Thailand entry rules for vaccinated and unvaccinated tourists

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Vaccination is  all that should be required, two tests is  just ridiculous

Jesus you still has no idea about how the virus and vaccines work!

Come on, before posting on a subject at least do a little research before your start typing!?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, bimmerbob said:
7 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

For someone that has entered and left 5 times over the last 18 months, all these positive changes are a step in the right direction and make a massive difference.

Did you actually travel as a tourist?

Slight difference if your travels are part of work........

Thats a valid point.... (I’ve ‘returned’ to Thailand 3x from work, and am about to after visiting family in the UK).

But... HashBrownHarry also makes a solid point - many of those complaining our making the extremely negative comment are those who have not or are not travelling. 

I found the CoE applications simple (Insurance is something I had anyway as was all the other paperwork) - the CoE were returned quickly (within 24 hrs). 

I expect the Thailand Pass process to be simple - at a guess take 15 mins and I’ll get the response within 24 hrs. 

I will have spent more time looking at flight options. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bvor said:

i am know where your link comes from as with TGIA which i have used in the past. my information from the todays bangkok post and also last weeks quoting a senior gov't spokeswoman clearly indicates that the 50k insurance cover in respect to the thailand pass must include general health cover. even the embassy wording states "including covid19" suggesting that its not only covid19 cover that is required. i won't be using TGIA covid 

So forget about TGIA -- It just means that, if you have a general medical policy that covers Thailand for $50K+ coverage, the policy has to have verbiage INDICATING covid coverage similar to this letter from AXA:

https://thailandgi.cdn.axa-contento-118412.eu/thailandgi/14f7160b-9dcb-4535-9d85-5b6f3927ed6f_Sawasdee-Document-02.pdf

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

Ever heard of KISS principle?

only fully vaccinated people are allowed to fly into thailand 

eliminate all the BS esp tested again after arrival and one night hotel stay….

they will learn from their mistakes….give it a month when they can’t figure out why tourists aren’t coming 

No ones coming because there's nothing open.

Forgive me if I'm not getting this but as I understand it one of the documents you need to upload when you apply for the travel pass is the negative PCR test result (not more than 72 hours before boarding the aircraft). Then wait 3 to 5 days for the travel pass to be issued! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats a valid point.... (I’ve ‘returned’ to Thailand 3x from work, and am about to after visiting family in the UK).

But... HashBrownHarry also makes a solid point - many of those complaining our making the extremely negative comment are those who have not or are not travelling. 

I found the CoE applications simple (Insurance is something I had anyway as was all the other paperwork) - the CoE were returned quickly (within 24 hrs). 

I expect the Thailand Pass process to be simple - at a guess take 15 mins and I’ll get the response within 24 hrs. 

I will have spent more time looking at flight options. 

Exactly.

My first entry last year was on one of the expat flights from UK, compared to CoE that was a bit of a hassle.

CoE - pretty easy and yes, i'd expect TP to even easier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiang Mai Will said:

What is a SHA or AQH hotel?

I have no idea what they mean!

ASQ = Alternate State Quarantine 

AQ = Alternate Quarantine

SHA = Safety Health Authority  (hotels approved by)

SHA+ = Safety Health Authority  (hotels approved by) and >70% of employees at hotel have been fully

vaccinated.

CoE = Certificate of Entry

For the purposes of the Phuket Sandbox and Samui Plus - SHA+ hotels were used where people could book the SHA+ hotel and register for CoE with the certificate issued by the Hotel (SHABA) and pay for and book their PCR test separately (proof of payment also required for CoE application) - the arrival PCR test is carried out at the Airport. 

For the purposes of the 1 night ‘Test and Go’ scheme in Bangkok - AQ is used (there is some bleedover from SHA+ which has muddied the waters a little - but ultimately the AQ hotels include Airport transport and PCR tests included and the PCR test is carried out at the hotel on arrival). 

2 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Now knowing you do not drink explains many of your posts - don't know what you're missing - lol.

You mean liver  failure, shrinking brain, hallucinations, blackout, slurred  speech, heart damage, lung infections, infertility, apart from the fact it tastes  disgusting

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Haha 2

I have friends asking me every 3-4 days if I have news about the reopening as they can't wait to return.

When I told them they are still required to fill out some sort of COE - now called Thailand pass, need to book a Sha+ hotel for a night and a pcr on arrival they said no thank you.

So much to the new rules lol.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

So forget about TGIA -- It just means that, if you have a general medical policy that covers Thailand for $50K+ coverage, the policy has to have verbiage INDICATING covid coverage similar to this letter from AXA:

https://thailandgi.cdn.axa-contento-118412.eu/thailandgi/14f7160b-9dcb-4535-9d85-5b6f3927ed6f_Sawasdee-Document-02.pdf

yeah thats the one i will be using for my thailand pass. period of cover (and cost) depending on if i go tr60 or visa exempt.

13 minutes ago, Kitchip said:

Forgive me if I'm not getting this but as I understand it one of the documents you need to upload when you apply for the travel pass is the negative PCR test result (not more than 72 hours before boarding the aircraft). Then wait 3 to 5 days for the travel pass to be issued! 

Nope.  Have a read of page 1 of this thread.

3 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

You mean liver  failure, shrinking brain, hallucinations, blackout, slurred  speech, heart damage, lung infections, infertility, apart from the fact it tastes  disgusting

Wow.

What's your source of enjoyment, going to church / being a Vegan / Yoga / non stop dieting / non stop exercise?

Then get hit by Somchai <deleted> in a car - lol

Enjoy!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Wow.

What's your source of enjoyment, going to church / being a Vegan / Yoga / non stop dieting / non stop exercise?

Then get hit by Somchai <deleted> in a car - lol

Enjoy!

Christ Im giving you a 1 out of  10 for your  profiling

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

A vaccinated person can fly back and forth within the EU without a test. This year the southern EU countries (Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal) had quite good tourist numbers. For example, Greece achieved 85.7% of the season's values of the previous record year 2019 in the months of July and August.

Can they get on a flight without a test?