Driver blames road for being “too dark and not well lit” after smashing into a trailer truck in Pattaya

webfact

1 hour ago, Almer said:

When i went for  my initial 2 year the thai man next to me was asleep all the way through and i didn't understand much as all in Thai,  on my renewal to 6 year i only did the traffic light and depth perception, the young girl before me could not do the footbrake test her dad showed her a couple of times but she still couldn't get the foot on the pedal in time, but she sat with me waiting her licence, i have been rear  ended twice in the past year both in Bangers and before seeing the driver wonder if its going to be the young girl with her dad shouting at her.

Yup, she drives an automatic and probably uses the Schumacher technic by using two feet. Me on the other hand I have to be careful in a rented car not to use my left thinking it is the clutch ???? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Yup, she drives an automatic and probably uses the Schumacher technic by using two feet. Me on the other hand I have to be careful in a rented car not to use my left thinking it is the clutch ???? 

I cant stop my daughter from using her left foot for the brake in my auto, when i ask her why she wants to stop and go at the same time she looked and said her friends dad drives like that and he is a policeman.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

uses the Schumacher technic by using two feet. Me on the other hand I have to be careful in a rented car not to use my left thinking it is the clutch

Haha  me to   I had to change to only using my right foot for both acceleration  and brake  in an auto

(as it is in a manual) totally could not use  left foot for brake..supose you can't teach an old dog  many new tricks ????

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Dark film is illegal in Thailand for obvious reasons which you describe, But, well, you know...... Why pick that law to enforce when no others are.

that this is Ilegal, you have to tell the police. As I see also many police car which have their official car tinted the front window that dark. Not even talk about many other private cars!

34 minutes ago, HampiK said:
3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Dark film is illegal in Thailand for obvious reasons which you describe, But, well, you know...... Why pick that law to enforce when no others are.

that this is Ilegal, you have to tell the police. As I see also many police car which have their official car tinted the front window that dark. Not even talk about many other private cars!

Of course the police know it's illegal. But they don't care, as they also don't care about enforcing any other laws. As in they themselves like to ignore red lights, for example, or ride their motorcycles on the sidewalk/pavement. Just part of the culture.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The driver blamed the road for being too dark and not having enough lights for the accident and not his driving skills.

Accidents are always sad, however accidents always seems to be somebody else's fault - in my Danish home country we would say that "it's the fault of society" that there were not enough light on the road.

Edited by khunPer

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

But it's not only a Thai thing. I was in Hong Kong and ordered some chicken wings in an Aussie restaurant. And waited. And waited. Eventually I called a waiter over and asked where my dinner was, he went to investigate, and found my waitress hiding in the kitchen as they had none left and she would have lost face by telling me. Of course, she - like the girl at the bus station - lost even more face by acting that way, but they never seem to realise that.

LOL. That reminds me of the story about a guy with a Thai GF that he wanted to go on a trip with him. He told her to pack a bag and meet him to go to bus station. When she didn't show, he tracked her down and asked her why. Her explanation was that she didn't have a bag to pack, and was too embarrassed to admit it to him.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. That reminds me of the story about a guy with a Thai GF that he wanted to go on a trip with him. He told her to pack a bag and meet him to go to bus station. When she didn't show, he tracked her down and asked her why. Her explanation was that she didn't have a bag to pack, and was too embarrassed to admit it to him.

Exactly as a five year-old would act. So many Thais seems to advance to a mental age of about six, and then the maturing stops.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sniggie said:

Everyone knows that turning the lights on makes the vehicle go slower. That's why boys remove the taillight from their motorcycles apprarently.

Thought it's to stop the ghosts from following them, isn't it ? Turning the lights on uses fuel, I'm told !

• Like 1

Rule of thumb!  ADJUST YOUR SPEED TO THE CONDITION AT HAND CAN'T SEE SLOW THE <deleted> DOWN! RAIN SLOW THE <deleted> DOWN!  CONSTRUCTION SLOW THE <deleted> DOWN!  ONE TRACK MINE WHO THINKS THE ROAD BELONGS TO THEM WHEN HE MOST LIKELY CAN'T EVEN AFFORD TISSUE TO WIPE HIS BUTT!  ????  It is simple maybe too simple!

Edited by thailand49

8 hours ago, mikebell said:

I thought this type of film had been made illegal?  With few farangs to prey on, it could be a nice little earner for Pattaya Plod.

The dark film does make it difficult for the Amulet hanging on the mirror - the Amulet may have been looking the wrong way at the time of the crash...

8 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Same here. Many years ago I ended up doing a 180 hitting the brake in a curve down shifting an automatic????

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2021 at 5:41 AM, smedly said:

what skills ? you ran into a parked truck you idiot

My eyesight so bad?

I do not even see that the trailer trucked was parked?

Maybe just followed the rules and drove 45 km/h ????

One more reason why you should not speed like an idiot in unlit nightly roads.

Tail-lights: not a sufficient excuse but some of these lights are worse than a bicycle light in first world.

And a 1000 Baht to the truck-trailer driver.

I do not even see the mandatory sign for a trailer vehicle (fallen off?).

Grey all over, no reflecting plates nothing. Perfect camouflage.

As said I don't want to excuse but the state of these trucks is just disgusting.

Trailer sign:

trailer.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 8/9/2021 at 5:22 AM, Thujone said:

Maybe there should be an addition to the film that must be watched when getting or renewing a driving license.

When on a dark/badly-lit road, don't drive hell-for-leather and hope for the best.

And keep off the phone