What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

If you like some nudity, tales about powerful women and the gigolo trade,  with a murder mystery thrown in there is American Gigolo series. I watched the first 2 episodes from 1337x

Decent actors, but the story is a bit disjointed, too many flashbacks, and a chore to follow it all.   Warning, Rosie O'Donnell playing a detective is painful to watch.

Am hoping to pick up some pointers so I can find myself a sugar mamma on the side. 55555

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Season 5 of Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing has just started.

Follow the two mates as they travel around the UK, fishing, eating, and pondering 'Life' All to a backdrop of some stunning landscapes.

Available from TVChaos and Youtube

Edited by jaiyenyen

I downloaded and watched a movie I'd ever seen before, called "Passchendaele" and what interested me about the write up regarding it was that the film was dedicated to the Canadian soldiers who fought in the First World War, especially at Passchendaele, as I have Canadian relatives.

The first half of the movie is very slow and mainly consists of events back in Canada, however later on in the movie the action begins and it conveys the stupidity and brutality of this particular battle. Not only that, the closing credits show real life movie footage of that particular battle and some details about it.

What particularly made me sad was the stupidity of it all, and the carnage that followed, and at the end to see that the film was dedicated to a particular soldier, who was portrayed in the movie.

IMO it is well worth the time to watch this movie, so see it through the slow portion until the very end, and if that doesn't have an effect on you, well, nothing will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

The Capture ... hang in there, S2 is very good, and the ending is excellent.

I quite enjoyed it's dystopian angle. we're not far off that world. while i think of it, currently enjoying a slow viewing of American Gods, season 1 and I know there are 2 more seasons to go. Gillian Anderson surpasses her rep. (much as she did in The Fall) . 

• Like 1

For Star Wars fans the 'Andor' series from Disney+ is about to start.

It is a prequel series to Star Wars' 'Rogue One'.

"In an era filled with danger, deception and intrigue, Cassian will embark on the path that is destined to turn him into a Rebel hero."

Episode 1 goes to air on September 21.

image.png.64715d31ab98444285d3b4bed76f5284.png

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 11:16 PM, xylophone said:

I downloaded and watched a movie I'd ever seen before, called "Passchendaele". . . . . . . . 

Thanks xylo. Good movie. 

Available on fmovies and youtube. 

Youtube (approx 2hrs. Most of the action starts around 1hr03 mins)

• Thanks 1

11-14 (2003)

On fmovies. 1hr 23m.

"A few incidents that happen at 11:14 p.m. in the town of Middleton are seen from five different perspectives, each of the players who generally works toward self interest, not caring about the consequence to other people, and in the process exacerbating the situations by his or her actions."

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bobandyson said:

11-14 (2003)

On fmovies. 1hr 23m.

"A few incidents that happen at 11:14 p.m. in the town of Middleton are seen from five different perspectives, each of the players who generally works toward self interest, not caring about the consequence to other people, and in the process exacerbating the situations by his or her actions."

Can't find this on fmovies.

36 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Can't find this on fmovies.

I remember that, and quite good.  Have to hang in there till the end, as it all comes together.  Patience ... the pay off is worth it.

It's on 1337x / 2 links from YIFY

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, bobandyson said:

Kill Me Three Times (2015)

"Professional hit-man Charlie Wolfe finds himself in three tales of murder, blackmail and revenge after a botched contract assignment. ..."

On fmovies and youtube.

I watched this a while ago and thought it was pretty good. 

On 9/14/2022 at 11:02 PM, xylophone said:

I downloaded and watched, "NOPE" which seems to have crept surreptitiously into the movies I am able to download, so I was hoping for a nice surprise.

My feedback is: –

– IMO, is it a good movie – NOPE

– Does it have characters which develop and draw you into the movie – NOPE

– Is the storyline good – NOPE, and what on earth the chimpanzee beginning has to do with the movie, I'm not quite sure.

– Were the special effects good? – NOPE. And the spaceship/entity/thingy would have been more at home in an Ed Wood movie.

– Was it original – NOPE as the spaceship/entity/thingy repeated similar scenes which were seen in another war of the worlds movie.

Altogether a NOPE!!

nomen est omen:  "true to its name"

• Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 11:34 PM, Skallywag said:

Warning, Rosie O'Donnell playing a detective is painful to watch.

I've tried to like Rosie over the years, as her NYC accent (when she lets it out) is the type people had in my neighborhood when I was a lad.  But maybe that's what I find unappealing.  But I do think when movies are made about that certain orange US celebrity she should play Steve Bannon.

I did like her in "SMILF" though.

This was quite harrowing.

Escape From Kabul

RAR

Escape From Kabul, an HBO original documentary featuring never-before-seen footage and exclusive interviews from Afghan citizens, U.S. Marines, and the Taliban during the 2021 withdrawal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1