Expatvac Bad News

RubbaJohnny

46 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

That would be the policy that sees considerable numbers of expats being vaccinated TODAY at Central Festival in Pattaya.  OK then.

PH

If you want to throw numbers around please tell us all how many is, in your opinion, a considerable number?

1,000, 2,000, 5,000, 10,000 or even more that that? Don't be shy.

Also as you seem to be a computer genius, I am sure that you can find and post links to the happening.

44 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I fully understand what you wrote, which is that you consider the government's policy is disgraceful in making surplus vaccines available to anyone. Why you state 'exclusively' I don't know, as that has never been the government's policy. As far as I know there is no such policy that they be made available exclusively to anyone who is not a UK expat, as you state. You made that up all by yourself. But anyway, how the vaccines are dispersed in Thailand is the job of the Thai government, not of the UK.

However, if you can find evidence that the government has said that donated vaccines to other countries cannot be given to UK expats then I'll withdraw my comments. Meanwhile, I in turn suggest you choose your words with considerably more care before posting.

My Opinion,  expat, migrant colour or creed makes no difference, make a policy stick to it and away we go, the ave age of vaccination is as posted yesterday is 38, how can that be when all including thai's are sitting back and waiting there turn, i am 72 with 1 underlying condition and hoped i would be in there with a shout, i read loads think loads and come up with a conclusion that there is no plan.

Edited by Almer
Additional words
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, billd766 said:

If you want to throw numbers around please tell us all how many is, in your opinion, a considerable number?

Also as you seem to be a computer genius, I am sure that you can find and post links to the happening.

Plenty there at Centraltoday including me.. Theres your link.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, ThaSalaPaul said:

Well this thread appears to have turned into something of a bun fight ????

Yeah, trying to get real information to help all of us.  

After reading in this thread that Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen & Pattaya had Pfizer I emailed, Lined and Facebook messaged BKK Hospital Phuket when they were going to get the vaccines and this is what they said.  

Is anybody out there.....

Dear Sir or Madam,

Warm greeting from Bangkok Hospital Phuket

So sorry to inform you that we do not have this service in this moment.

Once we do have any update, we will announce again by all our official channels.

If you have any question & further assistance, feel free to email us anytime

Best regards, 

Edited by LivingNThailand

1 hour ago, ThaSalaPaul said:

Well this thread appears to have turned into something of a bun fight ????

Yes ladies and gentlemen, we may agree to differ with each other and within the locaal and TV rules with the handling. I think insulting other posters in an ad hominem manner unecessary ?

น้ำขุ่นอยู่ใน น้ำใสอยู่นอก

Jai yen , keep cool, keep safe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Not me that ever claimed to be a genius...you are confusing me with the IT guru in Bangkok, perhpas.  Anyhow, you asked for a link...is this OK for a starter:

PH

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

Not me that ever claimed to be a genius...you are confusing me with the IT guru in Bangkok, perhpas.  Anyhow, you asked for a link...is this OK for a starter:

PH

Thank you for the link.

To get back to my original question, 

how many is, in your opinion, a considerable number?

On 8/18/2021 at 5:00 PM, placnx said:

This 39% is against infection, which could be aymptomatic. It's still important from the public health standpoint and the reason why CDC in the US is asking vaccinated people to wear masks indoors.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/08/19/covid-vaccines-less-effective-against-delta-variant-and-pfizers-effectiveness-wanes-rapidly-large-study-finds/?sh=4570daca44f2

• Like 1

When I first came to this country, in 1987, on holiday, there were no computers, mobile phones,  extremely limited TV  , and of poor quality anyway, and the main danger was to  watch out for Somchai  galloping past on his buffalo.   Here we are now in 2021, and  you expect  Thais to be able to develop an efficient internet programme to.  .  enable us poor farangs to register for  the vaccine.     I have  , twice, using different e mail addresses, and it is only now  I  see, from a very helpful  commentator, that to upload BOTH your passport and visa extension details, you just have to hold down the control tab, highlight both  pages, and move them to the  email....Too late for me, Im now waiting for two rejections.   And some  wonder why us farangs are driven to strong drink.

• Haha 2

On 8/17/2021 at 5:18 PM, billd766 said:

I have all the pages in my passport scanned and when I filled in the registration form, at the part where it askes for the 2 photos I went to browse, found the scanned passport files, clicked on the photo page, then did a Ctrl click click on the visa page.

I made sure that both pages were selected and loaded them onto application. They both showed up and I completed the form and posted it.

