Best Pizza in CM?

1FinickyOne

There's some tried and true in town that somebody will chime in on....It seems size wise like everyone bought the same size oven = smallish (4 of us)....

I find the Dukes a touch above average for taste but the large size disappears like cotton candy....

Once we moved further out from town I started making my own, hand stretching the homemade dough.... Taste wise it turns out pretty darn good; but the one thing I lack is the super hot oven temps that help turn out a superior, quick and crispy pie....But, it satisfies that yearning w/o driving 35K & fighting the in town parking....

Good luck in your search.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

the large size disappears like cotton candy....

Once we moved further out from town I started making my own, hand stretching the homemade dough..

disappears like cotton candy? Wow.. I never tried Duke's pizza, too many other choices there... 

I am actually ok w/an english muffin covered in Gouda cheese and some spaghetti sauce... but sometimes I want something closer to a good NYC slice... 

Mad Dog is ok - but I am hoping for better or best even... 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

disappears like cotton candy? Wow.. I never tried Duke's pizza, too many other choices there... 

I am actually ok w/an english muffin covered in Gouda cheese and some spaghetti sauce... but sometimes I want something closer to a good NYC slice... 

Rose's Roadhouse opens mid day & advertise a NY Pizza.... Sizes from small to gargantuan.....We enjoy their pizza too, although I can't seem to go without ordering their meatball sub (excellent racks of ribs <unparalleled> & sandwiches too).....They are in Mae Hia not far from Mae Hia Big C....

I have no idea if close to you or not....

Check out their FB page....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Rose's Roadhouse opens mid day & advertise a NY Pizza.... Sizes from small to gargantuan.....We enjoy their pizza too, although I can't seem to go without ordering their meatball sub (excellent racks of ribs <unparalleled> & sandwiches too).....They are in Mae Hia not far from Mae Hia Big C....

I have no idea if close to you or not....

Check out their FB page....

Rose's really does make an excellent ny pizza. The quality went down when Patrick opened a 2nd branch and wasn't there to supervise. But now he's back and it's excellent again. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, placeholder said:

Rose's really does make an excellent ny pizza. The quality went down when Patrick opened a 2nd branch and wasn't there to supervise. But now he's back and it's excellent again. 

Thanks. I had a friend who wanted to bring me there and then cancelled as he said the bottom fell out on the place... I will surely give it a go... 

• Like 1

I second islandguy with his preference for Street Pizza. But although they have many decent Italian style pizzas, the ones that I prefer are the ones that you won't find in any other restaurants. The Chiangmai style, Nar Wad, and my favourite ever: the Sri Racha pizza, where the tomato base is replaced by Sri Racha sauce, a little bit spicy. So, if you are after real Italian (or American style) pizza, there are dozens of alternatives that might please you more. But if you fancy to try something a little bit different, have a go at this place! Oh, the owner is also visiting my table every time as I am a very (very!) frequent customer, but I've never been pushed to buy something in any way. Just the opposite in fact, as I was offered a free glass of wine many times!!!  

20211012_184540.jpg

19 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Unless there is spmething hiding out there Dukes is the best of all I have had. Maddogs has been putting too much cheese on lately

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

About the only pizza I like is Pizza Company.

The rest of the chain pizzas aren't good, and my experience with local restaurants is not good.  I can find good Italian, but pizza.
Gag.  But?  Each to their own.  We all have our own tastes.

Difficult to say because Pizza is by now an international dish. Americans will like their style of pizza, which is NOT italian style no matter how you dress it. And Italians will have different opinions even inside the same family.

Italian style pizza, wood oven, in my opinion By Hand is the best - no you cannot have it with pineapple or shrimps. And mind you: they are Thai !

4 hours ago, moe666 said:

Maddogs has been putting too much cheese

I have never heard of an establishment being criticised for too much cheese on a Pizza before!

There is just no pleasing some people!

I will need to ask Nick for his response to that as a complaint!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1