Now 7-day stay for Sandbox tourists from any country in the world

webfact

Is there already the planned transfer option at Suvanabumi Airport? Many airlines only offer Bangkok as a destination and not e.g. Koh Samui. Same with Phuket. There is no long range airline which over Krabi as final destination. Can travelers book the connecting flight seperatly themselves?

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

I'm in the phuket sandbox since September 26th. Will I be able to fly to BKK on October 3rd which is my 7th day? I asked for a certificate and fit to fly document from the testing center when I had my 2nd swab test done. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, John Q said:

I'm in the phuket sandbox since September 26th. Will I be able to fly to BKK on October 3rd which is my 7th day? I asked for a certificate and fit to fly document from the testing center when I had my 2nd swab test done. 

Do you have to fly out of Phuket? Also could you tell me what the SHABA cert is? Do you get it if you book directly with the hotel or do you have to use some site?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cclub75 said:

Indeed. After more than 1 year and a half, they still refuse to understand.

It's pathetic.

Every week they try to sugarcoat the "sandbox"... To the point of total absurdity ! Look at their sign now ! "alcohol allowed" and even "Live music !"

????

That's a very powerful message for... tourists... They are supposed to be thrilled, wai, and say "thank you !"

Yes. And, in the publication which can't be linked, they today said they expect 1 million tourists in Phuket between now and the next six months!!! Hahahahahahaha!

59 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

I wonder if the price of quarantine will also come down?

My guess is, that the price will go up.

Can a domestic traveller from Bangkok to Phuket now prove to be Covid free with self-testing using the Thai FDA-approved Anitgen Test Kit, or is this solely an option for Phuket residents?? Do we no longer need to show proof of at least one night reservation in a Phuket hotel?

Edited by Xonax

So to cope with the predicted increase of tourists due to the reduced 7 day quarantine , will the authorities allow farangs to use inter-provincial buses and flights , indeed bring back buses to provide a reasonable service and reinstate flight routes .   Also not forget that after you have finished your quarantine and maybe travel to a village , it is quite likely that the head of the village will want you to do another session of inhouse quarantine . Sandbox details neglect to mention this .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, racinkc1 said:

Do you have to fly out of Phuket? Also could you tell me what the SHABA cert is? Do you get it if you book directly with the hotel or do you have to use some site?

Afterthe 2nd test you should be allowed to fly out from anywhere.

SHABA Code is supplied by the hotel, once you paid for your stay.

48 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Why do they advertise live music?  Live  music in Thailand has always been a horror show.  It was like screaming cats and base ad nauseam.  

You should not call your in-laws shouting at you making music, though.

Edited by Deli
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Deli said:

Afterthe 2nd test you should be allowed to fly out from anywhere.

SHABA Code is supplied by the hotel, once you paid for your stay.

OK thank you. But, do I need a departure flight to book the swabs? It looks like I may need one. If yes do you book a flight out on the 8th day or what?

26 minutes ago, racinkc1 said:

OK thank you. But, do I need a departure flight to book the swabs? It looks like I may need one. If yes do you book a flight out on the 8th day or what?

Do you need to leave by air or can go by car/boat?