16 January re-opening, what bars will be open

aussiexpat

3 hours ago, DefaultName said:

Being adults, these are decisions we can make for ourselves.  Official intervention not needed.

You are in Thailand....and will be treated like a child as is everyone. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 1

A cut and paste post has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

On 12/14/2021 at 11:07 AM, aussiexpat said:

If all these bars are open now I might as well come earlier after all. In fact if 5 star bar on the beach and Bodega bar are open on 2nd road that's not much different to my pre-covid routine ????

Passed by 5-Star Bar 2 nights ago and it is CLOSED tight. Also Bodega remains CLOSED same as in my previous pics. Hopf Restaurant is OPEN. Also this video from YouTube last night confirms 5-Star closed. Worth a look and can see 5-Star clearly at about the 4:50 mark. Plenty of places OPEN as shown in this vid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Passed by 5-Star Bar 2 nights ago and it is CLOSED tight. Also Bodega remains CLOSED same as in my previous pics. Hopf Restaurant is OPEN. Also this video from YouTube last night confirms 5-Star closed. Worth a look and can see 5-Star clearly at about the 4:50 mark. Plenty of places OPEN as shown in this vid.

Bodegra soi 13\1 was being opened up earlier today, it's getting ready for business

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Bodegra soi 13\1 was being opened up earlier today, it's getting ready for business

OK cool, but that's actually Wonderful Bar 1 at the top of 13/1 (Yamato). Wonderful 2 at top of 13. Wonderful 2 was open 2 nights ago and Wonderful 1 was still closed.

Bodega is at top of Soi 13/2 (Post Office) and was still closed. 

5 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

OK cool, but that's actually Wonderful Bar 1 at the top of 13/1 (Yamato). Wonderful 2 at top of 13. Wonderful 2 was open 2 nights ago and Wonderful 1 was still closed.

Bodega is at top of Soi 13/2 (Post Office) and was still closed. 

ok, I'll have to check it again, sure i saw a Bodega sign

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Have you cancelled ?

Im fully booked but hadn't applied for Thai Pass yet and now I can't as system doesn't allow me to register (I tried Test & go and Sandbox and it wouldn't let me apply for either)

I will be canceling tomorrow. Flight I can change for free (and hopefully defer insurance). Pretty sure I've lost my hotel, PCR, ATK and Taxi fee though

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Im fully booked but hadn't applied for Thai Pass yet and now I can't as system doesn't allow me to register (I tried Test & go and Sandbox and it wouldn't let me apply for either)

I will be canceling tomorrow. Flight I can change for free (and hopefully defer insurance). Pretty sure I've lost my hotel, PCR, ATK and Taxi fee though

Sorry to hear that and hope you get as much back as possible. Just following it as a news item it got quite confusing with the different schemes they introduced. Quite a few people I know from different European countries are currently booked for January, so who knows.

19 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Screenshot_2021-12-21-17-10-15-907_com.facebook.katana.jpg

7 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Bodega is now OPEN.

PSX_20211222_110511_copy_1600x823.jpg.c2f9a82c382aec09156d42917756973f.jpg

Must be those delicious ham rolls they had making it a restaurant now lol

Great to see, now if only some of us people could come and drink there

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

do they sell large bottles?

Haven't been there in years, but previously they did not sell large bottles. I prefer large bottles and some ice. Not very common in the beer bars. More a street food table thing in my experience. 

9 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Haven't been there in years, but previously they did not sell large bottles. I prefer large bottles and some ice. Not very common in the beer bars. More a street food table thing in my experience. 

And many restaurants will go along with it. Come to think of it, they are all restaurants now so of course, should be serving large Leo over ice. Only bar I recall serving big bottles was Katesiree House.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And many restaurants will go along with it. Come to think of it, they are all restaurants now so of course, should be serving large Leo over ice. Only bar I recall serving big bottles was Katesiree House.

Pomeree guesthouse and that hotel on corner of buakhao\diana both did large beers, Pomeree now open the other one not yet

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

My mind is officially blown. I submitted a Thai Pass application a couple of hours before the midnight deadline Tuesday and woke up this morning with this.

I will now be in Pattaya on 15 Jan after all to do my part in supporting the bars (especially Bodega if they still have their 55 baht beers)

Screenshot_20211223-082126_Outlook.jpg

Alright! Happy for you dude! ????

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 1