Short on vaccines, Thailand seeks to borrow from Bhutan

snoop1130

Odd thing about Bhutan is its really expensive for tourists to go there.

You get charged about 250$ per day to be there. That does include hotels and food though.

Thats about all I know about Bhutan.

Probably a nice place though.

9 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Cap in hand to one of the poorest Countries in the World,, you couldn't make his up, 

Mr PM you should be ashamed of yourself, and you are a disgrace to Thailand,, do the right thing and resign... 

He'll go when his pension pot is full. His brother is helping him.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

What? Are you saying you doubt the word of your Great Leader Khun Too???

no ..... i doubt this guy " said Natapanu Nopakun "   

also,   if payment /  or vaccine exchange  is anything like the Thai airways debacle where they couldn't even pay fuel bills,  then I don't hold alot of hope in Bhutan being reciprocated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Talk nicely to European countries and you get them for free. In Germany and Switzerland they are closing one vaccination centre after the other one as all those who wanted to get vaccinated - are. 

There must be hundreds of thousands of jabs sitting unused in chillers, fridges or freezers. The Swiss government flatly refused the availability of vaccination for their own people here in Thailand, as the legal framework with the producers prohibits sales to third parties or exporting out of Switzerland - all the while the Swiss have no access to any vaccination outside Bangkok or Chiang Mai. 

Maybe if Anutin, heart robbing friend of the sitting Swiss ambassador, asks nicely, she will be forced to turn up the heat to her boss, the Swiss foreign minister, who was in Bangkok a mere two weeks ago. 

Me thinks that the government might be better off dusting the vaccination shelves of Europe...... 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gold Star said:

If a bar girl asked for a loan, chances are much better she would repay it

Than if a Farang borrowed money, agreed, I got stung by a Farang 'Friend', 20 years ago, 60,000 Baht, never saw him again, changed his number and moved apartments.

I’ve never been stung by a Thai, I guess my guard was down because he was a friend.

• Like 2

I can not help but wonder, why Thailand did not do a deal with Israel taking 800 000 Pfyzer with soon expiry date? By the end of the year could have given 800 000 baht once new stocks have arrived.

800 000 sure beats 150 000

And still you people do not understand that decisions made in the past on supply of AZ to 

which country & when had nothing to do with the present Government.

The final decisions had their origins way above them when it looked like Thailand had dodged the bullet

• Like 2

The biggest problem is that the goal of 100% vaccines is not vital. There is very little benefit to jabbing an 18 year old. 100% of people over 70 should have the shot. After that 100% of anyone over 60 or with sever health issues. After that open it up to anyone that wants it and let’s get back to life. 

CE6000C9-2302-477E-9F27-DBE76327D4BF.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Surely Bhutan (one of the poorest nations in the world) cannot be the first country Thailand has approached to 'borrow' vaccines from? 

I would they are well down the list of countries one would approach to 'borrow' something from.

Which leads me to deduce that the other 100 or so wealthier countries have been approached have wisely told the great one to, "go forth and multiply" in the knowledge that whilst 'borrowed' does exist in the Thai dictionary, 'pay back' doesn't! 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Surasak said:

I would pay to sit and laugh with the Marx Brothers. I would pay, to sit and watch Prayut and Anutin being hung from the nearest lamp post.

Ensure that the lamp post is in good repair and not made in China. Ditto for rope.

Just sayin'

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Kenneth White said:

My comment got blocked the first time lets see if It goes through this time. What happened to the millions of doses sent from America? It seems like a harmless question.

I don't  think there was ever ' millions of doses '  there was 1.5 mil of Pfizer which is currently being distributed 

Tue 17/08/2021 2:56 PM
To:
  •  You

This is an auto-generated email. Please do not reply.

After reviewing your registration, it can not be further processed due to lack of required visas.

Please note that this registration platform is ONLY for foreign residents in Thailand and are not Thai nationality.

If you are a migrant worker or work under MoU with the Ministry of Labour, please wait for further information from the Ministry of Labour.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Just received this email so they are obviously looking for ways to cut us out of the program and save vaccines for the locals and not us expats . Replied with a copy of my visa stamp so wait and see what happens .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, keith101 said:
Tue 17/08/2021 2:56 PM
To:
  •  You

This is an auto-generated email. Please do not reply.

After reviewing your registration, it can not be further processed due to lack of required visas.

Please note that this registration platform is ONLY for foreign residents in Thailand and are not Thai nationality.

If you are a migrant worker or work under MoU with the Ministry of Labour, please wait for further information from the Ministry of Labour.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Just received this email so they are obviously looking for ways to cut us out of the program and save vaccines for the locals and not us expats . Replied with a copy of my visa stamp so wait and see what happens .

Which address did you send your visa info to?  The message that you received was auto-generated - it said - so that address is probably not the one to use.  I ask because I am expecting a similar problem as I was unable to upload both passport and visa info when registering.