Thai PM orders growing of coriander on military farmland to curb high price problem

webfact

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

the cause of shortage were floods.

With the rainy season already gone there would be gradual improvement with supply.

Starting production from the scratch now would yield crops only in a few months than it would be over surplus, if they concentrate only on one crop. Hence dramatic price drop

Has the wet season finished? 

I've learned not to be critical of prime ministers or presidents and the like making stupid decisions and illogical recommendations that have no materially detrimental affect on the public at large, or me specifically.

I conclude that was 30 minutes or maybe 3 days of their time devoted to stupidity that did not cause anybody any harm.  The unfortunate truth is that as soon as they issue their ridiculous proclamations, they are then free to think of new ways to victimize us and bow to the wishes of Aristotle's Mob.

It's called democracy.

What a great use of the military. Growing cheap vegetables !  They should be out patrolling the border and catching illegals and drug smugglers, helping people affected by the recent floods and maybe even learning to fight !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

He also added that vegetables, such as coriander and chilli, are commonly home grown in such areas.

Stupid me I always thought they were herbs & spices. Where would i be without Prayuth's knowledge of agriculture, can you ask your buddy how can I grow flour ?

• Haha 2