Pickup truck gets stuck in the sand on Pattaya Beach, driver thought it was legal to drive on the beach

webfact

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

There's driving 'onto' the beach and driving basically to the waters edge. Idiot 

223392-scaled.jpg

Probably just wanted to go for a swim. You know how the Thais don't like to walk too far. ????

I wouldn't want to buy that pick up truck once the salt water gets to work on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

Happened once on an island resort of which I was staying. A group of Thais had parked their pickup on the sand; they were drinking whisky and smoking some fragrant substance. They offered me a drink; but I thought better than to accept.

They managed to lock themselves out of their pick-up. Somehow managed to help them with that. Then they got stuck in the beach sand. I retrieved some palm fronds from nearby and placed them under the wheels; that did the trick.

The men involved thanked me profusely for my help....and showed me their identification; police men from the Drug Suppression unit just back from Europe. I still have the leather handcuff holder and other stuff that they gave to me packed away somewhere.

Cigarettes and whiskey and wild wild women

They ll drive you crazy

They ll drive you insane:cheesy:

10 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Thais generally over-inflate their tyres for some reason. Given the state of the roads 28front 26rear for front wheel drive seems about right, vice-versa for rear wheel drive.

You're 20 years in the past.  Nowadays, tires generally go to 40-45 psi, for better mileage.  Surprised me, too.  For 40+ years, 32 psi all around was the magic number.

18 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

the legality wouldn't be my first thought, my first thought would be; is this a sensible thing to do?

I never knew it was illegal to drive on that beach in Thailand..

Depending on the type of beach, extremely stupid or not at stupid. 

Pending Sands (UK) - 1924 BlueBird made the land speed record: 146 mph 

It is still the location of car & motorcycle races. 

• Haha 1