Beer girl posts pictures of "loadsa money"! Now she's graduated without having to rely on parents

webfact

So I got my Chem Eng degree at UCSB after a previous Chem and Medical Techn degree at another college so old enough to go out by then while at UCSB.  I used to go to the local strip place (Spearmint Rhino) in Santa Barbara every once in a while and ran into this looker stripping to topless who said she was putting herself through Mechanical Eng Grad school at UCSB.  Ya, sure, I'm thinking until I actually ran into her at UCSB in the Mechanical Eng building, she recognized me but I did not her (I need to start looking up more often) and laughed.  I realized then who it was and we actually had a beer later (but that's it).  The best part was, there is a nude beach (More Mesa) not far from campus where I ran into her again au naturel and no <deleted> said, "well now I've seen everything!" without thinking and that led to a huge burst of laughter from both of us.  Had I not been seriously dating a Chinese girl that skipped 3 grades, had the nickname "wine vat", number 2 dancer at Cal Poly SLO, graduating a normally 6 yr program in 3.5 yrs, and was just as motivated between the sheets....

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, connda said:

My guess is that the Singha beer girl gives her exposure to men who can then be enticed to financially support a uni 'dek puuying' as a Thai sugar-daddy.  That's a pretty common practice here.
She ain't making that money from tips.
And when not serving beer or at uni, she's more than likely serving something sweeter.

Plenty of Western girls were working in Hostess Bars in Japan years ago making a huge amount in Tips, going out with customers etc. drunken males like to impress when they have had a few.

Japanese High School girls go on paid dating.

U.S. girls often pay for College dancing, waitressing etc, those tips add up.

Edited by Broken Record

4 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Whole drawers stuffed with bundles of 1,000-baht bills. And yet she paid for her bachelor's degree, had her teeth done, didn't skimp on cosmetics/electronics and fashion.

Promoting beer must be very, very lucrative.  

I met an interesting bar owner in the states once. She paid her way through college and onto becoming a lawyer by stripping/dancing. She later bought the very same bar that she worked in but changed it into a more general roadhouse. She even got up on the tables once to give us a bit of a show before happily dropping us off at our condo at the end of the night. 

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why not, what has she done that is remotely wrong?

Nobody actually knows her actual activities so nobody can accurately say whether she has or hasn't done anything wrong. And 'wrong' could be:

- Broken a law. (Fact.)

- Done something which is contrary to societal ethics and morals.  (Opinion based.)

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, scorecard said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why not, what has she done that is remotely wrong?

Nobody actually knows her actual activities so nobody can accurately say whether she has or hasn't done anything wrong.

Exactly, so why should anyone suggest that she may have done anything inappropriate?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The beer girls at my local Thai place are all stunning, and I enjoy chatting with them when they come to refill my glass. 

They haven't been working there for a while though due to COVID. 

Haven't seen any lovely Leo pretties for ages.... another thing I miss sorely. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Exactly, 

A male pays a female for company, other males see her as somehow bad, unless of course they are the one with her, then it's fine.

Rules for society are made up by men, well they were for thousands of years, this is 2022 not 1522, good luck to her, who gives a <deleted> about where the money came from.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, smedly said:

why does she want to change her job seems the obvious question

I know a Singha promo girl - lots of night work (obviously), but also travel to events and an after-work party lifestyle.

She said it was fun for a year, then it gets too much.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The beer girls at my local Thai place are all stunning, and I enjoy chatting with them when they come to refill my glass. 

They haven't been working there for a while though due to COVID. 

Some of them are students and some of the others have full time jobs. Most have boyfriends unfortunately. ????

Most have boyfriends unfortunately. 

well yes, as i'm sure you'd be first on their dating list if they were single ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rwill said:

Probably one of the ones where you have to buy them drinks to sit at your table.

Not normally.  The girls in the white Singha dresses and the green Chang dresses are paid for by the breweries.  If you order a Singha or Chang tower, they bring it to your table to make it a fun experience.

It's a result of the ban on alcohol advertising.  The billboards for Chang Water and Singha lemon soda are another way around the advertising controls.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Have a closer look at how much money is in the photos. No way did she earn that much as a waitress.  And no person in their right mind would have that much cash laying around. I think it is just a self promotion gimmick. 

So ? Are you one of those that are maybe a bit  annoyed  you can not  claim there is a 20 Baht note from your  hand for a  cute  young female to sit and pretend  she  gives a damn about  some drunken drivel ? Or that there is  a 20 Baht note in the collection from you  but at the moment you  mistakenly assumed  20 Baht got you  something special she  left ? Maybe even that yes indeed the money is an accumulation of the naive expectations that "all" females in Thailand are a generic commodity!

• Thanks 1

I applaud anybody who pays their own way in life and doesn't rely on handouts or financial help from others. Good job girl! If only more people here were as independent as she is. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Good for her. But very unwise to flash your money around. After seeing banknotes flaunted, unscrupulous rascals are queueing up to relieve her of it maybe.????

Me love you long time, you pretty girl.  

• Haha 1