Senior minister wants to see E-cigarettes legalized in Thailand

webfact

10 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

The original concept of nicotine vaping products which could be gradually decreased in content so as to wean off the addiction were deemed safe and certainly less harmful than conventional tobacco.

I agree they are less harmful, not sure I'd call them safe though...

17 minutes ago, Virt said:

True but it's nice with an alternative to regular cigarettes.

Personally i say, legalize vaping but ban the flavours.

Many of those shifting from regular cigarettes to vaping are not doing it for the flavour, but to get their nicotine in a less deadly way and by banning flavours it might disencourage younger people from starting if it does not taste of anything.

My personal views are somewhat harsh on both smoking and e cigarettes, but that's me.

My gripe here isn't the product as such but rather the manner some promote them as being safer than cigarettes but play down the fact they are not really safe as the minister in the OP does.

Edited by Bluespunk
grammar

16 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

My personal views are somewhat harsh on both smoking and e cigarettes, but that's me.

My gripe here isn't the product as such but rather the manner some promote them as being safer than cigarettes but play down the fact they are not really safe as the minister in the OP does.

I hear ya, and promoting vaping as safe is not the right way to go.

It's still deadly in the long run, but overall it's a better alternative which might end up giving the smoker a few more years in the end.

It's hard to know how deadly it exactly is, since we haven't had 50 years of vaping data to look into.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

The original concept of nicotine vaping products which could be gradually decreased in content so as to wean off the addiction were deemed safe and certainly less harmful than conventional tobacco.

Problems arose with the introduction of placebo flavored products which have been found to contain some very harmful ingredients. These are the ones teens often use for "image" purposes.

If Thailand were to legalize but enforce penalties on dangerous product they would be more in step with many places.

Ridiculous statement. How can any atmospheric pollutant be 'safe' for your lungs? Tell me. They may be less harmful than cigarettes but safe they are not.

• Like 1

I am always surprised as when in the rest of the world countries are banning these kind of products because it has been proven that they are not good for your health in Thailand somebody stands up and goes exactly in the opposite direction. I wonder where they find and why they always find these stupid persons? Who is responsible for putting them in such high places where they can cause more harm then they do good for the people of in this case Thailand?

We have seen similar decisions made in the covid pandemic in Thailand. They where doing so good. One of the best in the world and now.... In the world there is no proof of combining sinovac with astra zeneca. Thailand does. And even after 4 weeks after the first dose with sinovac. There should be at least 8-12 weeks between shots to get better protection results. Not a single medical thorough scientific investigation has been published about this combination of vaccines. Not even de WHO recommends or approves such. But the Thai minister authorises this and says its ok! Based on what?  And now another one without any knowledge of the human body, education and medical skills wants to legalize e-sigarettes?  It seems that Thailand is always going the opposite direction. 

I am sorry but this is not good again for the well being of the Thai people. Personel Economic Interest is the reason of advising such? I hope not.

Edited by ThailandGuy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, brommers said:

Using the same argument he should also propose to legalise battery operated dildos and other sex toys!

I never smoked so I cannot "move with the times and modern technology and start vaping"  ...am I retarded?

56 minutes ago, brommers said:

Using the same argument he should also propose to legalise battery operated dildos and other sex toys!

4 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

If Thailand were to legalize but enforce penalties on dangerous product they would be more in step with many places.

And enforce helmet wearing whilst riding a motorcycle, and enforce the wearing of masks if two people are in a car together.   555

5 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

If it is legal too smoke cigarettes then it may as well be legal to vape.

Both fruck up your lungs and both are obnoxious to non users.

One is orders of magnitude worse than the other in both examples. The damage you may be citing in vaping seems to pertain to non standard concoctions 

• Like 1