Thai PM urges relevant government agencies to fix “Thailand Pass” system after many did not receive QR code

webfact

12 hours ago, vangrop said:

The minister speaking about dirty the dirty farangs. When you see some unmannered, stinking, belching, farting, tattooed 

frequenting Anfield road farangs you shouldn't be surprise about this guy's perception.

No more than the begging locals sitting around the Thai streets hassling tourists and foreigners in general...... the pickpockets and aggressive ladyboys... the necklace and bag snatchers on bikes.....

How does the minister recognize they are Liverpool supporters when they wear stained Chang singlets? 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

No more than the begging locals sitting around the Thai streets hassling tourists and foreigners in general...... the pickpockets and aggressive ladyboys... the necklace and bag snatchers on bikes.....

How does the minister recognize they are Liverpool supporters when they wear stained Chang singlets? 

Damn Filthy Ill-mannered Foreigners. 

They're Everywhere.

A question re the time gap between receiving the confirmation that TP has received your application, and receiving the ultimate approval e.mail / QR code.

During the 'time gap' 'waiting gap', did you receive any questions / requests for more information / requests for more detailed explanations etc., from the TP officers?

Please share. Thanks

7 hours ago, Fujionrye said:

I would have thought a 'screenshot' would have captured the pdf file in the appropriate jpg format?

No, you have to convert everything to jpeg or jpg. There's a Chrome extension call Convertio that works and is easy to use.

Does it allow for multiple pages to be converted into 1 file?

10 hours ago, moe666 said:

I would think any Thai who wanted to come back the last two years has been here for a while

My sister-in-law flew to Hungary for three months in March 2020 and hasn't yet returned. Of course, if she's like most Thais in my experience, once she's spent time somewhere else she doesn't want to return to Thailand. We're stuck with taking care of her 11 year old son.

3 hours ago, starky said:

Exactly right.  Thailand pass website does not accept any pdf format at all, nor multiple pages nor anything over 5mb. So the system is rubbish yes but if you only enter single pages per download request and you know how to convert files to jpeg or png you shouldn't have a problem. 

There has to be some limit on file size, it's normally 1mb, if you think of the traffic and attachments this website is seeing it's a lot to handle.

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

Earlier today I saw a comment from MFA announcing they are adjusting the PT registration site to accept PDF but it involves a lot o coding.

The good news - the hotel booking page can now be submitted on PDF file.

Sincerely, it is positive but this can be circumvented although it is a waste of time, but they should focus (should have resolved resolved already)  on granting the QR code automatically or at least finding a  more efficient way or easier policy.
I am two days away from their 7 working day time frame.

I will apologise to the MFA and other agencies for my unfounded  worry and my biased doubts  if that document reaches my mail before ‘their” deadline but I am not holding my breath 

• Like 2

On 11/8/2021 at 1:19 AM, micmichd said:

Yes, I read this, too (in the newspaper that cannot be cited here), and that's a shame. Why not make it easy and leave it up to the airlines to accept any proof of vaccination or fit-to-fly certificate resp.? 

far too simple and effective system for a country obsessed with bureaucracy and with a control freak governmental mentality

• Like 2

Sharing experience. Tried to submit to Thailand Pass on 01 Nov on go-live. On 02 Nov, used the "space after passport and insurance" and got the green check mark with the "will reply in 7 days" confirmation mail shortly after. Waited 3-8 Nov with no reply with a flight fast approaching 12 Nov, so asked somebody in my company in Thailand who handles our relationships with government. It was suggested to talk directly to local embassy/consulate as the system is administered by Thai Embassy and Ministry of Public Health. This morning 09 Nov called Thai Consulate in Chicago. Grumpy Thai guy said "nothing they can do as Thailand Pass is serviced by Department of Health" and recommended I send an email to [email protected]. Not wanting to give up, I called the Thai Embassy in Washington, DC. Friendly Thai lady asked my passport number and full name, then said she would check with Thailand Pass team, telling me to look in my mail in the afternoon. Literally 10min later an email popped in with Thailand Pass QR code. Job done. Lesson for me was to go directly to the main Embassy and not a Consulate.

• Like 1

so he is concerned about applicants not receiving a QR code, nothing about how hotmail cannot be used (per a UK poster hotmail is popular there) nothing about having to convert jpg to another format, TP wanting a code from the covid vacc form that USA does provide,  60 pages of intelligent complaints about  the site and he is concerned about a QR code not being received?  UN FNG BELIEVABLE

• Like 2

Just now, gim12 said:

so he is concerned about applicants not receiving a QR code, nothing about how hotmail cannot be used (per a UK poster hotmail is popular there) nothing about having to convert jpg to another format, TP wanting a code from the covid vacc form that USA does provide,  60 pages of intelligent complaints about  the site and he is concerned about a QR code not being received?  UN FNG BELIEVABLE

2 typos   above, should read that the usa does NOT provide ...and 7 pages not 60

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 4:13 PM, Buri utd said:

I filled out the registration forms on Monday received the pass QR-Code on Saturday evening and then Sunday afternoon received an email with the QR-Code again, I'm flying on Thursday. 

Me too..., it took only 3 days and we got the pass.