Thailand's Health Minister denied entry to Switzerland for WHO meet after vax with Sinovac

webfact

5 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

But still in Europe and member of Schengen so from there he could travel freely to the other members of the Schengen area, consisting of 26 countries including Switzerland. Thanks god the Swiss denied him entry.

How did Jack Ma then go to Spain a few months ago?

Small quantities of Western vaccines must have been delivered to China.

• Confused 1

Well, well, Anutin …… Now you know why the citizens of your country do not want Sinovac; however, they were desperate to get the 3 million doses of Moderna, being offered for free by the government of Poland, which the Ministry of Foreign Affairs blocked the donation of, citing that they needed to go through the “appropriate” diplomatic channel.

Well you wouldn't even know a diamond if you held it in your hand

The things you think are precious, I don't understand …. Becker / Fagen  ¯\_()_/¯

13 hours ago, Opossum said:

According to my understanding, there shouldn't be any problem for him to enter Switzerland based on the vaccines here in Thailand:

Link is published by the Swiss Government:

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html#-440105700

Which COVID-19 vaccines allow entry to Switzerland?

People who have received one of the following vaccines can enter Switzerland:

• Pfizer/BioNTech (BNT162b2 / Comirnaty® / Tozinameran)
  • Moderna (mRNA-1273 / Spikevax / COVID-19 vaccine Moderna)
  • AstraZeneca (AZD1222 Vaxzevria®/ Covishield™)
  • Janssen / Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
  • Sinopharm / BIBP (SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine (Vero Cell))
  • Sinovac (CoronaVac)
  • COVAXIN®

People who have been vaccinated with two different vaccines are considered to be fully vaccinated if:

• the vaccines used have been approved by the authorities in Switzerland (Swissmedic) and the EU (EMA) or are on the WHO emergency use list and
  • they were administered in accordance with the regulations or recommendations of the state in which the vaccination took place.

Following your link, it looks like the problem may have been to do with vaccine documentation. Also, the Swiss have their own strict rules for issuing a Swiss COVID certificate. Can't see any other reason.

12 hours ago, dinsdale said:

So this is your response? Fantastic addition from someone who has consistantly supported the Chinese vaccines and said that people on here denigrade it. I guess the Swiss have the same idea as many on here. Your position is obviously in opposition to the Swiss government as you keep posting how good it is. What do you think about this? Fairly sure you will respond with an emoji. Please prove me wrong and answer the questions if you will. Is Sinovac any good? Why do front line workers who have had 2 jabs of sinovac need an mRNA vaccine. Why has Switzerland taken this decision? All valid questions which from all your posts I think deserves an answer rather than an emoji.

EDIT: Or not respond at all.

Maybe as a mere onlooker I can respond:

1. Yes, Sinovac is good.

2. Receivers of Sinovac don't need an mRNA booster. A Non-replicating viral vector one will do. And receivers of that will also need their own booster of whatever they can find.

3. If you followed the link provided elsewhere, you would see Switzerland does recognise both Sinovac and Sinopharm, and in combination with other vaccines. However, they have additional documentation required for their own internal Covid-19 certificate.

Don't let prejudice and ignorance power your rant.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Maybe as a mere onlooker I can respond:

1. Yes, Sinovac is good.

2. Receivers of Sinovac don't need an mRNA booster. A Non-replicating viral vector one will do. And receivers of that will also need their own booster of whatever they can find.

3. If you followed the link provided elsewhere, you would see Switzerland does recognise both Sinovac and Sinopharm, and in combination with other vaccines. However, they have additional documentation required for their own internal Covid-19 certificate.

Don't let prejudice and ignorance power your rant.

All teachers in Thailand who had 2 Sinovac jabs require a 3rd mRNA booster to qualify as fully vaccinated. Well they did at my school.

Edited by dinsdale

5 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

The word is that NZ wants to vaccinate 5 yr olds and up, issue vaccination passports to all,which will have to be renewed every 6 months by having a booster, or stay away from the coffee shop, not allowed on planes.

Protesters and law suites now starting up everywhere, the world divided by Big Pharma and crazy politicians.

