Thailand reports daily record of over 20,000 COVID-19 infections

webfact

20 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why Buriram will be getting some of the Pfizer vaccine is beyond my understanding

Rational and logical is not quite the way it works, however I believe that the minister of health has major ties to Buriram.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

I would not be surprised we will be asked to wear masks at certain times every year for the rest of our lives..

GF just saw a post and message on her Facebook account and I saw it on my line account from Mor Prom wanting folks to wear them even when inside the house if they have other family members living with them

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Staying steady, I wonder what the actual max capacity is for these beds with the advent of new facilities such as at Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang.

It's pretty easy to stay steady when they're full.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Scary when you consider that these numbers can only mean massive infection rates because they are not in any way reflective of increased testing. They simply reflect an increased rate of infection (assuming 70,000 tests per day this is nearly a 30% infection rate).

Tests of already ill folk. 

25 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Well looking at other countries and this is from the very beginning there are as of tomorrow only 39 in the entire world worse than Thailand.

and not worse at all considering the level of vaccination in most of those countries, Thailand is now in bed with nations that have a similar vaccination effort and being left far behind and in trouble - shameful for a country that claims to be the hub in SEA - the UK has a higher infection rate but is able to open up because of their excellent vaccine program rollout with also with vaccines that are highly effective against delta

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

chonburi is now well and truly out of control, I am dreading going to immigration a place I definitely do not want to be going, it throws my self isolation plan into the ### having to take that risk, very angry being forced into this situation

I assume the visit is for extension. 

Can't see a way around that one. 

Even though the current situation is FAR worse than last year, I doubt they will re introduce the amnesty situation again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

I would not put it past Thailand to be the first country to run out of supplies on shelves. They have lived in complete denial with all aspects so far and that denial could lead to bare shelves.

Thailand is a food exporter, little chance in that happening.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I suspect that most of these new cases are in factories rather than in the general population

I see no evidence to support that opinion - so far spread in Pattaya has been in shopping malls and markets with a couple of Ice producers weeks ago 

lets see if they decide to produce tracing data although I think they may have given up on that one.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, smedly said:

and not worse at all considering the level of vaccination in most of those countries, Thailand is now in bed with nations that have a similar vaccination effort and being left far behind and in trouble - shameful for a country that claims to be the hub in SEA - the UK has a higher infection rate but is able to open up because of their excellent vaccine program rollout with also with vaccines that are highly effective against delta

Sure I agree but as I was saying that's from the very beginning. Comparing yesterday's new infection numbers to Thailand's today there are only 8 countries globally worse than Thailand and deaths with the same comparison Thailand is 15th.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Already done 555

Panic buying in Bangkok as Lockdown is extended

Residents in Bangkok and some dark-red provinces emptied supermarket shelves as soon as they heard of the extension.

Most supermarkets have run out of daily necessities like meat, vegetables and sauces. – The Nation

https://bangkokjack.com/2021/08/04/panic-buying-bangkok/

Well blow me down, LOL!

I do hope you are all stocked up.  

For real, when they started posting this stuff in the west it was pure pandemonium at the grocery stores.  

At least you don't have to worry about toilet paper.  ????  

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

There is a good post by Dr Levitt recently basically showing that covid has not had any affect on the state of Massachusetts since June 2020 (not a typo, June 2020). The measure he used was excess death. Covid basically did not exist as any sort of major problem in Mass after June 2020. 

Doctor Faust is already looking at excess deaths in 2021 and says there were an excess of 300 deaths a week in January and early February.

14 minutes ago, smedly said:

chonburi is now well and truly out of control, I am dreading going to immigration a place I definitely do not want to be going, it throws my self isolation plan into the ### having to take that risk, very angry being forced into this situation

Try going in the afternoon around 3pm in the middle of the week.  It was not that bad a few weeks ago.

Wore 2 masks and stood up away from everyone.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, smedly said:

Jomtien Immigration was not too bad this week….

Unlike when the numbers were low there seems o be no data being made public on the demographics of those succumbing and dying of  covid-19.

Has there been any significant shift in the prior health status and age group or has it remained predominantly the elderly and immune compromised ?

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I assume the visit is for extension. 

Can't see a way around that one. 

Went to Chaengwattana yesterday at 1pm to get covid ext stamp. I've never seen the place so empty. I was in and out after 20 minutes.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

No place to hide now. Closing provincial borders is likely meaningless at this point, because the entire country is already blanketed in virus and per capita infection rates in every province are likely converging. Bangkok is probably a better place to be, because it has easier (though still difficult) access to vaccines and has better medical care. The health system everywhere in Thailand is getting stretched, but care is better---if it can be gotten---in Bangkok.

Lockdowns and business closures will stop the spread in places of business, but will shift the risk to homes, as if one member of a household has the virus it will likely be passed to all under the same roof. Thus, folks won't get Covid at the office or beauty parlor, but will get it at home.

Within a week we'll see 25,000 new infections and 200 deaths in a day. The trend is onward and upward until a high enough percent of folks are vaccinated and thus might be able to avoid---not the infection itself---but the most dire aspects of it. Vaccines for Covid are not designed to stop infection, but to obviate the worst effects.

The great unknown risk now is the ability of vaccine developers to stay ahead of newly emerging variants. Delta is currently addressed adequately by the nRNA varieties, but it remains an unknown how long antibodies remain. If a booster is actually needed, that means more time for Thailand to get these most effective vaccines (countries will keep at home for their own populace). Lambda is also spreading, and maybe that can beat some of the vaccines. Apparently yet another variant has emerged in the US State of FL, where the anti-vax crowd holds sway.

In a sense there is a tale of two vulnerabilities. In Thailand it has been incompetence of the govt that has resulted in the mess. In a place like the US, it is idiocy on the part of many of the people (anti-vax, the "Dem Hoax" demographic, the Free Dumb crowd, the 'magnetized by a vax or Bill Gates' microchip moonbats') who are responsible.

great post

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

THAILAND, GEORGIA AND IRAN PREDICTED TO MOVE TO UK GOVERNMENT’S TRAVEL RED LIST

Thailand, Georgia and Iran are likely candidates to be moved to the UK government’s red list of “high risk” countries at the upcoming review of international travel rules, according to experts.

The next announcement is expected to take place on 5 August as part of the Department for Transport’s tri-weekly update of the travel traffic light lists.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/thailand-georgia-iran-red-list-travel-b1895956.html

As I expected

• Thanks 2