3 senior officials recommended to be sacked over dubious 112.5-Bln Baht rubber glove deal

snoop1130

rubber-glove.jpg

Former acting director of Thailand’s state-run Public Warehouse Organization (PWO), Pol Col Roongroj Putthiyawat, and two senior officials in the same organization, have been found to have committed gross disciplinary violations for the decision to procure 500 million boxes of rubber gloves for medical use, at a cost of 112.5 billion baht, without authorization from the PWO’s board.

Deputy Prime Minister and Commerce Minister Jurin Laksanawisit said today that he has received the investigation report from a disciplinary panel, headed by Pitak Udomwichaiwat, the deputy permanent secretary for commerce.

He said the findings indicate that Pol Col Roongroj and the two PWO officials, Kiatkachorn sae Tai and Muratatorn Kambut, committed serious disciplinary violations in connection with the rubber glove deal, adding that panel recommends that the trio be dismissed from service.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/3-senior-officials-recommended-to-be-sacked-over-dubious-112-5-bln-baht-rubber-glove-deal/

Logo-top-.png

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

500 million boxes of rubber gloves for medical use, at a cost of 112.5 billion baht

I would love to know how many gloves in a box to work out the true cost per glove to see the potential mark up.

• Like 1

Those who appointed him to this position should also be sacked for incompetence, and also he should be sacked from the police also. Quite what a serving, presumably tax payer paid policemen is doing serving as head of this i am not quite sure. (Well i am sure, but its rhetorical)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He said the findings indicate that Pol Col Roongroj and the two PWO officials, Kiatkachorn sae Tai and Muratatorn Kambut, committed serious disciplinary violations in connection with the rubber glove deal, adding that panel recommends that the trio be dismissed from service.

One should ask why is a Pol Col in charge of the PWO?

Rhetorical question.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

Problem they had was a) not getting approval (Sharing the love with PWO Board) b) it becoming publicly known.

Otherwise all would be good. Maybe they went to big to quick and soon. They should be jailed, not sacked.

Problem is: c) they did not share the widest slice of the cake with PWO Board - rookies

You can get such gloves cheaper at Makro - just in case another pr1ck has such lovely ideas. 

The Ministry of Inactive Posts just to a few corrupt thieves more. But then, if the Thais accept such highway robbery going unpunished - so be it. After all, it is Thailand, their country and they know best anyhow. 

225 Baht for a box of gloves - give these pr1cks a solid gold medal for pulling this off! 

5 hours ago, fangless said:

I would love to know how many gloves in a box to work out the true cost per glove to see the potential mark up.

And/or was the price paid inflated and part of the process was commissions, paid to the 3 names, their family members or close cronies?

Edited by scorecard

3 hours ago, MaiDong said:

If I wanted to buy a box of 100 latex gloves it'd cost me about B150 including shipping.

This order of 500 MILLION BOXES, was priced at B225 per box, if I was buying 500 million of anything I'd expect a little discount, not farang pricing! That's just insulting! 

You have to read the linked article.  No gloves were ever delivered.

What's disappeared is the 2 billion baht paid to the glove manufacturer as a deposit for this deal.  That amount is being held by Guardian Manf. presumably a Malaysian company, -and we all know how incorruptible those guys are!  I'm guessing that the 2 billion is the "skim".

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

One should ask why is a Pol Col in charge of the PWO?

Rhetorical question.

Most public servants who served keep their rank (as title) even they left the service already. A doctor will keep his Dr. title even if he is not practising anymore.

It is likely no changes will be filed, as there is no interest in going after bad cops here. And if charges are filed, it is likely they will not go to trial. And if they go to trial, it is likely they will get off without a jail sentence. Cops here are protected at the highest levels, and one of the primary duties of Prayuth, is to protect bad cops, immigration agents, customs agents, and army officials. He is the pro corruption PM.