Top 5 TV Shows of All Time

1. Yes Minister (Applies to any countries government)

2. Black Adder (that last episode!)

3. Kingdom (Korean Historical Zombie epic)

4. Thunderbirds (of course)

5. MASH (timeless)

I considered Baywatch, but bouncing boobs are not quite enough to make the cut.

On 10/15/2021 at 1:49 AM, Chad3000 said:

1. Get Smart

2 Green Acres 

3 The Prisoner

4. Black Adder 

5. Game of Thrones

1, 2, 3, 4 and 5:  M*A*S*H

Why? To me very clever comedy lines, very often with strong/important/valuable sociological undertones. I don't watch it for the military aspects, in fact it has very little relationship/connection to anything military and not during a war. 

I served a full posting time + in Sth Vietnam, the daily activities, events, contacts were nothing like what's portrayed in M*A*S*H, and we certainly didn't have characters like Klinger.

Here in Sydney we have forever reruns, currently 2 programs every mid/late afternoon M to F and 2 on Sundays.

Edited by scorecard

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

1, 2, 3, 4 and 5:  M*A*S*H

Why? To me very clever comedy lines, very often with strong/important/valuable sociological undertones. I don't watch it for the military aspects, in fact it has very little relationship/connection to anything military and not during a war. 

I served a full posting time + in Sth Vietnam, the daily activities, events, contacts were nothing like what's portrayed in M*A*S*H, and we certainly didn't have characters like Klinger.

Here in Sydney we have forever reruns, currently 2 programs every mid/late afternoon M to F and 2 on Sundays.

Mash was good. Alda was a solid writer but the gags became too set up especially in later seasons. Became a parody of itself. Funny, even that rather vanilla comedy would be condemned in the US today.

Edited by Chad3000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chad3000 said:

I think the office looks really funny buth US and UK but I've never found the time to watch it.

My TV viewing is stunted. Pretty much left US in early 90s. Never had cable so only watched PBS in 80s.

US office has nothing on the original UK one. Without Ricky Gervais and his unique humour and acting skills its lost. Available on YouTube.    

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Muffin the Mule

Andy Pandy

The Flower Pot Men

Magic Roundabout

Captain Pugwash        

:laugh:

Magic Roundabout / The Wombles / Captain Pugwash

Dr Who

Emmerdale (farm)

Man From Uncle

Zorro / Flash Gordon

2 hours ago, Postmaster said:

Those selections really interesting.  Breaking Bad I thought I'd watched until the end but after the DEA guy got shot and the families feuded it seemed to end weird.  Did I miss some episodes?

You really need to watch it until the very end - the final few episodes are particularly excellent.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Postmaster said:

Those selections really interesting.  Breaking Bad I thought I'd watched until the end but after the DEA guy got shot and the families feuded it seemed to end weird.  Did I miss some episodes?

Yes!  Watch the last few episodes as well.  You might want to watch El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie when you finish the regular series.

On 10/14/2021 at 9:45 PM, 2009 said:

As the title says: what's your top 5 TV shows of all time?

Mine are:

1. Curb your Enthusiasm

2. Breaking Bad

3. Frasier

4. Deadliest Catch

5. Game of Thrones

TV shows vs Mini-Series:

1. Chicago P.D.                          Game of Thrones (except they really screwed up the ending)

2. American Pickers                Hell on Wheels

3. Law and Order                    Band of Brothers

4. Married With Children        Lonesome Dove

5. NCIS                                      The Blacklist

Honorable Mention Goes To:

Deadliest Catch

Gold Rush

South Park

Edited by mrwebb8825

That's a tough one.  As I got older, different things had different impacts.

1:  The Prisoner

2:  Lost in Space.  The original from the 60s when I was a kid.

3:  Cheers (I'm a New England Native)

4:  Nova

5:  Ramsey's Kitchen

Notable mention: 

UFO, the Gerry Anderson show.  Eerie ending with the planet Earth showing us so isolated in the universe.

Married With Children

In Living Color

Parker Lewis Can't lose

Best Sunday night comedy lineup ever from like 1990

19 hours ago, lazygourmet said:

The Persuaders

Thunderbirds

The Prisoner

M*A*S*H

The Avengers

Wow.  I would list all of those also!  Growing up as a kid in the 60s, Thungerbirds, Avengers so classy. Prisoner so cerebral.  God bless UHF out of Boston that reached me in Rhode Island

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 10:49 AM, Chad3000 said:

1. Get Smart

2 Green Acres 

3 The Prisoner

4. Black Adder 

5. Game of Thrones

yeah. as a kid I grew up watching Get Smart and it was so funny in the 60s. Gosh my Dad was still spending time at home in those days and the family would watch the same TV shows on the one TV we had, and of course only 3 major TV networks, give or take a few UHF channels sneaking in from the Boston area

2 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

That's a tough one.  As I got older, different things had different impacts.

1:  The Prisoner

2:  Lost in Space.  The original from the 60s when I was a kid.

3:  Cheers (I'm a New England Native)

4:  Nova

5:  Ramsey's Kitchen

Notable mention: 

UFO, the Gerry Anderson show.  Eerie ending with the planet Earth showing us so isolated in the universe.

Married With Children

In Living Color

Parker Lewis Can't lose

Best Sunday night comedy lineup ever from like 1990

Lost In Space was fun.

Star Trek didn't do it for me. I am a public servant and Star Trek just seemed like public servant's in space. Structured government workers. No freedom. Next Generation wasn't bad.

Some of the monsters look a bit crappy and the stories can be a bit slow, and silly in the second series, but the the feel of the show and the spaceship and the journey through space and the sound of the engines, and the soundtrack from Johnny Williams and others, is excellent. Series 3 theme music is the best. Better than the Star Wars theme, that he went on to do, in my opinion. 

It was popular in Australia. Johnathon Harris did an Australian tour to full houses with the robot in the  early 90's. Youtube has it and it's fun.