39 people die, 362 injured in road accidents on first day of holiday travel

snoop1130

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivXZiU2mH7WP2KNxb3GQjTAfPOKwRB3GJlyr3H9.jpg

39 people died and 362 others were injured in 362 road accidents nationwide on Wednesday, the first of the “Seven Dangerous Days”, as declared by the Thai Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation.

Boontham Lertsukheekasem, the department chief, said today (Thursday) that the major cause of the road accidents was speed, accounting for 34.6%, followed by drunk driving, which accounted for 23.8%.

81.3% of the accidents involved motorcycles. 83.9% of the accidents took place on straight roads, 36.8% on roads under the supervision of the Highways Department and 34.6% on secondary roads in villages. Most of the accidents occurred between 3pm and 6pm.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/39-people-die-362-injured-in-road-accidents-on-first-day-of-holiday-travel/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

39 Killed in New Year Traffic Accidents

tr.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 30 (TNA) – Thirty-nine people were killed and 362 others injured when the government's road safety campaign for the New Year holiday started on Dec 29.

Boontham Lertsukekasem, director-general of the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation, said there were 362 traffic accidents, 34.60% of which resulted from speeding and 23.80% drink-driving. Of all the accidents, 81.30% involved motorcycles.

The government set up 1,875 checkpoints and deployed 5,721 officials. They checked 360,412 vehicles and took legal action against 62,932 people. Of them, 18,142 did not wear a crash helmet and 7,939 did not fasten their seat belt.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-852648

tnalogo.jpg
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Very, very few of the deaths involve foreigners. As long as Thais only kill themselves I really don't care. They don't, so why should I? Their country, their culture, their police force. Up to them.

i slightly disagree.

i am more than happy for those farangs not wearing a helmet to be added to the killed list.

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Less than Monday and the checkpoints are useless if you see the stupid driving on the road. In a checkpoint everybody should be checked for driverslicense and do alcohol test instead of watching if you have the correct tax sticker. This week I was threatened by a driver a few meters after the checkpoint because I did not let him switch to the lane I was in. We stood still be thought apparently my lane was going faster. Passed the checkpoint he drove in front of me and braked and drove slowly to impress me. If he was really in such a hurry he better could drive instead of doing this stupid manoevre because now he lost more time 

a thai man boy.

same moron that thinks it is impressive to have loud exhaust and emit as much black smoke as possible.

morons.

but i just try to ignore them now

• Like 2