Why do Thai's drink water that tastes like plastic?

Don Chance

There are significant quality differences among the various water bottle brands. There are some brands I could not drink and had to dispose of. We installed a 1 + 3 step filtering system at home and I have not found better bottled water yet.

• Like 1

Really!? Probably depends on what water you chose. However, Why do you have a green toothbrush, while I have a blue?

5 minutes ago, Pravda said:

The worst tasting bottled water is Chang. The second worst is Purra. That plastic bottle didn't taste that bad as I remember it.

Thanks for the professional input. ???? 

10 minutes ago, Pravda said:

The worst tasting bottled water is Chang. The second worst is Purra. That plastic bottle didn't taste that bad as I remember it.

Had a bottle of purra the other day and thought it tasted better than most of the bottled waters.

My pref is Singha bottled water, the 711 water is also ok.

• Like 1

I actually drank tap water before (when I ran out and was hungover and too lazy to go to 7/11). It actually tasted perfectly fine. I even tested it with a <deleted> water meter and it was within acceptable drinking levels. Next time, I will test a water filter. Keep in mind I was in a new condo in the middle of Pattaya and not some rural village.

21 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Used to love the :taste" from these kind of bottles. Don't seem to encounter them anymore.

waterbottle.jpg

20 years ago I used to drink this water (cheap as chips).

Anyway the gf then (now wife) told me not to drink this water, she said it was no good. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 2long said:

A lot of them are conned into buying those stupid Amway filters. That stuff tastes like a granny's minge!

First I thought he probably read that on the internet. Second thought was, hope it's not his own granny he's talking about; Third thought if it is, then hope his grand pappy told him that.

• Like 2

Why do Thai's drink water that tastes like plastic?

Water has been in planet millions of years but when they put it in bottle its ruined! Reason they add expiration date on it.

Edited by 2 is 1

The white plastic is not food grade. Even in Nepal they have PET refillable bottles.  I have even found worms swimming in the plastic jugs on the table that was filled with the big white 20l jugs.

If you smell the white plastic jug you will smell plastic. It is no brained not use these.

• Like 1

Back on topic - I've only had a plasticky (is that a word) taste when a bottle has been left in the sun (usually in the car), it gets put in the screenwash.

We have an RO filter from the city supply which we use for drinking.

• Like 1