It was rejected because the passport number and name had been used in my previous email. I simply deleted the last number from my passport and the last letter from my surname, reposted it and it worked.

I believe the main problem was the application was badly done at the photo page with no instructions on how to post 2 photos.

It worked for me with a different email and I that you can understand my post and that it works for you.

Good luck.

thanks for the help, will try it and hope for the best.

18 hours ago, billd766 said:

Thank you for the link.

To get back to my original question, 

how many is, in your opinion, a considerable number?

Entirely depends on the context.    One in five is considerable, one in a million is not. 

You may have seen other threads today showing folk in SiSaKet and Chiang Mai now being sent texts with vaccination dates...the considerable number grows. 

I have no idea how many were vaccinated yesterday at Central, but am told they had four registration desks and a steady queue...so if open for six hours, and processing 10 and hour that would be about 240 in the day.  Sound reasonable?

Last week at BPH itself, I was at the start of the second hour of four and was given number 93.  So let's say 90 an hour, times four for 360 a day.  They have been doing this for at least a couple of weeks; maybe not weekends though, so 10 days gives about 3600.

How many farang are there in Chon Buri?  At what stage do the numbers above, added to every day, become considerable in your eyes?

And this is just BPH.  Other healthcare providers are available.

As an aside, I am also told that the locals are not, by and large, being given any choice other than "take this or nothing" with the "this" being sinovac.  Damn those Thais for giving farangs more and better choice than their own people, eh?  (I am also told that those who take Sinovac for their first shot are being told they will be given AZ as their second, which should see them with some decent immunity and/or reaction from infection).

PH

22 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Entirely depends on the context.    One in five is considerable, one in a million is not. 

You may have seen other threads today showing folk in SiSaKet and Chiang Mai now being sent texts with vaccination dates...the considerable number grows. 

I have no idea how many were vaccinated yesterday at Central, but am told they had four registration desks and a steady queue...so if open for six hours, and processing 10 and hour that would be about 240 in the day.  Sound reasonable?

Last week at BPH itself, I was at the start of the second hour of four and was given number 93.  So let's say 90 an hour, times four for 360 a day.  They have been doing this for at least a couple of weeks; maybe not weekends though, so 10 days gives about 3600.

How many farang are there in Chon Buri?  At what stage do the numbers above, added to every day, become considerable in your eyes?

And this is just BPH.  Other healthcare providers are available.

As an aside, I am also told that the locals are not, by and large, being given any choice other than "take this or nothing" with the "this" being sinovac.  Damn those Thais for giving farangs more and better choice than their own people, eh?  (I am also told that those who take Sinovac for their first shot are being told they will be given AZ as their second, which should see them with some decent immunity and/or reaction from infection).

PH

Some numbers at last.  Using your number of 3600 in 2 weeks and taking the expatvac number of some 40,000 about 10% of expats were jabbed in just 1 hospital.

Quite a good response. Thank you.

Now they getting towards the harder problem of finding enough rural expats and catchment areas.

In Kamphaeng Phet province I know of around 40 expats that are scattered around the province so I don't expect we will get jabbed there.

Probably Phitsanulok where they can pull in from 3 or 4 provinces.

My wife got Sinovac at the amphur hospital and checked in around 8:30 and was given the number #219 and told to come back after 1 pm.

6 hours ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

When I first came to this country, in 1987, on holiday, there were no computers, mobile phones,  extremely limited TV  , and of poor quality anyway, and the main danger was to  watch out for Somchai  galloping past on his buffalo.   Here we are now in 2021, and  you expect  Thais to be able to develop an efficient internet programme to.  .  enable us poor farangs to register for  the vaccine.     I have  , twice, using different e mail addresses, and it is only now  I  see, from a very helpful  commentator, that to upload BOTH your passport and visa extension details, you just have to hold down the control tab, highlight both  pages, and move them to the  email....Too late for me, Im now waiting for two rejections.   And some  wonder why us farangs are driven to strong drink.

My "mobile" looked a bit like this when I was here in 1989!

mobile.jpg

• Like 1

Well, I, like some others on these forums, live in Pathum Thani,  dark red "Dangerous ",zone. 

Registration done (yes, both photos sent) and accepted, but no SMS or email yet.

You'd think being 70, we could get vaccine in this province  before some in the far flung regions of the Kingdom ???

I'm happy they're being processed,  don't get me wrong, but is it so hard to give it to us here?

