Why so many chinese cars MG cars ? do people only care to buy something cheap, whatever is the quality ?

leba

20 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Just know the people that I  personally know that owned the MGBs, and ones I drove, were not even close to performance vehicles

US ones were de-tuned to meet emissions.

Not saying they were in anyway performance vehicles to start with, but yeah de-tuned would not have made them better !!

58 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually US did not make any production cars of that type (Corvette was more of a Jag) so expect that is the reason so many found there way to be dumped across the sea.  It was cheaper than a Jag but at least looked sporty in a VW way but the Ford mantra of Fix Or Repair Daily seemed to apply.  Having owned the first Mustang and later an e-type Jag (and father a UK assembled Volvo ???? ) was not any more impressed with UK auto industry of the 60's than USA.

But to be fair, American stuff was basic engineering  comparing it with a Jag in the 60's..

5 hours ago, placeholder said:

It's a pity that the words you chose didn't correspond to what you meant. You could get yourself an annotator to explain your text. Or find an audience composed solely of mindreaders. Here's a tip. Pronouns are really useful. But you shouldn't lead off with them. Clearly identify the party or parties you're targeting first.

Im sorry quoting you directly lacked clarity, and didn't provide you the context you require. Alternatively, I could just ignore the linguistically challenged.

(That would be you)

Edited by n00dle

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

British Areo space is doing well too what is it with people not liking UK leading the way. 

Leading the way? 

Again, show me a british ev.

Tesla is leadiing the way, vw is a close second. china other manufaturers also have evs rolling off the line.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/541390/global-sales-of-plug-in-electric-vehicle-manufacturers/

between saic and geely-volvo, china has 6 percent of the global market.  The uk isnt on the chart.

Sovetem doesn't even rate a kickstarter page or a website.

as for aerospace, they are present as a respecatble 4th with a revenue of around 18 billion comapered to the us, france and germany at 136, 54 and 42 biion usd respectively. To say they are leading the way is somewhat optimistic.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/263290/aerospace-industry-revenue-breakdown/

I have no issues with the uk leading the way. 

But even in an opium dream, they aren't.

Not even close.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Leading the way? 

Tesla is leadiing the way, vw is a close second. china other manufaturers also have evs rolling off the line.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/541390/global-sales-of-plug-in-electric-vehicle-manufacturers/

between saic and geely-volvo, china has 6 percent of the global market.  The uk isnt on the chart.

as for aerospace, they are present as a respecatble 4th with a revenue of around 18 billion comapered to the us, france and germany at 136, 54 and 42 biion usd respectively. To say they are leading the way is somewhat optimistic.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/263290/aerospace-industry-revenue-breakdown/

Not even close.

I get the feeling you don't like British stuff from any direction, l assume you are not British....????

• Haha 1

On 10/19/2021 at 9:33 AM, sirineou said:

I remember in the seventies people calling Japanese cars "Rice burners" and laughing at them, They even had Japanese car bashing events, where the buy American crowd would bash Japanese cars with baseball bats. 

A few years later all these same people were driving Japanese cars. 

It was like that w/being a long haired hippie too... When I was 18 and drove through Wyoming [1968] we had to tuck our hair under a baseball cap when we stopped for gas, then some years later, they were wearing their hair long and country music started sounding like rock n roll... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, transam said:

I get the feeling you don't like British stuff from any direction, l assume you are not British....????

A weirdo lemon a bit of a Richard if you ask me, he might be a noodle bit mention UK he gets the needle. ????????????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, n00dle said:

Leading the way? 

Not even close.

UK not leading the EV way yet but will do,  at the moment the UK is still building 8 cars in UK consider the best in the world. 

Don't get too upset. ????

• Haha 1

Yes, China is well known for cheap products that is what got them to where they are now economically and the west helped them with wanting cheaper priced goods.

China is developing strategic technologies and have been for the last 9 years, with innovation as the core driver of China’s development and they will be the leaders in this area in 10 to 20 years. Also with the USA stopping access to key western tec (since Trump) this has spured them on develop and be self reliant. They are a power house that will be very hard to stop

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stupidfarang said:

Yes, China is well known for cheap products that is what got them to where they are now economically and the west helped them with wanting cheaper priced goods.

China is developing strategic technologies and have been for the last 9 years, with innovation as the core driver of China’s development and they will be the leaders in this area in 10 to 20 years. Also with the USA stopping access to key western tec (since Trump) this has spured them on develop and be self reliant. They are a power house that will be very hard to stop

I see it as China have developed over time since world wars the same as Germany,  Japan, and some cheap manufacturers in Asian countries, the technology is available to them now. 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 9:44 AM, Kwasaki said:

Not for long there in the EU and China will decimate German trade. 

Difficult to answer that as your premise and conclusions are so bizarre.

Do you know why Germany has a surplus? Do you also know that BMW have major factory in Chi a?

