Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

15 minutes ago, flbkk said:

I filed my 90 day report online (Bangkok CW) a week ago, still "pending." How long should I wait before using agent; its due this week. I used Bumrungrad International Business Centre if online doesn't work; I don't want to attend CW.

Mine took from about noon on 7th until evening of 22nd this month.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, flbkk said:

I filed my 90 day report online (Bangkok CW) a week ago, still "pending." How long should I wait before using agent; its due this week. I used Bumrungrad International Business Centre if online doesn't work; I don't want to attend CW.

There seems to be long delays at CW  i did mine online 15 Aug  it still shows pending, usually within 4 days

Same here.  Mine is due on 28th August, applied online 16th, still pending.  I have an appointment booked to go to CW on 4 September in case it doesn't get approved by then but I think I'll just cancel it given I've seen reports of people getting online applications approved as long as 22 days after submission.  My rationale is I've done my bit by reporting within the time limits and have both the email receipt of the application and system screenshots showing it still pending.  I don't intend to put myself out going to CW just because Immigration don't have enough staff or are on a "d##k about go-slow".

One fly in the ointment of late has been that my last 3-4 submissions have come back rejected only for me to submit EXACTLY the same information again a day later and get approved anything between 2 and 5 days later.  Did make me wonder whether that was the precursor to the current shambles with hitting the reject button being used to reduce the backlog until such stage as they threw the towel and and just said screw it with us being where we are today.  The problem being of course that when they reject it while you are still in the time-frame you have the opportunity to re-submit, if they reject it after the 7 day grace period they could argue you submitted a late report, fine please.  If it comes to that I do plan to argue the toss and as why it was rejected when the information was correct and exactly the same as that being filed in person.  Fat lot of good it will likely do but I'm not in the mood to run around like a headless chicken because of Immigration incompetence.

On 8/22/2023 at 11:00 AM, Enzian said:

My agent says she never has filed a TM30 and never will; is it just that enforcement is random?

Regarding TM30 enforcement, the typical Thai property owners or property agents in general don't end up having to go to do any business with Immigration. And most of the time, Immigration can't be arsed to go out and track them down for failure to comply.

But, you the farang extension holder are easy, low-hanging fruit, because you have to do regular 90 reports and annual extensions that require Immigration's discretionary approval.

So, even if you are just a tenant and not the owner or agent,  you're the one they're likely going to put their thumb down on, in the event of non-compliance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

The online system remains erratic.

My recent online report took 11 hours to approval, the previous one taking 13 days !!

In order to deal with the erratic processing time of the on-line 90-day report system, it is recommended to do it as soon as possible (14 days prior to due date).  That gives the system 20 days to process your report, as you can still do it in person without any repercussions till 6 days after due date (the so-called grace period).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Regarding TM30 enforcement, the typical Thai property owners or property agents in general don't end up having to go to do any business with Immigration. And most of the time, Immigration can't be arsed to go out and track them down for failure to comply.

But, you the farang extension holder are easy, low-hanging fruit, because you have to do regular 90 reports and annual extensions that require Immigration's discretionary approval.

So, even if you are just a tenant and not the owner or agent,  you're the one they're likely going to put their thumb down on, in the event of non-compliance.

This. If TM30 were really that important wouldn't they be out there going through condo and apartment buildings looking for Landlords not filing TM30?

A material number of people are coming in on VE/VoA and staying in AirBNB accommodation with the Landlord likely not filing TM30 in many cases, but they seemingly do nothing about this (Phuket in fairness did recently).. They make a visit to someone who has shown 800k in the bank and a lease though.

I would guess a far greater percentage of crimes are committed by people coming in on VE/VoA than by people on retirement extensions.

What visa were the Erawan Shrine bombers on? What visa were the Iranian bombers on? No TM30 filed by the landlord for the latter.

My condo has people doing ST AirBnB lets - we don't know anything about these people staying here against the law and condo rules. I am far more uncomfortable with these people than someone who has put down a 2 month deposit.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Any guesses why the review process seems to be taking longer at CW?

Increased volume, additional investigative scrutiny ordered from on high, staff shortages?

Figures. It was working so reliably. Now it's back to potentially being a crap-shoot.

On 8/31/2023 at 1:04 PM, bamnutsak said:

Any guesses why the review process seems to be taking longer at CW?

Increased volume, additional investigative scrutiny ordered from on high, staff shortages?

Figures. It was working so reliably. Now it's back to potentially being a crap-shoot.

They were closed for the best part of a week then they came back for a few days then another holiday and the next day the system went down, mine still shows pending i applied on 15 Aug

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lucian said:

All in all, from Counter 4 to getting the new TM47 approval, it took no more than 15 minutes

15 mins in CW but how long did it take you to get there & back home again? 

When I lived in On Nut it was at least 1.5 hours each way so I used to pay an agent (who had offices in my condo) 380b for them to do the report for me, would have cost me 3x that in taxis had I gone to do it in person. 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

My reporting office is CW.

My 90-Day report by date was today, Sep. 7, 2023.

I applied on-line Aug. 24, 2023. My application is still Pending as of now. I have applied on line successfully ~ 10-ish times.