Plenty of local private and government hospitals nearby, but I'm not keen to make the hour journey into Bangsue.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Well, I, like some others on these forums, live in Pathum Thani,  dark red "Dangerous ",zone. 

Registration done (yes, both photos sent) and accepted, but no SMS or email yet.

You'd think being 70, we could get vaccine in this province  before some in the far flung regions of the Kingdom ???

I'm happy they're being processed,  don't get me wrong, but is it so hard to give it to us here?

Plenty of local private and government hospitals nearby, but I'm not keen to make the hour journey into Bangsue.

You could travel to MedPark very easily using the elevated tollway.

I took this route on Aug 10th from Ayutthaya and while there were large queues at MedPark on the first day reports are now of a very quick turnaround with a very much reduced amount of people.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

You could travel to MedPark very easily using the elevated tollway.

I took this route on Aug 10th and while there were large queues at MedPark on the first day reports are now of a very quick turnaround with a very much reduced amount of people.

Thanks. I guess you have to be registered with MedPark? Or just front up with your passport unannounced ?

10 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

In the meantime has anybody outside of Bangkok had an actual vax via the expatvac program please.

Many like me have had confirmation we are registered ut any actual appointments that actually got jabbed.

Pretty sure all those being vaccinated at Central Festival in Pattaya are as a result of registration on expatvac.

PH

12 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Register on:

https://www.thailandintervac.com/

once registered you can turn up with passport only.

Just one last question. 

I see from the Registration form that it would be Pfizer,  but also the information to submit is nearly the same as the expatvac Registration. 

So if I submit this, will it not be the same double Registration for the same MFA offer already done.

Or is it handled separately ?

13 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Ok. Again thanks for your advice. 

I just checked Google and about 30 mins drive from my location. 

I assume it was Pfizer vaccine you got?

Yes Pfizer was available ( and I got it at 60 yr old) for over 60’s or under 60’s with a health certificate, otherwise Astra was given.

The registration looks to be still open and hopefully Pfizer is still being given.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Just one last question. 

I see from the Registration form that it would be Pfizer,  but also the information to submit is nearly the same as the expatvac Registration. 

So if I submit this, will it not be the same double Registration for the same MFA offer already done.

Or is it handled separately ?

Handled separately, I had already registered for expatvac when I saw MedPark was giving Pfizer so I registered there also and got an immediate appointment slot.

My expatvac registration never contacted me.

23 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Thanks for all the contributions.

The topic is expatvac which is about the only route for those unable to reach Bangkok in many parts of rural Thailand.

May I humbly suggest I think those who wish to discuss one Bangkok outlet like MedPark to start a thread about that.

In the meantime has anybody outside of Bangkok had an actual vax via the expatvac program please.

Many like me have had confirmation we are registered ut any actual appointments that actually got jabbed.

If so what was the  Vaccine, does your cert show the dose reference /origin as mya be necessary to allow easier travel to some countries?

A friend in commie Lao, she is not Lao  has been offered 3rd free shot

I think the situation in the 'lesser'  provinces is unchanged as far as any expatvac registrants goes. They are likely still working through their top 20 provinces so if you are in a province with 200 or less i.e. not in the top 20, I guess it's going to take a bit longer.

The only positive here is the locals are starting to get vaccinated at last, with SInovac. I could have gone along with all the migrant workers but chose to wait along with the wife.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Thanks for all the contributions.

The topic is expatvac which is about the only route for those unable to reach Bangkok in many parts of rural Thailand.

May I humbly suggest I think those who wish to discuss one Bangkok outlet like MedPark to start a thread about that.

If so what was the  Vaccine, does your cert show the dose reference /origin as mya be necessary to allow easier travel to some countries?

A friend in commie Lao, she is not Lao  has been offered 3rd free shot

Apologies @RubbaJohnny for temporarily hi jacking your topic but it would appear there are still some posters who registered for expatvac and are unaware there are other options or are worried about jeopardising their expatvac appointment by registering elsewhere.

There are two or three MedPark threads already , last thing we need is another.

Hence my intrusion on your thread  ????

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Handled separately, I had already registered for expatvac when I saw MedPark was giving Pfizer so I registered there also and got an immediate appointment slot.

My expatvac registration never contacted me.

Thanks again.  Have just registered with them for next Monday. Email expected in next 24hrs.

Next challenge to get a taxi on Monday who understands where I need to go.....and is willing !!

I'll show him Google map and directions. Should work.

Cheers

• Like 1