China donates medical devices worth 50 million baht

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

And what does China want in return...... The other parts of Thailand it doesn't own yet... 

Because nothing is Free in this world... 

Well guaranteeing that their citizens and others in Thailand will be safe to provide labour for their Belt and Road initiatives. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Speaking to a Chinese colleague last week, she told me that in China things are back to normal, but complained of the Delta variant, caused by foreigners! 

My Chinese suppliers said the same. They really had a hard time with the zero tolerance lockdown and the extensive flooding. Just last week, the restrictions were lifted and they could get to the bank and able to did a financial transaction to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are they prescription grade or Lazada grade meters?

The inexpensive "for fun" meters: "These products are sold as either general wellness or sporting/aviation products that are not intended for medical purposes, so they do not undergo FDA review. OTC oximeters are not cleared by the FDA and should not be used for medical purposes."

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/safety-communications/pulse-oximeter-accuracy-and-limitations-fda-safety-communication

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

China has agreed to provide medical equipment, including oxygen generators and fingertip oximeters, valued at 10 million yuan (about 50 million baht), to Thailand to help in the fight to contain the COVID-19 pandemic.

I thought the infections were dropping and recoveries increasing?

Hospitals should be coping much better now.

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Gold Star said:

The oximeter is another medical tool, to measure how much oxygen is getting into your blood. If you are not getting enough, and it gives a low reading, you should be given supplemental oxygen via an oxygen generator, or from a bottle,

Will Chang work?