I'm really over old idiots in Thailand

georgegeorgia

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

So Dinosaurs are not extinct after all. Who would have thought. 

I have long thought that.. I think they figured out at some point that the world was changing so they decided to shrink down and become ants... more room for us and more room for you... And i think ants are probably really smart too... just watch a line going up and down a wall.. Tyranosaurusminisculopi 

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Why oh Why do people give two hoots what other people say, think, believe !!!

Agree 100%.

Why do people care what other people are doing, assuming it doesn't impact on their well being and safety.

People even going out of their way to be upset by something that doesn't concern them or impact them.

Sad, sad individuals.

Do unto others.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, starky said:

Ill think you'll find it's older people generally who find it hardest to change their mindset. My old man is a Vietnam vet still hates "gooks".

Disowned me for a couple of years when I married my missus now is proud to proclaim never met an Asian that was any good but xxxx is ok. So we making progress lol. And just for the record Australians, of which I'm one, are without a doubt some of the most racist people on the planet being jokey about racism doesn't make it not racist.

All I heard growing is up was gook, spic, <deleted>, slaphead, bubble and squeak, lebbo, slant eyes and a million other derogatory terms to numerous to mention followed up by its alright mate only joking.

Wow.

Very Farang. Especially within the confines of the English-speaking variety. 

I lived in a condo in On Nut a few years back and I saw this guy in his 50s (I guess) around the complex. It would wind me up, that he would interrupt my work with no thought of others, but his negativity and slagging off of Thais was non stop. He had no filter in his brain that his negativity would fuel others to avoid him and hence I did. I would literally hide behind walls a couple of times if he was coming in the opposite direction my way; as once you say hi, he'd just stop and talk non stop, be negative, slag off Thais and no escape from him. Glad I left that place ????

• Like 1

After 20 years.

I just hate myself more. For not adapting/assimilating quicker.  Could of made things more easy.

Then again i'm now a happy camper.

I would say. Hate the game. Not the player. But sometimes. One must refect on themselves. Before judging others.

1 minute ago, Simple Jack said:

After 20 years.

I just hate myself more. For not adapting/assimilating quicker.  Could of made things more easy.

Then again i'm now a happy camper.

I would say. Hate the game. Not the player. But sometimes. One must refect on themselves. Before judging others.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone........thud.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Keep in mind when you grew up was a different time. The words you have used are highly charged and I would suggest rarely used these days. 

There is some racism in Australia. I think everyone is a little bit racist. But I think there are fewer nasty racists like you find in other countries. Right wing stuff. Those that don't give people a go. I think most Australians are reasonably fair minded. Most.  

I also note a difference between Melbourne and northern cities. They have tried right winger fox news type radio in Melbourne but it never works like it does in Sydney. 

See ya played into it. So it's ok to be racist as long as your not nasty? Therein lies the rub. Subtle, accepted racism is probably worse. I'm not judging just saying and yeah we are fair ...racist but fair.

Tbh in truth we are all racist all tribal all prefer to hang with our own survival of the species or "tribe" depended on it for millions of years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

Whether it is gay, transgender, bisexual, asexual, bestiality, swinging, groups sex, wife swap etc.  Your preference is fine, 

Never realised there were so many options available, perhaps somebody could organise a poll to establish people's preferences. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, starky said:

See ya played into it. So it's ok to be racist as long as your not nasty? Therein lies the rub. Subtle, accepted racism is probably worse. I'm not judging just saying and yeah we are fair ...racist but fair.

Tbh in truth we are all racist all tribal all prefer to hang with our own survival of the species or "tribe" depended on it for millions of years.

I was acknowledging that you, me , Chinese, Japanese, Inuit are all a little bit racist, and probably a little bit sexist, and everything else -ist  in the way we approach things. I didn't say that meant it is OK.

Sometimes our feelings about a certain situation or people might have some justification. Usually generalisations are not justified. 

You just made a post specifically about Australians being racist and I think they are probably no more racist than others, and probably less so, in terms of the nasty stuff.  

• Like 2