All eyes on ruling party as Prayut-Thammanat battle rages on

webfact

5 hours ago, edwinchester said:

"....two men who are equally essential to Palang Pracharath’s fortunes at the next election."

<deleted> me, how can incompetent, control freak coup maker and a convicted drug smuggler be in such a powerful position?

Pay offs....

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Internal bickering and backstabbing. The hallmarks of politics and the need for power and greed to feed at the peoples expense.  Think I have summed it up pretty well.

These things should've been obvious decades ago. 

There is something highly disconcerting regarding the terminology of ruling party. Literally, less figurative. 

10 hours ago, internationalism said:

no, thammanat is only a proxy for prawit.

only some MP's will leave the PPP and join prayuth's new political party, but it's too late to build this party to election victory now.

All the opportunist and criminal element are in the PPP, they will stay there to avoid risk of unknown.

Another opportunistic party, bhumjathai, would be joining coalition with any winning party.

Strange, that thammant have organised this press conference within the government house. He is not a minister anymore. So this press conference was arranged by prawit

And at some point as a carrot to get the Bhumjumthai to help them form a Govt, Anutin will get his life long wish of being PM.

And for Newin and their clan to continue to make hay from the Transport Ministry.

Edited by smutcakes
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Governance and Stewardship...........what is generally expected by electors in the "West".

Rulers and Dominion.............what people get in the "East".

Rule of law versus rule by law.

Largely based on myth and culturally-centric conditioning. 

More fantasy than reality.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, edwinchester said:

"....two men who are equally essential to Palang Pracharath’s fortunes at the next election."

<deleted> me, how can incompetent, control freak coup maker and a convicted drug smuggler be in such a powerful position?

Truffle hogs.  They're good at rooting up money.

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Prawit is the "puppet master" never seen but is pulling all the strings.

Nah. not even close to being of the puppet master's inner circles. 

His health and fragility might be a factor. 

1 hour ago, chilli42 said:

Maybe expected but never seen

But perhaps 'unseen' is thammanat working towards stepping into prawit's shoes with the powers prawit has? 

Ignoring for a brief second the conviction etc., history of thammanat, seems to me he's quite good at strategy / long-term strategy building. He's dangerous.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Internal bickering and backstabbing. The hallmarks of politics and the need for power and greed to feed at the peoples expense.  Think I have summed it up pretty well.

Agree. But you forgot to add "Worldwide"

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Enoon said:

Governance and Stewardship...........what is generally expected by electors in the "West".

Rulers and Dominion.............what people get in the "East".

Rule of law versus rule by law.

I would hope that your post re: Gov't in the West was "tongue in cheek"

If not ...

No difference in any Gov't - Anywhere - Anytime

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

But perhaps 'unseen' is thammanat working towards stepping into prawit's shoes with the powers prawit has? 

Ignoring for a brief second the conviction etc., history of thammanat, seems to me he's quite good at strategy / long-term strategy building. He's dangerous.

I hear you and what could be worse than a greedy power hungry man with brains, talent and support.  Will be interesting (potentially disastrous) if he can gain the full support of the other two pillars of power in Thailand

17 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

I hear you and what could be worse than a greedy power hungry man with brains, talent and support.  Will be interesting (potentially disastrous) if he can gain the full support of the other two pillars of power in Thailand

But very short on ethics and morals and a proven liar. 

Better available. 

8 hours ago, seedy said:

I would hope that your post re: Gov't in the West was "tongue in cheek"

If not ...

No difference in any Gov't - Anywhere - Anytime

Yet, unfortunately, most are blind to this reality. 

On 11/5/2021 at 10:56 AM, edwinchester said:

Easily, just live in Thailand......