Chonburi Governor releases new orders easing restrictions effective from Friday, October 1st

snoop1130

gym1.jpg

The Chonburi Governor has released new orders through their Public Relations Facebook page this afternoon detailing the easing of Covid-19 restrictions in alignment with recent guidance from the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, in Bangkok.

First, you can see a list of the CCSA announcements previously by clicking here. We are not going to list every single previous announcement in this article.

We are going to focus on what is new/changed, not list every single venue that is already allowed to open.

All of this is effective from Friday, October 1st, 2021 until further notice.

Easing/Changes

-Curfew is now 10:00 P.M. to 4:00 A.M. in alignment with the CCSA orders. It is still mandatory in Chonburi and not “suggested.”

-Most business venues can now close at 9:00 P.M., not 8:00 P.M.

-Nurseries can open, early childhood centers, preschools (with permission from local authorities and strict rules), school buildings with permission from authorities. (Mainly for teacher use, special exam testing, etc. Public school is not yet back in session locally.)

-Restaurants can open until 9:00 P.M. No alcohol sales (that is currently only Phuket). Live music or performances is ok but must be less than 5 people, only singers can not wear masks. Artists must not mingle with customers. Capacity limits still are in effect, no more than 50% of occupancy for indoors with air conditioning, 75% for outdoors or no air con.

-Convenience stores are still closed from 9:00 P.M. to 4:00 A.M. overnight.

-Libraries, museums, art galleries, historical sites, science centers, culture centers, architectural sites, etc. can open, no more than 75% of capacity, no food or drink allowed.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/30/chonburi-governor-releases-new-orders-easing-restrictions-effective-from-friday-october-1st/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Gold Star said:

'-All types of massage parlors can open, except steaming/sauna'

At last they can make money again, hand over fist.

Hehe yeah the only true spa experience would be infrared or turkish steam, the rest are handjobs and torture.

19 hours ago, Gold Star said:

'-All types of massage parlors can open, except steaming/sauna'

At last they can make money again, hand over fist.

I haven’t a clue as to what you are implying......

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

-Movie Theaters can open, with no more than 50% capacity, cannot sit next to others except your own group, no food or drink, must wear a mask the whole film.

Sounds a thrilling experience

It's crazy. I give it a week, and no one will care.

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

My question is, what it the difference with the rest of the country??? AS far as I know it are the same as the Government announced.

If Phuket can serve alcohol in restaurants, why can't the rest of tourist places. The Phuket Sandpit has been a WOFTAM and other tourist places have suffered more because of the special deal in Phuket.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

-Movie Theaters can open, with no more than 50% capacity, cannot sit next to others except your own group, no food or drink, must wear a mask the whole film.

The cinemas are never more than 1% full at normal times, they're lucky if they get 5 people in a screening.

23 hours ago, Khun Yogi said:

If Phuket can serve alcohol in restaurants, why can't the rest of tourist places. The Phuket Sandpit has been a WOFTAM and other tourist places have suffered more because of the special deal in Phuket.

Came to Thailand 17 days ago. 

Seven days in Phuket was nice went out every night. 

Got beer everywhere, although the police came and shut down soi Bangla 11pm.

Nine nights on Samui, everything shut down. 

Sat in my friends backyard drinking beer, about 8 friends gathered there every night. 

My first night in Pattaya yesterday, most popular spot was seven bar on soi Buakhao. 

If I had friends coming I would recommend Phuket. 

On 9/30/2021 at 8:09 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

This alcohol frenzy is killing tourism. As always, they really didn't think this one through. "Musicians can't mingle with guests?!?" etc.

Having a lot of drunk people around increases the risk of spreading infections. Drunk people don't adhere to rules as their IQ diminishes in direct proportion to the quantity consumed. What's wrong with decreasing the risk of public drunkeness? We should be happy that many things are slowly improving.

It's worldwide covid and a 14 day quarantine that destroyed tourism, not the alcohol restrictions. Don't worry, you can still get smashed at home.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 10/1/2021 at 3:12 AM, RichardColeman said:

Who goes to cinemas these days, even in good times? I gave it up years ago. It used to be fun, but home screens are too big now, especially if you sit close LOL. Now with high speed internet, or a cheap Netflix subscription, you can watch anything you want, when you want.

On 9/30/2021 at 11:41 PM, gk10012001 said:

"Bars, nightlife, nightclubs, karaoke, gentlemen clubs, gogos, entertainment, etc. remain shut. So do waterparks, arcades, pool halls, amusement parks, anything alcohol-related, snooker halls, etc."

I think many tourists would miss some of those activities.

Even with those activities available, when would there be "many tourists" to miss them? Even with bars fully open, it will be a long time before we need to worry about many tourists. Thailand is not the only country suffering, but reading here it seems it's only Thailand that has covid and that the rest of the world has conquered it.

On 9/30/2021 at 8:38 PM, Khun Yogi said:

Haven't you heard, alcohol attracts the virus, but apparently only in Asia.  They didn't ban it in most western countries and that worked out just fine.  I have yet to hear a good explanation what the reasoning for the ban is.  Some people have said it's because Asians share glasses/bottles.  That doesn't explain why it's banned in western restaurants. So it's still a complete mystery to me what the reasoning for this is. 

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

They didn't ban it in most western countries and that worked out just fine. 

Really????

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

Haven't you heard, alcohol attracts the virus, but apparently only in Asia. 

Haven't you heard, if covid got out of control in South East Asian countries their medical systems would completely collapse.  That means people with regular injuries and illness Eg. heart attacks and vehicle accidents bleed out, so it compounds that no one gets treated for anything, and many die, not just from covid.

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

I have yet to hear a good explanation what the reasoning for the ban is. 

How about, if you contain people, you contain the virus, thus contain disease and death?  Yes, rocket science.  

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

Some people have said it's because Asians share glasses/bottles.  That doesn't explain why it's banned in western restaurants.

If you remember back to 2020, "restaurants" here basically became bars, and bars basically became restaurants.  Solution - close them all.  

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

So it's still a complete mystery to me what the reasoning for this is. 

Obviously.  

9 hours ago, shdmn said:

That doesn't explain why it's banned in western restaurants.

Do you really think that the government views "western restaurants" as significant enough to warrant their own category?

They're not even on the radar when it comes to rule making. And even if they were given consideration, do you honestly imagine giving them special dispensation would be a good political move?!