2 hours ago, kwilco said:

Do you know why Germany has a surplus? Do you also know that BMW have major factory in Chi a?

Rolls Royce is made in UK.

10 hours ago, KhunLA said:

And RR Ghost starts at ... £255,020  equals ฿11,610,398.57 ... hmm

Can buy a house, w/ solar system, a couple MG EVs, even a couple E-scooters

and still have change left over.

But the folk with money can buy a RR, whom I guess already have a house.....????

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, transam said:

But the folk with money can buy a RR, whom I guess already have a house.....????

Not long ago if you bought a condo in one of the new high end buildings here in BKK they were giving you a C class Mercedes. Should tell you how overpriced the condos are 

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Then the certainly would be concerned about Thailand, China, or MGs.

They most certainly wouldn't buy a Chinese ride knowing it has a famous "bought" name, especially a Maxus T70 hiding underneath the badges.

Funnily enough, I was behind one this morning, I had a closer look at the Union Jack with Brit written on it on the tailgate, it also said "Dynamic"........????

How embarrassing....????

13 minutes ago, transam said:

They most certainly wouldn't buy a Chinese ride knowing it has a famous "bought" name, especially a Maxus T70 hiding underneath the badges.

Funnily enough, I was behind one this morning, I had a closer look at the Union Jack with Brit written on it on the tailgate, it also said "Dynamic"........????

How embarrassing....????

So what car or electronic device do you own, that doesn't have a Chinese part in it.

Or are you just anti Chinese, and them making a better, market-able MG the only thing that gets your goat.  If China didn't rescue & redesign the MG, it wouldn't exist.  

There is no 'us or them', it's one giant market place.  That fake cold war you read about, doesn't exist in reality.  China makes the guidance system chips for Raytheon's cruise missiles.  Do you really think there is any 'us vs them' any more.  

Might want to join the human race, not the white, black, yellow, brown thingy.

'Dynamic' is an adjective, and subjective.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

So what car or electronic device do you own, that doesn't have a Chinese part in it.

Or are you just anti Chinese, and them making a better, market-able MG the only thing that gets your goat.  If China didn't rescue & redesign the MG, it wouldn't exist.  

There is no 'us or them', it's one giant market place.  That fake cold war you read about, doesn't exist in reality.  China makes the guidance system chips for Raytheon's cruise missiles.  Do you really think there is any 'us vs them' any more.  

Might want to join the human race, not the white, black, yellow, brown thingy.

'Dynamic' is an adjective, and subjective.

What has Chinese parts possibly being in anything got to do with a 100% Chinese item or the MG subject...Gawd 'elp us.

But, tell me what British part is in the Chinese MG pickup....?

42 minutes ago, transam said:

What has Chinese parts possibly being in anything got to do with a 100% Chinese item or the MG subject...Gawd 'elp us.

But, tell me what British part is in the Chinese MG pickup....?

Haven't a clue (brit parts), as I don't care.  I read the specs, look a the price, track record / reviews, comparison shop, then purchase what ever product works for me.

As stated, no allegiance to brand or country, as none have ever done anything special for me.

What exactly is it that gets your goat about MG being saved and produced by a Chinese company.  They don't hide the fact, and the info, specs are accurate (I'm assuming).   There is no real deception in their marketing.  Minimal research, or simply reading any car mag will point out most things about it ... all positive I might add, from what I've read & seen.

Obviously it's not owning Chinese products, part or whole, as surely you do.  

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Great Wall Motors. Haval H6 coming soon to a dealer , not so near, to you.

So far at least 6 dealers in Krung Thep, and surely many more countrywide as soon as sales take off.  Definitely worth a peek for any shoppers out there.

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Haven't a clue (brit parts), as I don't care.  I read the specs, look a the price, track record / reviews, comparison shop, then purchase what ever product works for me.

As stated, no allegiance to brand or country, as none have ever done anything special for me.

What exactly is it that gets your goat about MG being saved and produced by a Chinese company.  They don't hide the fact, and the info, specs are accurate (I'm assuming).   There is no real deception in their marketing.  Minimal research, or simply reading any car mag will point out most things about it ... all positive I might add, from what I've read & seen.

Obviously it's not owning Chinese products, part or whole, as surely you do.  

Oh well, you do not understand my point, never mind....

"Passion Drives Since 1924"......????

https://www.mgcars.com/en/Home

https://www.mgcars.com/en/Home

17 hours ago, kwilco said:

And why not, assembling THEIR product for the massive Chinese market...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

UK not leading the EV way yet but will do,  at the moment the UK is still building 8 cars in UK consider the best in the world. 

Don't get too upset. ????

And I suppose if I ask you to name the 8 best cars in the world you will tell me to do my own ressearch again.

Your patriotism is indeed heartwarming.

Go uk!

I cant wait for the first electric austin marina

• Like 1