Hua Hin opening like Phuket Sandbox on Oct 1st to "100,000 foreign tourists for sure" spending 1.2 billion

webfact

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

I am wondering what they eat or drink, because if you see the increasing numbers of Phuket, and the uncertainty of this period with no lockdown or whatever you call it, and the negative travel advice of the western countries, I think something is blurring their minds 

didn't they just legalise Krathom - maybe they all drinking K-Tea 

It has to be something because nobody with a full deck could possibly come up with this nonsense - it really is insanity

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, khunPer said:

I wonder where they get these numbers from, cannot be the success of Phuket Sandbox, which is some 90,000 short to be topped up this month, compared to the originally predicted 120,000 tourist arrivals - and the Russians seem to head for Krabi, at least 500,000 of them which could be all Russian arrivals, if nor more, and Samui+ is also going to have their fair share; are there really so many tourists "for sure" queuing up to enter Thailand before year end...????

did you have your K-Tea this morning - that post is just as bad as the OP

Foreign tourists and Bangkok tourists have been coming to Hua Hin for months throughout COVID-19, even during the lockdowns..

Some rejoicing - it is so quiet and peacful in Hua Hin..

Others - this is all too boring, where else can we go?

4 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Well, to be fair, the Phuket sandbox scheme has been such a resounding success I can see why they would want to copy it.

Yes, because Hua Hin is exactly identical to Phuket, in being an isolated island, with major international airport able to accommodate wide body jets and process millions of passengers a year through the state of the art terminal building. Nearly all HH residents are vaccinated and the outbreak is totally under control, nobody could enter or leave without passing a heavily manned single checkpoint, and there are lots of wonderful islands around it, which tourists can spend their dream holidays on. I mean, 100% identical to Phuket.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, khunPer said:

Russians seem to head for Krabi, at least 500,000

I laughed when I saw that yesterday.

Talk about pulling a rabbit out of your hat.

Krabi  is beautiful but I think 99% of the businesses have closed, many permanently.

Besides the nice hotel and a walk on the beach theres virtually nothing to do but visit the most dismal Big C  or the occasional open 7/11.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Yes, because Hua Hin is exactly identical to Phuket, in being an isolated island, with major international airport able to accommodate wide body jets and process millions of passengers a year through the state of the art terminal building. Nearly all HH residents are vaccinated and the outbreak is totally under control, nobody could enter or leave without passing a heavily manned single checkpoint, and there are lots of wonderful islands around it, which tourists can spend their dream holidays on. I mean, 100% identical to Phuket.

Sarcasm tomas sarcasm . Geuss you missed that . 

6 hours ago, Orac said:

100,000 visitors spending 1.2bn baht is only 12,000 baht each. Since they will have to pay 14 days for hotel fees can’t see there been much left.

That's what i've been saying . They don't give a flying !@#$ about the locals as long as their hi-so friends hotel owners can make a buck .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Caldera said:

1 test at home before flying to Thailand, 3 tests after arriving, plus you probably need another one before flying back home... that does sound like a fun holiday! Add the CoE application process, Covid insurance, limited flights options...

Speaking of flights, how will that work for Hua Hin? Fly into Bangkok and use a special "sealed route" shuttle service?

I'd say they'll get a few thousand snowbirds. If you stay 3-6 months, those insane procedures don't matter as much as for a short trip.

I'm already shaking out my feathers ;D