ. 

At the time mRNA's were still unproven (except in animals, where they've been used successfully for several years, from what I understand). 

They were wrong on that and now we're all paying the price.  

They didn't go all in with AZ.  They provided the finance for the factory build, which they expected to be repaid effectively in vaccines but didn't commit to sufficient vaccines to facilitate their own rollout plan.

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Unfortunately, this is just a token effort. 

They should be asking for donations so they can utilize their proven capability to get vaccines quickly from overseas. Why stop at only one million doses? 

CRA assigned themselves the authorit to order any vaccine without going through the government.  Unfortunately none of the the Western pharmas will sell to to non-government entities.  But they could order more Sinopharm.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The Department of Health Service Support opened an investigation after it received a sound clip from relatives of a Covid-19 patient, claiming that the private hospital had asked for more than THB100,000 for booking a bed, without any medications.

So they risk a 40K baht fine? One filled bed would more than cover that. Ridiculous.

MoPH details on the 101 new COVID deaths reported Sunday:

--52 males, 49 females

--Median age 68, age range 30 to 97

--Nationalities 99 Thailand, 1 Laos, 1 Maldives

Provinces breakdown includes:

--Bangkok 60

--Samut Prakan 15

--Nakhon Pathom and Pattani 5 each

--Nakhon Nayok 4

--Songkhla 2

894547922_2021-07-18Deaths.jpg.c45bb592b738e0dcf6642cc4d8b6ab9f.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/367351474883183

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Derek B said:

Lateral flow tests provide a quick result, using a device similar to a pregnancy test and are intended for use in those without symptoms, according to the UK NHS. PCR tests are mainly used when people have coronavirus symptoms or have already had a positive lateral flow result, and are sent to laboratories to be checked. The NHS suggests people do a lateral flow test twice a week to check if they have the virus.

Source: BBC News Services.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/how-to-do-a-test-at-home-or-at-a-test-site/how-to-do-a-rapid-lateral-flow-test/

Is Thailand using Lateral Flow Testing ?

No. I thought was the same as the antigen tests the governemnt is now drivelling on about.  But the LFT tests are more efficient and easier for untrained people to use at home.  The antigen tests are only about 50-60% accurate when used at home by untrained users . Thailand is behind the curve again.

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You missed my point.

In thread some suggesting that positive cases could many multiples of the stated figures. Yes that's true, especially with limited testing.

I'm saying it's harder to hide significant  death numbers 

It is harder to hide significant death numbers but perhaps not so hard to hide significant covid death numbers.They need only wait for the significant death numbers to be revealed much later when the news cycle has moved on.Part of the game with these blokes.Does anyone know what the all cause death numbers are at the moment for Thailand?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

For sure , AZ will not respond well to being Bullied by the likes of Anutin or the others in the Junta.

AZ hold all the cards on this one, and it would be so easy for them to just pull the plug on this small joint enterprise with SB in Thailand.

With a supply chain in place for Vaccine components, and a legally binding Formula, AZ could just simply move the entire Thai operation to another Country in a couple of Weeks or so.

If Thailand thinks they will be able to copy the AZ Vaccine, they will not have all the Formula, nor the Component Supplier Details.

AZ will have made sure of this from day One.

Sometimes, in business, its better to cut a chord, than to continue to nurture a relationship that you know will cause more issues further down the line.

I have done this myself, and my Business benefited from that decision.

I would disagree with that, although that could be a last resort, if Thailand just threatens to issue a law banning exports.   So there could be a game of chicken to see which is willing to self harm quicker.   It has not proved easy for AZ to get production up and running in any of its locations, including Europe.  If they could add capacity to a licensee that is already up and running like Japan, it would be much quicker.  Anyway, although the Thai production is small, pulling the chain on production of 175m doses a year would hardly enhance AZ's reputation.  Much better to negotiate a slightly higer quota for Thailand while trying to increase capacity elsewhere, so they can divert some of Thailand's supply of inputs, if things don't worse.   

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

Well at least in Khon Kaen they are NOTsitting still:

Srinakarin Hospital Open for medical services in Central Department Store starting on July 18

????Ready to open for service ????
????MDKKU service @CentralPlaza Khonkaen ????
????????‍⚕️Medical service unit ????????‍⚕️
Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University
Srinakarin Hospital Faculty of Medicine Khon Kaen University
and Central Plaza Khon Kaen
join hands open for service
"Medical service unit Faculty of Medicine Khon Kaen University"
to allow Khon Kaen people and Isan people to access services and facilitate various aspects of Srinakarin Hospital. Faculty of Medicine Khon Kaen University sees a doctor, examines the body, receives medicines, or consults about health issues. It will be easier.

????Officially opened on July 18, 2021
at the ground floor, CentralPlaza Khon Kaen.
For more information, please contact
☎️091-xxxxxxxx

https://www.khonkaenlink.info/read/7316/    via google translate

817D0DB6-1167-442C-A5FF-12C4E77FA8D4-1447x2048.jpeg

Is it purely Covid related or general health services?

