Huge crowds gather for vaccines in Phetchabun where gathers are limited to FIVE

webfact

20 minutes ago, smedly said:

I don't think they understand that a vaccine takes weeks before there is an immune response and even then it is limited until a second dose is administered - this is just madness  

Since everyone's details and address is kept at the Amphur office the obvious answer would be to have a nurse on a m/c visiting the old folks at their home.

I was at my local hospital last week, the 6 doctors were very quick, but the ONE nurse printing the future appointments had found something more important to do, leaving a crowd of 200 old folk sitting around for 2 hours.

Thailand really needs it's medical facilities to get their managerial act together.

• Like 2

it will take a long time to get people vaccinated if they limit the number of people at the vaccine center at any one time to five.  seems like a stupid, not well thought out headline.  i wonder why they can't get the military to help organize the mayhem at these centers.  if you want to get hundreds of thousands of people vaccinated each day, you'll need to process large numbers of people at each vaccination center.   pretty simple concept.

4 minutes ago, buick said:

it will take a long time to get people vaccinated if they limit the number of people at the vaccine center at any one time to five.  seems like a stupid, not well thought out headline.  i wonder why they can't get the military to help organize the mayhem at these centers.  if you want to get hundreds of thousands of people vaccinated each day, you'll need to process large numbers of people at each vaccination center.   pretty simple concept.

Even if you tried to help they wouldn't listen to you anyhow.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Maybe if the 'clever' government organised the distribution and vaccine program better, these people would not just be trying to turn up willy nilly in mass begging for vaccine and would have a time, day and place to get their much needed vaccine. Don't blame the people , blame the fools organising this failing chaos vaccine rollout system.

You can blame whomever you want. If you are sick it will not make much difference. But yes it needs to be organised in a way that such a mass gathering cannot happen. People organising this should have more knowledge than the people going there for vaccination. Perhaps this assumption is too optimistic or perhaps they don't care enough. But this does not excuse anything. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, smedly said:

I don't think they understand that a vaccine takes weeks before there is an immune response and even then it is limited until a second dose is administered - this is just madness  

Yes, Sir.

I was thinking the same thing.  Social distancing is crucial at vaccination sites simply because it requires weeks to develop antibodies and immune response after receiving the vaccination, and weeks after the second vaccination, as well.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Yet the goon squad closes Home Pro, Global House, and thousands of mom and pop establishment to stop the spread. Huh? Where is the science? Why are the authorities so cheap? There should be dozens of places to get a vaccine.

Dumb and dumber. A failed PM, Health Minister, and government in action. 

The vast majority of these people have been taught from an early age only to listen and obey. It almost seems like questioning anyone is taken as an insult. How would you expect any of them to think and learn for themselves like we do? There is no development of common sense and/or logical thinking here. I can't even think of anything of value they have contributed to the betterment of mankind let alone themselves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

The people are crazy. On the one hand they are worried to get sick and at the other hand they obviously don't care at all... This cannot be the gathering of the most clever people... 

Cleverness has little to do with it. The government and media have sown a bumper crop of fear, disinformation and hysteria in the population.

The fatality rate (according to Wikipedia), if that is factual, seems to be around 0.083. 

According to the latest WHO data published in 2018 Influenza and Pneumonia Deaths in Thailand reached 44,549 or 9.11% of total deaths. 

Seems strange that past history of the causes of death has been overshadowed for some reason.

Edited by Benmart
Reword

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Maybe if the 'clever' government organised the distribution and vaccine program better, these people would not just be trying to turn up willy nilly in mass begging for vaccine and would have a time, day and place to get their much needed vaccine. Don't blame the people , blame the fools organising this failing chaos vaccine rollout system.

You are asking the biggest cheapskates in the land, to actually spend more money on the people. Imagine such a thought? And they are contemplating both a space program, and purchasing submarines. Does that not show you where the true priorities lie here?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The authorities hoped to vaccinate 6,000 people said the media with the inevitable fears that this level of organisation - or lack thereof - would lead to more clusters of infection. 

Where were the riot police, water canons and rubber bullets to disperse the crowds of emergency decree law breakers???

4 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

The people are crazy. On the one hand they are worried to get sick and at the other hand they obviously don't care at all... This cannot be the gathering of the most clever people... 

Or the best educated organisers.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, buick said:

I'm lost for words...????

These scenes are repeated around the country almost daily, you see it on your local news channels, national news channels, and they wonder why they have a growing infection rate ? 

I went for my 1st jab earlier this week at a private hospital, all very well organised, I was actually in, jabbed, rested and on my way home before my actual appointment time, but we did arrive early as we left home sooner than we normally would due to roadworks, the lists I saw had very many names on them but the appointments were timed to prevent overcrowding.

Why is it beyond the abilities of government hospitals to organise vaccination sessions similar to what the rest of the world manages & not present an infection risk to attendees ?

There must be hundreds of local clinics, dentists, even vets who can administer a jab, let alone the hospitals, where I went they never bothered with blood pressure, just a simple form to complete, confirm your id with passport, get jabbed, rest for 25 minutes and go home, come back in 12 weeks for number 2. AZ by the way, 1st & 2nd.

• Like 1