Two more Omicron cases detected in Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

seriously though if Omicron really is mild and a way out of the pandemic to endemic then surely once they know the death rate they should just open the planet and be done with it. Isolating the mildly infection variant could lead to more serious infection problems later rather than less now

Don't you think we should try and delay it a bit until we know more?

One thing that i can't seem to find any articles about, is what if omicron really is so mild as we hope it is, and it eventually replaced all other variants in the world.

Are we then home safe, or could a new mutation from the omicron become way more dangerous than let's say the delta?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) announced Wednesday that a second and third case of COVID-19 Omicron infection have been detected in Thailand in two unvaccinated Thai women, who returned to the country from Nigeria on November 24th.

Good that they had to go into quarantine upon returning to Thailand.

If they had a "quick pass" for being nationals that could have back-fired.

I just hope the rest of the aircraft passengers were tested appropriately?

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

seriously though if Omicron really is mild and a way out of the pandemic to endemic then surely once they know the death rate they should just open the planet and be done with it. Isolating the mildly infection variant could lead to more serious infection problems later rather than less now

I got vaccinated in March and a booster in September. It looks like sooner or later everyone will be exposed to omicron, so I'm halfway thinking I'd rather be exposed now, while I'm still well-vaxxed, rather than later. Seems like a crazy idea though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

24 November till today are......14 days.... 3x3x3x3x3 are already a lot of people with possible Omicron...

Your not going to stop Omicron, in a month there will be many cases. So far no deaths anywhere, so get yourself vaccinated and put up with the mild side affects if you get it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In the year 2020, all the governments counted the Covid cases in their countries, and in the year 2021 they counted the Delta variant (including the the other variants).
I guess in the year 2022 they are going to count the Omicron variant cases.

Later, there will be variants by continents or variants by countries as well.
Do they realize that many people are getting poorer day after day?
Is our future going to just be counting the virus variants?

3 hours ago, grain said:

Several people in SA posting reporting on Dr Campbell's YT blog, all saying omicron is wildly infectious and spreading like wildfire around them but everybody is getting only mildly ill and fully recovering after 2-3 days.

So in other words, just another annual flu. I've got the BS variant with runny nose, better alert the media, I think this one spread quick.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, raccos21 said:

In the year 2020, all the governments counted the Covid cases in their countries, and in the year 2021 they counted the Delta variant (including the the other variants).
I guess in the year 2022 they are going to count the Omicron variant cases.

Later, there will be variants by continents or variants by countries as well.
Do they realize that many people are getting poorer day after day?
Is our future going to just be counting the virus variants?

The virus doesn't care about poverty. It just looks for hosts.