Bum gun - one that does not leak??

Petey303

On 2/17/2022 at 4:49 PM, Petey303 said:

I received the super fancy bum gun that can take 10 psi... just received, will install and let you know the results. Continued wet floor? Or success?

I am happy to report - bone dry floor! 

I did use plumber's tape at the connection to the water supply (metal on metal) - yes, I know the washer is in there and I still did it ????

This is a high quality bum gun and is working well.

• 3 months later...
On 2/12/2022 at 2:32 PM, transam said:

The problem with bum guns is that if the hose fails, which they do, there is nowhere for the water to go unless you have had it built into the toilet/shower room floor.

Yeah, I am having problems with hoses losing their integrity, they seem to rust out pretty quickly.

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Yeah, I am having problems with hoses losing their integrity, they seem to rust out pretty quickly.

Which is why a bidet is better if you have one.  Good for washing your feet in also ????

Edited by Excel
  • Haha 1

On 6/9/2022 at 1:36 PM, Danderman123 said:

Not sure what you are using as have not had any rust issues with normal SS hose (which is actually plastic inside) or even the cheap plastic hose.  Perhaps your house pipe is gal steel and rust from that clogs the spray head?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/zigma-home-shower-hose-stainless-shower-hose-spraying-line-stainless-steel-spray-i777504487-s12156345721.html?search=1&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.i40.6b6f14991fVtav

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Not sure what you are using as have not had any rust issues with normal SS hose (which is actually plastic inside) or even the cheap plastic hose.  Perhaps your house pipe is gal steel and rust from that clogs the spray head?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/zigma-home-shower-hose-stainless-shower-hose-spraying-line-stainless-steel-spray-i777504487-s12156345721.html?search=1&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.i40.6b6f14991fVtav

I dunno, the hoses get discolored after a few months, and then lose integrity.

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

I dunno, the hoses get discolored after a few months, and then lose integrity.

That sounds more like a cheap hose (have not seen in years but probably still available) of very thin steel (feels like tin can) over plastic that gets dark and easy to pull apart.  Better quality hose does last much better but probably a bit more expensive.

• Like 1