Pattaya is a high risk place to visit with all the old self entitled retiree's walking around with no masks on.

davidst01

46 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

QUOTE:How do you tell the difference between expat retirees and tourists?

Call them all expats, there is a 99% chance you are right.

So I guess not all of the foreigners who don’t wear masks are tourists then.  

Edited by Ryan754326

On 1/14/2022 at 9:20 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

It's very difficult to drink while wearing a mask!

Wearing a mask when walking alone on the street? Yes!

When inside a crowded bar or club? No!

This is Thailand.

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling comment removed
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ryan754326 said:

How do you tell the difference between expat retirees and tourists?

Generally the white skinned ones are tourists. Especially the Russians. 

Edited by rott

15 hours ago, Martin Brit said:

Its not like fleas. It won't jump on you. You won't get covid walking around the street mask or no mask. Maybe if you stay average  18 minutes in an unventilated room with many other people maybe but not necessarily. Most of Thailand bars are open and we'll ventilated. Don't cause panick. In England we go to the pub in doors no mask. If you get omnicron it's no big deal. Just isolate as if you had bad flu. Climb out from under your stone and get back to normal. Now sticking your tongue down somebody's throat is a different matter. Wearing a mask out doors. Crazy.

England's brilliant covid strategy…almost 200,000 cases a day, then lockdowns happen and then people wonder why things get shut down 

Edited by dj230

48 minutes ago, dj230 said:

England's brilliant covid strategy…almost 200,000 cases a day, then lockdowns happen and then people wonder why things get shut down 

England hasn’t had a lockdown for a long time. Looking very much like the peak has passed and for the most part we had normal life since July last year.

19 minutes ago, Glassjaw said:

England hasn’t had a lockdown for a long time. Looking very much like the peak has passed and for the most part we had normal life since July last year.

Yes and July is when the last wave in England was….

Edited by dj230

On 1/14/2022 at 9:06 PM, Scott Savage said:

Try wood working or rubbing down plaster with and without a mask and see if the mask makes a difference then. Just because cannot see it doesn’t mean it not helping. 

IMO plaster dust and wood particles will be several magnitudes larger than the corona virus.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 7:13 PM, scubascuba3 said:

i wear a mask to follow the rules but most of us know it's a waste of time and makes little difference especially outside. Vaccines on the other hand were a game changer

Agree. I wear a mask in shops etc because it's easier than the hassle without, and I get a few chuckles when I see people driving alone with a mask on. As for the people wearing one when outside with no one close ............................

If it wasn't all so annoying it'd be humorous, IMO.

Meanwhile, older kids are not wearing any.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I get a few chuckles when I see people driving alone with a mask on. As for the people wearing one when outside with no one close ............................

If it wasn't all so annoying it'd be humorous, IMO.

It's actually a law as part of the emergency decree to wear one in those conditions, I'm sure many aren't doing it because they love having one on. I don't think you'd be chuckling and find it so humorous if you were stopped and fined for not wearing one by an opportunistic cop one day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ohyesuare said:

It's actually a law as part of the emergency decree to wear one in those conditions, I'm sure many aren't doing it because they love having one on. I don't think you'd be chuckling and find it so humorous if you were stopped and fined for not wearing one by an opportunistic cop one day.

Well, I'm lucky to be in a country where it's not compulsory to wear one when alone in a car. What the <deleted> are they thinking?

So far only compulsory to wear one inside shops/ restaurants etc and on public transport.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Well, I'm lucky to be in a country where it's not compulsory to wear one when alone in a car. What the <deleted> are they thinking?

So far only compulsory to wear one inside shops/ restaurants etc and on public transport.

As it should be. And I agree that it's ridiculous to require one when outside alone in non-crowded situations or when driving alone in your car.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wear a mask in shops etc because it's easier than the hassle without, and I get a few chuckles when I see people driving alone with a mask on.

I used to get a chuckle also but I now catch myself wearing one in the car now & again, not out of concern about catching the virus or following the rules, I just forget to take it off/down, maybe others are the same.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/13/2022 at 1:25 PM, ezzra said:

Those chavs, and there are many of them running around, thinks that just because they're in Pattaya they can do whatever they like, hopefully these berks will fall ill and it will cost them a bundle to get better, IF they get better...

The police should arrest them and give them a kicking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ryan754326 said:

Thais ride around drunk with 3 adults on a scooter, no helmets on any of them, but they’re the smart ones because all of them have their masks on like they’re supposed to. 

I pointed this out to a friend of mine, and she laughed, and said she’d been riding motorbikes since she was a young girl. No problem, but covid very scary. 

Exactly. Cant educate stuoid 

19 hours ago, Glassjaw said:

Yes, everyone shaking hands at The Masters, and slobbering over one another like big girls in the Premiership. Mask wearing random.... crowds packed in.... omicron had better not have a sting in its tail!

20 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

"The law is an ass"

Mark Twain

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So police brutality is OK with you?

I'm happy you ain't in charge.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So police brutality is OK with you?

I'm happy you ain't in charge.

Why would it bother you tbl, I thought you weren't here.? 

But if it helps you sleep better it was a just a combination of irony and wishful thinking.