Thai government announces 4 additional public holidays in 2022 to potentially spur domestic tourism

snoop1130

I understand it's about printing new calendars, but at pandemic times those long holidays are risky.

The longer holiday the more people cramped in public transport, hotels, tourist attractions, restaurants.

While the shorter ones 2-3 days, and many of them, allow holidaymakers just to take additional days from their holiday alowances.

Public holidays in thailand are really for the civil, military and police servants and banks.

Rest is just carry on their own work.

From those holidays only 30.12 is sensible. The other 2 to please royalists. The forth one just random date 

• Like 2

Well, we all like time off work but this is ridiculous.

IIRC public holidays have already increased by 2 per year due to additional days dropped in over the last 3-4 years. 

99% certain my private sector employer will be ignoring this announcement, I can’t say I blame them.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So giving up on the International tourism market?

Should've been the case years ago. 

The sooner this cultural/economy weans away from this fanciful/deluded state of dependency the better off everything will be. 

• Like 1

Just now, zzaa09 said:

Should've been the case years ago. 

The sooner this cultural/economy weans away from this fanciful/deluded state of dependency the better off everything will be. 

It did them well in the early days, bringing the country out of poverty, jobs for the poorly educated etc..... they just got too dependent and dare I say a bit greedy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, realfunster said:

IIRC public holidays have already increased by 2 per year due to additional days dropped in over the last 3-4 years. 

99% certain my private sector employer will be ignoring this announcement, I can’t say I blame them.

8 days in the UK!!!????????????????

2 hours ago, realfunster said:

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Civil servants will love the extra holidays, the rest of the countries workers will be slaving away to serve them.

Civil servants will love the extra holidays

And that is it in a nutshell.

The majority of Thai private companies do not follow all of the holidays otherwise they would not get any production done.

The company that I work for gives us 13 days of public holidays and around that figure seems to be the normal.

These extra holidays will be enjoyed by Government workers.

As for the mention of '8 days in the UK', I would gladly swap to the UK system.

I like many employees in Thailand work a 6 day week as standard, so those extra 5 days are swallowed up by the 52 Saturdays that I work.

The only time that I worked Saturdays in the UK, I got paid time and a half.

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, realfunster said:

If I am correct, I think this takes the Holiday Days to 28 next Year.

How to become uncompetitive in the Export Market for Dummies.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

If I am correct, I think this takes the Holiday Days to 28 next Year.

How to become uncompetitive in the Export Market for Dummies.

No private manufacturing company in Thailand observes anywhere near 28 public holidays a year, so these extra days will have little to no effect on the export market.

Edited by Bert got kinky

I am on salary here, and my place is closed for all holidays. So the more extra holidays the better.

And one day when you turn up to work after your holiday your job will be gone.

Any way they can lay of staff and save money in theses trying times they will find a way to do.

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Civil servants will love the extra holidays, the rest of the countries workers will be slaving away to serve them.

happy to say Her in Doors works for the government..more time off more time with the kids ..makes up for the low pay normal gvt workers get yippee more holidays 

• Like 1

With all the hidden cases here, due to people fearing the consequences of getting tested positive…… more holidays sounds like a great way for more hidden infections.

Ohh well, most Thai people will not have any money to spend anyway. But for sure will be great for all government workers.

• Like 1