Victim of theft, options from here?

Dave Dave

14 hours ago, jvs said:

You will find it hard to believe but the officer that i reported it to told me she makes Thai

people look bad and she should go to jail but unfortunately this case does not have any urgency.

He said that id she would have been selling drugs it would become a priority .

Such was not the case.

Then he asked me what she looked liked and i told him i did not have a picture with me.

Then he told me he had a lot of these cases and pointed at a pile of files in the corner of his desk

Guess what?The top file had her picture on it!

He told me she was a bad woman and cheated other foreigners also.

The guy that was there before me made that other report earlier that morning.

Sometimes justice does happen,i did not see any money back but knowing she spend time

inside almost makes it worth it and it is long ago,when i first came to Thailand.

????

15 hours ago, KeeTua said:

What was the solid proof you provided to the cops to cause her arrest at the airport years later?

If you make a police report, they go to court with the evidence, if the evidence is enough the courts issue a warrant. The next time they go anywhere in Thailand that requires them to prove identity they ping on the computer and get arrested.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, chrissables said:

If you make a police report, they go to court with the evidence, if the evidence is enough the courts issue a warrant. The next time they go anywhere in Thailand that requires them to prove identity they ping on the computer and get arrested.

Yes i had a copy of the warrant and the police told me to carry it with me,if i would see her any where

take the warrant to the nearest police station and get her arrested.

I think i still have it some where.

• Like 1

In addition to the advice already given, do what you can to prevent this from happening again.  She may well think she got away with it one time so why not do it again.

That's a lot of money!

Is this out of character?

If not at least make a report and keep a copy.

It'll come in handy when you don't allow her entry to your property and she makes a stink.

You can show the report to police if there's a problem or things escalate.

Hopefully there's not children involved and you can settle things amicably.

Smart not to go to her hometown for a confrontation which will only end up badly.

Good thing you seperated

She sounds a little unhinged.

• Haha 1