The spread of COVID within Thailand, and increasingly beyond just the Bangkok region, is reinforced by the fact that while Thailand set another new record high for new COVID cases on Sunday, the Bangkok province (the second line on the graph below) reported its lowest daily total of the past week with only 2,166 cases.  That's down from a record high of 3,191 more than a week ago. (The first line in the graph below shows Thailand's new domestic COVID cases for the same period of days).

1605886604_2021-07-18BKK.jpg.cfc68c983d07414e6116d04c432b31c4.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/367349834883347/?type=3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Bangkok is so yesterday, its now the whole of Thailand, the dark red zones are expanding out and there is currently absolutely nothing to stop them

BKK is still today they have decided that BKK numbers will go down by hiding it. Third world military government thinking and Thai save face by lying. Hide the truth.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Goin food shopping tomorrow ! Face shield ,2 masks ,gloves and fingers crossed that we don't get in a accident which requires us to go to the devils den(hospital) .

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/photos

อาจเป็นรูปภาพของ ข้อความพูดว่า "NBT WORLD Domestic COVID-19 cases in Thailand on Sunday July 18, 2021 NORTH EAST Kalasin 104 Khon Kaen 104 Chaiyaphum 71 Nakhon Phanom 60 Nakhon Ratchasima 170 Bueng Kan 15 Buri Ram 49 Maha Sarakham 131 Mukdahan 23 Yasothon 44 Roi Et 115 Loei Si Sa Ket Sakon Nakhon Surin Nong Khai Nong Bua Lamphu Amnat Charoen Udon Thani Ubon Ratchathani 33 124 81 165 28 32 30 142 106 Total: 1,627"

Are the above figures cumulative or daily cases ? Thanks for the first chart of provinces affected and written in English that I have seen . I cannot open the link as I do not have facebook . 

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The spread of COVID within Thailand, and increasingly beyond just the Bangkok region, is reinforced by the fact that while Thailand set another new record high for new COVID cases on Sunday, the Bangkok province (the second line on the graph below) reported its lowest daily total of the past week with only 2,166 cases.  That's down from a record high of 3,191 more than a week ago. (The first line in the graph below shows Thailand's new domestic COVID cases for the same period of days).

1605886604_2021-07-18BKK.jpg.cfc68c983d07414e6116d04c432b31c4.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/367349834883347/?type=3

The possibilities on why BKK's numbers have dropped, and they could be for a number of reasons starting with the mass exodus of folks, a lack of testing in the lockdown construction sites, the factories or just down to a reduced amount of testing based upon hospitals being filled and people waiting on beds. Not sure what the real answer is, except that the numbers outside of the now 13 dark red zones are growing as well.

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Disagree. BKK is still today they have decided that BKK numbers will go down by hiding it. Third world military government thinking. Hide the truth.

Yes of course but there was a hint of sarcasm associated to the BKK, however its also a reality its spreading out fast and already out of control. Provinces who thought they were safe are now in deep danger of also getting overwhelmed.

The one positive about the outer provinces and villages is the population density as it creates a natural social distancing however in the towns and cities this is not so

45 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Bangkok is so yesterday, its now the whole of Thailand, the dark red zones are expanding out and there is currently absolutely nothing to stop them

Nationwide lockdown imminent ?  but when ? should have already have happened ?

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

An upgraded visual map (in Thai) of the new color codes in #Thailand. Most of the country is now red or dark red. The only yellow province in the entire country is Phuket which continues to crack down on entry requirements for domestic visitors to protect the sandbox.

https://twitter.com/The_PattayaNews/status/1416686383402340354

Nobody follow up they coloring  anymore. Many different maps and many color. Like today other map tells that Sukhothai is white! So no case there! 

Edited by 2 is 1

8 minutes ago, anchadian said:

An upgraded visual map (in Thai) of the new color codes in #Thailand. Most of the country is now red or dark red. The only yellow province in the entire country is Phuket which continues to crack down on entry requirements for domestic visitors to protect the sandbox.

https://twitter.com/The_PattayaNews/status/1416686383402340354

There we have it, Thailand ravaged by the virus. Hard decisions need to be made by those in charge. The virus does not wait for bumbling minds.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The point of my prior post wasn't to debate whether Bangkok's COVID problem really is or isn't getting better, and why the reported case numbers have been falling there. Though those are legitimate issues for debate.

The point of my prior post was to point out that now even while Bangkok's official daily case numbers are falling and down (rightly or wrongly), the country is still setting new daily record highs for total COVID cases and the 100+ new case counts have now broadened to 27 different provinces as of today's update.

That's sending a message on what's happening right now with the pandemic in Thailand, regardless of what anyone thinks about the Bangkok stats.

I agree 100%, I wasn't trying to debate the facts I was just laying out Rhetorical questions that have or may never be answered.

• Like 1