Thailand to target wealthy Indians to make up for absent Chinese tourists

webfact

3 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

That's hilarious!!! I love how these people here speak with so little to no intelligence what-so-ever. So many countries including the US use these offshore resources to reduced labor costs. Speaking from my own personal experience in the US and working in the IT industry for over 40 years, we could hire 4 to 5 offshore resources for the same salary as we paid 1 onshore resource.   

Very true.

If you are a Business owner in the UK, the chances are that the Accountant you pay Mega Bucks to for his expert advice Etc is just having a quick once over your Financial Records, and the all the work is sent to India for actual processing.

The Accountant then has a quick look over them again when the work is complete, before submission them to the Client.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Do they not realise how unwelcome this makes the ordinary run of the mill tourist feel, come back if we can't get enough rich people. A good majority of the Khao San Road backpackers would probably be tomorrows professionals as well, looking to remember where they spent gap years in times to come.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Hey this makes real sense let's open up to India.  get more variations of covid.  Do people not read.  The only country with more active covid cases is the U.S.

Why would you open up to a country that is black likested by many other countries due to the virus (...)

Thai authorities like Chinese, Indians, and ..., oh, yes, more Chinese. So in their eyes it makes perfect sense.

6 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Hey this makes real sense let's open up to India.  get more variations of covid.  Do people not read.  The only country with more active covid cases is the U.S.

Why would you open up to a country that is black likested by many other countries due to the virus.

OH I AM SORRY 

forgot logic? 

India has done very well due to Invermectin. 

They must be desperate as Thais generally dislike Indians, apart from Lord Buddha, but they don't know he was Indian due to their lack of geographical/historical knowledge. Lumpini park used to be India, before the border moved. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NikmediaBkk said:

I am a Singaporean Indian who was raised and educated in UK and US and have become a Thai citizen 25 years ago and as far as I am aware, Indians from India are the worse kinds of tourists any country could ever hope for! If you were to check some of the India indians in Thailand or Bangkok facebook groups or blogs, you can see many of these India Indians are coming here on tourist visas to find jobs in Thailand or overstay their visas! The so called rich Indians are the worse misers! They can wear diamond rings worth millions but would bargain with a poor Thai vegetable seller by the roadside for even 5 baht. They do not tip, are rude and expect a lot of  freebies. They do not contribute much and as far as events like weddings, movie filming or once a film awards event, the hotels told me that they usually disappear with lots of unpaid bills! Also a lot have a problem with hygiene and and are misers when it comes to their own health. Hence be prepared for more new type of Indian SARS-CoV-2 variants coming. (The PCR tests or ATK are not the least accurate! and in India, vaccination certs are easily forged!) The Chinese tourists might be noisy rude and abnoxious, but they do spend money, do tip and some are even at thousand times better behaved and do have class (esp the younger educated ones). Please no Indians from India for Gawds sake! More than ever, the Thai govt should banned these Indians from the country!

You have certainly assimilated well, you'll be saying that old question about the stick, the snake and the Indian next.