Anutin praised for getting Thailand off UK's travel "red list"

webfact

so take mafia style political party and some old picture and make up a news story.

this pix is from september. Possible a "thank you" visit for donating 400k the AZ in August (without it non of foreigners, who opted for it, would have it). Or, as this ambassador is just freshly new, that was just only courtesy introductory meeting.

Until the british side don't confirm this "news", it's just pre-election propaganda

• Like 1

Okay so AFTER Thailand is put on the red list, because of his lack to order vaccines and people dying unnecessarily because of this… he is NOW praised for finally doing his job??

<deleted>??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Thailand could have been taken of the red list months ago, with some effort to get vaccine.... 

Now that we are taken off the list can we get two jabs of AZ vaccine instead of 1 sinovac and 1 AZ so we can go to the UK?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bkk_bwana said:

2.5% of arrivals in 2019 were British. This is a tiny step forward. Good, but not that significant. 

This is prob the funniest thing I have heard this month 555555 Anuitan the dirty Farang Brit basher the hero who has had 41,000 so called tourists x 500 thb “;0)

5 hours ago, bkk_bwana said:

2.5% of arrivals in 2019 were British. This is a tiny step forward. Good, but not that significant. 

I think that was partly to do with rising airfairs & falling pound. Recall when crazy Johnson took over in summer 2019 the pound only got what 37 baht. Horrific for tourists - it has to be rembered whatevers happens worldwide Brexit exacerbates things in UK and yes in summer 2019 there seemed few Brits around 

Please report real news and not the bullxxxx of what the government as put on facebook. If you do  i will promise to take my facebook post off about me being voted the sexiest man alive.

Words writen dont mean anything and these words are very far from the truth 

While he may not be responsible for Covid, Cha Cha and Anutin made many poor moves which allowed the spread. Not locking down the Samut seafood market area, within a 2km. radius, and and making sure nobody come in and out for 15 days, back in early December when they had 900 plus cases in one day, was a legendary mistake and amounted to gross malfeasance and likely blatant corruption.

Oh, I was too afraid of the optics of a lockdown! Yeah. Well, how about the optics of a failed economy with millions out of work, and an economy that has likely contracted by 18%?

Not sealing off the border with Burma, with the use of the 550,000 soldiers who are supposed to protect the nation, (and likely do next to nothing daily) and allowing corrupt border officials to continue working their franchises, was another. 

Announcing the closure of construction sites in Bangkok, a week in advance of closing them was as bone headed as it gets. It allowed super spreaders to travel freely all over the nation, resulting in an immediate surge of nationwide cases. 

And the severe bungling of the vaccination program is absolutely unforgivable. He should have resigned, or been replaced in March of 2020, after Covid broke out. He was in way over his head long before Covid came around. He lacks experience, a background in the health field, and the only reason he was appointed, and is still in this position, is due to the power and the influence he has over his party. There is NO other reason. 

99.9% of the Thais I talk to are so far beyond fed up. And if the 3-5% who drank the kool-aid still believed, after this latest covid debacle, Prayuth, Anutin and the gang have been truly unmasked to a humiliating and inglorious degree.

Who could possibly still have any faith in their competence, and sincerity, at this point? You want me to go on? This is not Covid. This is Pratin 19!

Get out. Get out now. Hopefully the people will no longer stand for incompetence. Not during an emergency. Not now. 

You completely blew the vaccination program!

You blew the response to Covid!

You blew the response to the outbreak in Samut back in December, which led to the 2nd wave!

What have you gotten right? It now appears the lack of cases during the 1st wave was dumb luck. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, robert888d said:

Alas my Thai partner would still have to do quarantine in UK costing thousands since his two sinopharm jabs are not recognized there.

No he would not. Since Thailand is off the red list, he would only have to "quarantine" wherever he is staying, for ten days (so in essence, self-isolate) - and undergo the necessary testing.

See info on the link below:

Travel to England from another country

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

4 hours ago, poskat said:

based on conversations that I have had with many thai girls, there is stiff competition for that title

Well at least erectile dysfunction isn't a problem then according to your 'conversations' with Thai girls.

4 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Swoon and double swoon if he was  double  jointed he couldnt kiss  his  own ass any more than his followers

Why is he not wearing his little doctor’s jacket to emphasise his importance 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Bhumjaithai party list PM and registrar Suphachai Jaisamut went on his personal Facebook page to praise his party leader, DPM and health minister Anutin Charnvirakul.

He claimed that Anutin's efforts were directly responsible for Thailand being removed from the United Kingdom's travel red list that is effective on Monday.

They really really have a limitless capacity for achieving ridicule...

• Like 1

Before Thais couldn't even visit the UK and those like students or returning expats would have to pay 89,000 to 135,000 baht for ten day quarantine. 

Bringing this into perspective: Thailand was placed on the UK's Red List on 30 August and will be removed on 11 October - so those poor Thai's were prevented from travelling to the UK for just 6 weeks.  Must have taken a Mammoth effort by Anutin to change that????.  I doubt the UK Ambassador will have passed Anutin's requests on.

Doubtless Thailand's vaccination programme is finally gathering pace but the UK would not have been taking too much notice of the claimed 47 million vaccinations as the majority of them would be single doses.

Having had some discussions with 2 UK MP's regarding travel between the UK and Thailand, I'm convinced that soemthing's going on between the 2 countries and its nothing to do with Covid 19. I believe the decisions made are very much political rather than health based.  The West is very concerned about the rise of Chinese influence across S.E. Asia and will no doubt be seeking to retain 'friends'.  Given that other countries with far lower infection rates and better vaccination progress were added to the Red List far earlier, it is very strange that it took until 30 August for Thailand to join them.

Nothing to do with Anutin - pure propaganda!

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

He claimed that Anutin's efforts were directly responsible for Thailand being removed from the United Kingdom's travel red list that is effective on Monday.

his comment is incorrect and misleading, it should read as """ Anutin and his cronies are/were directly responsible for Thailand being on UK  travel red list  or in almost every country  travel Red List """ thus nothing to brag about  555

• Like 2