What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

4 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Dark Land: The Hunt for Wales' Worst Serial Killer.

RAR.

Peter Moore, the murderer known as the 'man in black', has now served 25 years in prison. Back in 1995, he terrorised communities along the north Wales coastline, killing four men and allegedly attacking many more. By day he was a well-respected shopkeeper and cinema owner in Kinmel Bay, and by night he was a sadistic killer who seemed to target gay men. 

Yes, I saw this, its a BBCW production .. This is either a continuation or a re-run of the one that was about a couple of years back. 

Thanks for reminding me to check it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Louie Anderson who I loved as Christine in BASKETS (tv series) has died. There is an animated series about his early life which I had never heard of called Life with Louie.

Enjoy watching him and other comedians on the lighthearted comedy game show broadcast in the evenings on The CW ''Funny You Should Ask''

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, userabcd said:

Enjoy watching him and other comedians on the lighthearted comedy game show broadcast in the evenings on The CW ''Funny You Should Ask''

Thanks for that.

I will add that in the last few seasons of Baskets it was clear that he wasn't long for the world and I think that added to.the poignancy of his acting.performance.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 9:27 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

Why are "too many" streaming  services  bad? I love tinyzonetv.to and wish there were  more like it..

Sure, if the costs of the services I refered to are worth it in your mind, then go ahead. It's just that there are too many currently, with some definitely not worth the cost. I was not referring to the illegal sites like tinyzone.

• Like 1

Apologies if this got a mention in last year's thread but I've just stumbled upon the remake of P.D. James' Dalgliesh. James is a crime novelist of great repute but some will undoubtedly find the tv adaptations somewhat plodding (no pun intended) compared with more action packed examples of the genre. The two or three part extended episodes do, however, allow a more in depth portrayal of the main characters and I liked the 1980's Roy Marsden so I thought I'd give the reboot a try and have just watched the first episode.

IMDb ratings barely split the two versions at 7.5 and 7.6 respectively and from my first viewing I'd concur with that.

On the subject of reboots I note that a second series of Marc Warren's Van der Valk is on the way, but there's no release date as yet.

9 hours ago, gargamon said:

Maybe because it's the same actor doing both parts? 

I dunno whether to thank you or not, being as I just downloaded 'Justified'. Unfortunately I dislike Timothy Olyphant immensely and view him as being very wooded in his acting. I think I will watch it but we'll have to see how long I last.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I dunno whether to thank you or not, being as I just downloaded 'Justified'. Unfortunately I dislike Timothy Olyphant immensely and view him as being very wooded in his acting. I think I will watch it but we'll have to see how long I last.

up to you.......

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Justified is great.

Walton Goggins is worth the admission price alone.

Anyone who is a fan of Walton Goggins should check out “ Vice Principals “.

A great dark comedy with Goggins and Danny McBride teaming up to oust the Principal of the local High School so one of them can take over. Their methods of achieving this vary vastly and as time goes on they lose control !!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3766376/

Available wherever you can find it !

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Anyone who is a fan of Walton Goggins should check out “ Vice Principals “.

A great dark comedy with Goggins and Danny McBride teaming up to oust the Principal of the local High School so one of them can take over. Their methods of achieving this vary vastly and as time goes on they lose control !!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3766376/

Available wherever you can find it !

He was brilliant in The Shield.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gargamon said:

The deplorables likely won't like it. Prepare yourself for mixed raced couples, gay and lesbians throughout, and all the other "woke" stuff they complain about. ???? 

Thanks for that,did not realize it was a box ticker,wont bother with it,by the wa series 4 of The good karma hospital has just started, anyone who has watched the series will like it .

• Like 1

Munich: Edge of War (2021) IMDb rating 6.9.

A tense historical though fictional drama set against the background of Chamberlain signing a peace agreement with Hitler 1n 1938.

A good yarn, well worthwhile watching!

Munich: The Edge of War (2021) - IMDb

PS :

Has a couple of multicultural castings, so maybe not suitable for those with PC sensitivities.

Because of extensive German dialogue select  a source with subtitles.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1

To all those who like the box ticking series ,do you remember Line of duty? well that was good ,now she is in The Trigger about bomb disposal , believe me ,it aint line of duty ,but all the boxes are ticked ,managed about 20 mins then just gave up ,its not up to much .

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Thanks for that,did not realize it was a box ticker,wont bother with it,by the wa series 4 of The good karma hospital has just started, anyone who has watched the series will like it .

to anyone who enjoys the Good Karma Hospital there is another series about India ,just before the war and the end of British rule its called Indian Summer in all the usual places ,very enjoyable .

what amazes me though ,is if the Indians did not like us ,why did so many of them follow us back to the UK.????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

To all those who like the box ticking series ,do you remember Line of duty? well that was good ,now she is in The Trigger about bomb disposal , believe me ,it aint line of duty ,but all the boxes are ticked ,managed about 20 mins then just gave up ,its not up to much .

What boxes would they be?

• Like 1