Today I went for my annual extension of stay (income/monthly) - which went quite quickly (appointment) - I then made my 90-day report in person (also an appointment (Counter A4 doc check, given  blue B66 ticket, serviced immediately at B66) - also went quickly, no wait, 2 minutes, done). I mentioned to the IO that I filed on-line, and she started shaking her head, waving her hand, and saying something like "not working, computer error". 

Asides:

Immigration/CW was absolutely heaving, there were 250 people number-queued in the seating area with another 250 standing without queue numbers.  I have never seen it that busy.

My ext stay is numbered 200nn, while last year's was 175nn. (Same date) So +2,500 more this year (so far).

Hello,

Due to covid-19 pandemic, I lost my previous extension of stay in 2021 (I was not in Thailand) and started all the process from scratch at the end of last year when I  cam back : Entry on visa exemption, then Non-O Visa based on retirement, then extension of stay.

I did only one 90 days notification (at Chaengwattana) because I left Thailand before the 2nd one date. I read that the 2nd notification can be done online.

When I come back this year, will the 90 days notification after my arrival be considered as the 2nd one (which can be done online), or will the fact that I left after the 1st one make  this notification as the "new" 1st one (which has to be done at Chaengwattana) ?

Thanks

Edited by daejung

19 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

I applied on-line Aug. 24, 2023. My application is still Pending as of now. I have applied on line successfully ~ 10-ish times.

I received an email last evening, so ~ 6 hours after I had reported in person, saying 

Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected.

So I assume (hope?) that in processing my application they found that I had already reported.

It might be best to wait until the actual report by date for approval, and if it doesn't come make arrangements to file in person within seven days.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 1

Are people still getting approved? Applied 13 days ago on 28th Aug, due today and still pending. 

I'll probably wait it out even if it means waiting past the 7 days grace period. It sounds like everyone is getting approved eventually even if it means waiting 3-4 weeks. Never had a report rejected. Even in the worst case scenario, I've not actually heard of anyone with proof/ receipt of submitting before the deadline getting a 2000 baht fine. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 12:11 PM, bamnutsak said:

Immigration/CW was absolutely heaving, there were 250 people number-queued in the seating area with another 250 standing without queue numbers.  I have never seen it that busy.

Took me four hours including lunch to do 90 day report on a previous occasion when system was down.

The trip to immigration in Khorat is about 15km.
Every 90 days I enjoy doing the trip to Immigration and having a friendly chat with other people.
The 90 days report takes between 5 and 20 minutes and after the report I do a trip to "Do Home" and the "Macro".
Also, other shops are on the way to the trip and I enjoy doing this every 90 days.
Last, I enjoy the friendly smile of the ladies at Immigration.
Thanks a lot, but I will keep doing the trip every 90 days.

Long ago, when I came to Thailand, the only place to do the 90 days report was at Immigration in Bangkok (next to Silom Rd.).
I always enjoyed doing the trip to Bangkok and having a perfect reason to spend 2 days in Silom, Nana or Soi Cowboy.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Long ago, when I came to Thailand, the only place to do the 90 days report was at Immigration in Bangkok (next to Silom Rd.).

Where, when first required, you had to walk up 3 floors or wait for tiny elevator and sit outside in detention hallway for your turn.  Great fun.  

32 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

The trip to immigration in Khorat is about 15km.
Every 90 days I enjoy doing the trip to Immigration and having a friendly chat with other people.
The 90 days report takes between 5 and 20 minutes and after the report I do a trip to "Do Home" and the "Macro".
Also, other shops are on the way to the trip and I enjoy doing this every 90 days.
Last, I enjoy the friendly smile of the ladies at Immigration.
Thanks a lot, but I will keep doing the trip every 90 days.

Doing a 90 day report is a highlight of living in Isaan it seems.

• Haha 2

On 9/1/2023 at 1:15 PM, howerde said:

They were closed for the best part of a week then they came back for a few days then another holiday and the next day the system went down, mine still shows pending i applied on 15 Aug

Did you get approved eventually without having to show up?

52 minutes ago, patent12 said:

Did you get approved eventually without having to show up?

It was not approved it still showed pending on 4 Sep so cancelled it, and went in person on 5 Sep, Took all of 3 minutes to do, shame about the 2 1/2 hour round trip, lets hope for a better performance in Dec (i never bothered asking them why as i would have just been told the first thing that came into their head)

3 minutes ago, howerde said:

It was not approved it still showed pending on 4 Sep so cancelled it, and went in person on 5 Sep, Took all of 3 minutes to do, shame about the 2 1/2 hour round trip, lets hope for a better performance in Dec (i never bothered asking them why as i would have just been told the first thing that came into their head)

Wow, so 22 days and still wasn't approved. Has me reconsidering waiting 3-4 weeks if it's just not/ barely working at all anymore. 

21 minutes ago, hjst45 said:

Really hope they will fix this soon.

Your reporting office is CW? Other?

I think we'll know when they fix it as people here will start saying that their application was approved in the previous era as ~ 3 - 7 calendar days.

There is clearly something broken, at CW at least.

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Your reporting office is CW? Other?

I think we'll know when they fix it as people here will start saying that their application was approved in the previous era as ~ 3 - 7 calendar days.

There is clearly something broken, at CW at least.

Correct, CW.