Thai Airways kicks off catering website Puff&Pie

webfact

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I think this is about as daft an idea as when that horny Thai guy first saw a bottle opener

For the resources they will use (if there is proper comprehensive cost accounting) to sell their pastries the profit margin will be quite small and will have no impact on their massive debts.

Also, for this industry preventing theft of cash and raw materials and finished products is a nightmare, and to completely prevent/stop such theft costs a lot of money/resources. Just not worth it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai Airways International (THAI), has launched its catering website Puff&Pie, offering a food delivery service in a bid to seek revenue while undergoing business restructuring amid Covid-19 crisis.

Great, I like a little Puff-pie.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

There's nothing wrong with selling food .... it's just that Thai Airways is so deep in financial debt and now trying every trick in the book to stay alive it's ironic that it thinks selling puff pastries is going to fix everything.

They need to be cheaper and tastier and available in more places than S&P.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 6:34 AM, steven100 said:

puff & pie delivery .... what a stupid idea as how much of an impact do they thing this will make to their debt.

No wonder they are broke with trying on this sort of nonsense.  doomed to fail just like their airline ..... Lol

But it will be free supply and delivery to the military and politicians to make up for their recent loss of free flights.

Edited by onthedarkside
comment on other forum member removed
  • Like 1

The one thing we don't need, at least here in Bangkok, is another food delivery service. It surely is a lucrative business to deliver food, but the more competitors, the harder it will be to make money, as they only can compete on the price.

Foodpanda recently increased their delivery prices and at the same time now combine deliveries, so that the last food order on the bike will be cold at the time of delivery. The last two McDonalds deliveries from Foodpanda I have received was cold and as cold french fries and burgers are not delicious, I filed a complaint. All they could offer me was a 20 Baht voucher, that can not be used in combination with any promotions.

Edited by Xonax
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

puff & pie delivery .... what a stupid idea as how much of an impact do they thing this will make to their debt.

No wonder they are broke with trying on this sort of nonsense.  doomed to fail just like their airline ..... Lol

Let's just say that their business acumen leaves a lot to be desired....

Been of this nature for quite some time.

• Like 2

If Thai airways would only introduce the menu below at their "Puff and Pie" shops here in Thailand I would certainly be a frequent customer. They managed to serve up a very decent breakfast from LHR to BKK a few weeks ago although it was made in the UK. Black pudding on a Thai airways flight who'd a thought it?

20211103_214254.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Chad3000 said:

Wife still waiting for refund on ticket to Europe to see cousin.

Guess I know where that went.

Dead serious. Refund lol...gone!

Selling pies...how desperate.

so looks like your ticket money went into pastries ....   Lol     .....    and no dough

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

There's nothing wrong with selling food .... it's just that Thai Airways is so deep in financial debt and now trying every trick in the book to stay alive it's ironic that it thinks selling puff pastries is going to fix everything.

I missed the part in the article where it says that selling pastries will fix everything,

• Sad 1

On 11/20/2021 at 3:50 AM, smedly said:

Pre Covid this "airline" was a failure ............... now they are tring to sell food ???

Give me 6 months in control and full access to the accounts and I will fix it and I must also be allowed to bring criminal charges aginst those that have been filling their pockets for years - I am sure they are very wealthy now 

Probably kick off anyone in First, most who have not paid for their tickets and are on junkets.