NZ and Australia appear to be the only nations in the world, as timid and afraid of the dark as Thailand. Sad. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

All teachers in Thailand who had 2 Sinovac jabs require a 3rd mRNA booster to qualify as fully vaccinated. Well they did at my school.

Presumably Pfizer. Noting wrong with that. It's down to whatever's available. There is a lot of Pfizer around. School kids were all getting it.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 10:10 AM, jerrymahoney said:

Well that also puts to rest any suggestion that the Deputy PM had surreptitiously obtained 2 doses of either Pfizer or Moderna

Does it?

The problem with lies is that you have to maintain them under scrutiny or  be branded a liar.

26 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Does it?

The problem with lies is that you have to maintain them under scrutiny or  be branded a liar.

I see -- such a dilemma for the Deputy MP. Should I tell them I really had Pfizer and then go in full glory  to the WHO wing-ding in Switzerland or keep to the Sinovac story and be snubbed and ridiculed back in the Kingdom?

On 11/12/2021 at 9:58 AM, RafPinto said:

????????????

OH DEAR.

Don't you know who I am?

The builder in charge of Health.

I am famous and love foreigners too mut.

Don't get too smug about this. He might double down on his disdain for foreigners and take out his frustrations on the rest of us "dirty" people. In Thailand he runs the show, irrespective of what we may think.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Anythingleft? said:

How the guy still has the job is beyond me.

Next up is that only MRNA vaccines will be accepted as is already being pushed in the UK, Astra Zeneca won't be much good either once that gets officially rolled out.....

Sinovac, Sinopharm and Covaxin will have approval in the UK as of November 22nd at 4am precisely.

I just wish people on this forum would 

1. RTFM

2. Keep up with the latest news.

3. Get over events that took place 18 months ago, including inappropriate comments by whoever.

4. Leave the sinophobic/xenophobic comments where they belong - in the garbage can.

5. Not speculate. A bit much to ask I'm sure, but nobody knows the details of the subject in hand. The link carries none. Who knows why this guy was refused entry, if indeed that was the case?

6. Some helpful links to source material for this topic might be:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination#approved-vaccines

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html#:~:text=Everyone entering Switzerland must present,proof of a negative test.&text=I am vaccinated or recently recovered from COVID-19.

or

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

Sinovac, Sinopharm and Covaxin will have approval in the UK as of November 22nd at 4am precisely.

I just wish people on this forum would 

1. RTFM

2. Keep up with the latest news.

3. Get over events that took place 18 months ago, including inappropriate comments by whoever.

4. Leave the sinophobic/xenophobic comments where they belong - in the garbage can.

5. Not speculate. A bit much to ask I'm sure, but nobody knows the details of the subject in hand. The link carries none. Who knows why this guy was refused entry, if indeed that was the case?

6. Some helpful links to source material for this topic might be:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination#approved-vaccines

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html#:~:text=Everyone entering Switzerland must present,proof of a negative test.&text=I am vaccinated or recently recovered from COVID-19.

or

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

Don't  get too serious about it, it's not really that important on the scale of importance world-wide. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

I see -- such a dilemma for the Deputy MP. Should I tell them I really had Pfizer and then go in full glory  to the WHO wing-ding in Switzerland or keep to the Sinovac story and be snubbed and ridiculed back in the Kingdom?

Exactly. The good news is that whatever he does he loses. Appropriate for such a poser too.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 9:46 AM, pkspeaker said:

so what? you gotta have 10 vax shots before you can travel now?

No, it depends entirely on which country you're travelling to and which vaccines they deem acceptable. In most (if not all) Western countries you can get in with two doses, so long as they're on the list of the ones they accept, or even just one dose of a vaccine (if it's Janssen).

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

Choosing Sinovac as the primary vaccine was a brain dead choice and has made Thailand alot more vulnerable than it needed to be. It has no doubt cost millions of jobs, raised the suicide rate, increased homelessness, and contributed to bringing unhappiness to the people. 

It has alot delayed the small glimmer of hope, that tourism will revive. 

Chinese vaccines “don’t have very high protection rates”, Gao <deleted>, the director of the China Centers for Disease Control, said at a conference on Saturday in the southwestern city of Chengdu.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2021/4/11/chinese-vaccines-effectiveness-low-official-admits#aoh=16368261871015&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2