Why should I inject a vaccine that could kill me when I have no risk to be sick with covid ? A Thai boy told me, what can I reply him to push for vaccination ?

samtab

44 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Kids get sick and die from Covid, so vaccination is a good thing.

Would you get your kid vaccinated for measles or polio?

Measles and polio vaccines have been around and tested for decades.  Therein lies the difference.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

It is good for the kids. And even better for all of us. No reason not to vaccinate children. Even the FDA agrees with that.

Is that for the good of all, or for the good of the kids though?

Take a look at this graph of all covid deaths in the US since the pandemic began, broken down by age groups.

0-17 year olds only had 513 death (out of 712,930).  That's 0.07% of all deaths.

For the next 2 age groups, 18-29: 0.5% of all deaths, and 30-39: 1.6% of all deaths.  Not very high either.  It's the older folks that really get whacked.

I am 50. 

Hypothetically:

- if my age group had 0.07% of the deaths

- and the 2 age groups below me had a very low % of deaths

- and the 2 age groups above me had a very low % of deaths

I would not get vaccinated.

• COVID-19 deaths by age U.S. 2021 | Statista

covid_by_age.png.ff67a62c2ee0c8f3f8495e0c0ca6503c.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

So you would take the Covid vaccine when it has been around for some time? 

I have had 1 dose already.  I am not in the children's age group.  My point is (and the point of the OP), should children take a fasttracked/rushed vaccine, with their risk of serious illness and death being such a minute percentage of the total?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

No other group spreads disease as much as children.

Then people at risk, should stay away from them, and anyone else they feel is a threat to 'their' health.  

I'm not changing my life, because people are scared of everybody and everything.  The paranoid can hide from living, not me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Yet another graph highlighting the incredible difference in deaths by age group.

2 age groups (75-84 and 85+) account for 6.9% of the total population, but they account for 55.7% of all deaths.

Children (0-17) account for 22.3% of the population, they account for a miniscule 0.07% of all deaths. (note: the 0.1% in the graph is rounded up from 0.07%, as you can see in my previous graph)

• Share of total COVID-19 deaths by age U.S. 2021 | Statista

distro_covid_by_age1.png.92ec7225ead5ac58baee02929d503f3a.png

distro_covid_by_age2.png.8fe76c87706719b8b19f62dbeb42272c.png

On 7/28/2021 at 10:41 AM, salsajapan said:

This Thai boy is smart and knows a lot more than most old foreigners in this country !

I support him and will also never vaccinate !

People who do not want to die just have to protect themselves !

Do you know anybody smart who got covid ? I DON'T ! All people that I know who got covid didn't do half of the correct things to protect themselves.

Happy to find some smart Thai people !

Never found one before ?

8 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Then people at risk, should stay away from them, and anyone else they feel is a threat to 'their' health.  

I'm not changing my life, because people are scared of everybody and everything.  The paranoid can hide from living, not me.

You don't seem to understand how this virus spreads or mutates. Some don't know they have it, refuse to mask up, and spread it around. Plus, the unvaccinated are perfect places for it to mutate. Potentially creating a variant we can't deal with.

The world for the unvaccinated is getting together and tougher. Smaller and smaller.

• Like 2

“Sadly, the unvaccinated by choice are one of the biggest problems now.Delta kills everyone.”

seriously ? are they ? does it ? would never have known …….

My post was about how we must vaxx kids against Delta.

and that unvaxxed adults must “take their chances”. with their lives / freedoms/ jobs/ society.

The “problem” they represent to the vaxxed, herd immunity and health systems can never be resolved without undemocratic extreme group measures such as treatment denial, forcible vaxx or isolation, which I cant see ever happening. so it is what it is.

vaxxed / healthy have made a maximum effort. so personally I can no longer pointlessly care about these unvaxxed adult fools or their societal impact …. govt law action urgently required to penalize these idiots so incentivize them to vaxx.

nothing but increased profits for big pharma.

“BS. Stop with the conspiracy theories. Several big pharma lost a lot as their products didn't work.”

yes and the AZ vax was non-profit.  “nothing but increased profits for big pharma” then an outright LIE. and even if true, so what !? without Profits these pharmas would not exist…….

• Like 2

BS ... that's funny

https://www.oxfam.org/en/press-releases/covid-vaccines-create-9-new-billionaires-combined-wealth-greater-cost-vaccinating

"At least nine people have become new billionaires since the beginning of the COVID pandemic, thanks to the excessive profits pharmaceutical corporations with monopolies on COVID vaccines are making"

• Sad 2

26 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What don't you understand about the fact that many big Pharma companies failed to make a successful covid-19 vaccine?

Not that I don't understand, I simply don't care.  They wasted enough of my, check that, other's tax dollars, as I stopped paying years ago.  Billions given for R&D to big pharm, then sold back at a profit.  All to treat a virus with 97.5 - 99.9% recovery rate, depending where you live.

I can think of much better & useful ways to spend billions, and save millions of lives every year, children's lives that die every year from the simplest to avoid or cure, but not as profitable for big corporations.

What's the body count for covid, hit 5 mill yet.  That many children under the age of 5 die every year.  READ THAT AGAIN.  5 million under the age of 5 years old, DIE EVERY YEAR, from preventable / curable diseased.  Many simply because they don't have clean water to drink.

How many billions have we spent, to attempt (not succeed) in keeping the 65+ yr olds from dying from a new virus, who were on borrowed time to begin with.  Seems to be as useless as the annual flu vaccine.

Call me crazy, but our priorities are    a s s   backwards.  Too busy making profits selling useless vaccines, hand sanitizer, temp scanners & masks for billions of profit, instead of fixing simple problems with simple solutions to save millions of children.  Oh yea, THEY DIE EVERY YEAR

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/children-reducing-mortality

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not that I don't understand, I simply don't care.  They wasted enough of my, check that, other's tax dollars, as I stopped paying years ago.  Billions given for R&D to big pharm, then sold back at a profit.  All to treat a virus with 97.5 - 99.9% recovery rate, depending where you live.

I can think of much better & useful ways to spend billions, and save millions of lives every year, children's lives that die every year from the simplest to avoid or cure, but not as profitable for big corporations.

What's the body count for covid, hit 5 mill yet.  That many children under the age of 5 die every year.  READ THAT AGAIN.  5 million under the age of 5 years old, DIE EVERY YEAR, from preventable / curable diseased.  Many simply because they don't have clean water to drink.

How many billions have we spent, to attempt (not succeed) in keeping the 65+ yr olds from dying from a new virus, who were on borrowed time to begin with.  Seems to be as useless as the annual flu vaccine.

Call me crazy, but our priorities are    a s s   backwards.  Too busy making profits selling useless vaccines, hand sanitizer, temp scanners & masks for billions of profit, instead of fixing simple problems with simple solutions to save millions of children.  Oh yea, THEY DIE EVERY YEAR

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/children-reducing-mortality

Good gosh. What a rant.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The choice is to follow the advice of medical professionals

And yet, so many healthcare workers are not getting vaccinated.   FDA, WHO, and manufacturers are pushing the vaccination, not the medical society.  IF at risk, then maybe a good idea if applies to you.  But healthy under 60 or 65 yrs old, that's just silly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You do understand the vaccine does NOT prevent you from getting or transmitting the virus.

If the vaccine prevents symptoms, i.e. coughing over everyone near you in a crowd, then it might make sense that it significantly reduces the risk of transmission. Also vaccinated people who do become technically 'infected' recover and viral loads are reduced in their bodies much faster, again thereby reducing the risk of transmission. simply on a duration of infection metric.

• Like 2