Why so many chinese cars MG cars ? do people only care to buy something cheap, whatever is the quality ?

leba

10 minutes ago, kwilco said:

The MGB was a massively outdated and unreliable car and quite fittingly was booted out of the international market by Datsun/Nissan and other Jspanese manufacturers.

4 pot indeed!

Strange how the USA imported most of them, eh. Production of the MGB/C/V8 ran from 1963 to 1981, so you really are talking cr@p. By then it was outdated.

What's with the "4 pot indeed"...?  🤔

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Yes, my Nissan Maxima was a fun little car to sport around in ... and ... dependable.

As was my wife's Datsun 310.

Even my Firebird was surprisingly dependable, for Detroit POS.

My Nissan pickup, tasked with towing was also great.   The only new vehicle I ever bought in USA.

You're not comparing like with like.

Look at the Datsun 240z and the Mazda Mx, Toyota Celica, MR2 even the Honda S500–S800, the Honda S2000 - the MG was in production from the ealy 1960s (when it wasn't even then very startling) until 1980 before they realised it was a waste of time.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Yes, my Nissan Maxima was a fun little car to sport around in ... and ... dependable.

As was my wife's Datsun 310.

Even my Firebird was surprisingly dependable, for Detroit POS.

My Nissan pickup, tasked with towing was also great.   The only new vehicle I ever bought in USA.

You're not comparing like with like.

Look at the Datsun 240z and the Mazda Mx, Toyota Celica, MR2 even the Honda S500–S800, the Honda S2000 - the MG was in production from the early 1960s (when it wasn't even then very startling) until 1980 before they realised it was a waste of time.

• Thumbs Up 1