Can we ever rely on high season weather again?

webfact

Nothing new. 

El Niño impacts weather systems around the globe, triggering predictable disruptions in temperature, rainfall and winds. La Niña is the opposite – a cooling phase of ENSO that tends to have global climate impacts opposite to those of El Niño. 

I'm not complaining, I like it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“In Pattaya, for the past week, we have woken up to find dark clouds and no sunshine. “

Are you really worried about less sunshine in Thailand? Really? If not these (quite rare) cloudy days - the place would be impossible to live in.

Edited by Sunnny
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sunnny said:

“In Pattaya, for the past week, we have woken up to find dark clouds and no sunshine. “

Are you really worried about less sunshine in Thailand? Really? If not these (quite rare) cloudy days - the place would be impossible to live in.

Ironic that your name is Sunnny. 

I'd prefer it if there was sunshine all the time, makes it nicer to be outside, warms the water in the pool so it's not too cold to swim, nice to lay in the sun and get a nice tan.  

Up here in Northern Thailand the weather has been very nice.
By now the air is usually horrid.  But we've been blessed with sunny days with puffy white clouds and relatively good air quality compared to the last decade.  It's pleasant.  Then occasional rain to clean the air. 

Personally, I don't ever want to see "Old Normal" High Season weather again.  Let's just leave it like this!  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Odd season heavy rain is part of weather, not a climate change. There was also a case in 2011 in Southern part of Thailand, which was said to equalize, or just beat, a 100 year old record, so there were also heavy rain 100 years earlier...:whistling:

• Like 2

I see only an advantage to less air pollution, lower temperatures, greenery (including faster and cheaper food production).

I don't think any tourists do complain, as there are non in the country now (that excluding phuket sandboxers).

If thailand is heading for moderate temperatures and precipitation all throughout the year, it would make country more welcoming to tourists through all seasons, not only an overcrowded high season

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Odd season heavy rain is part of weather, not a climate change. There was also a case in 2011 in Southern part of Thailand, which was said to equalize, or just beat, a 100 year old record, so there were also heavy rain 100 years earlier...:whistling:

Too soon to know one way or the other.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, timendres said:

What is the point of this vapid article?

Weather patterns are just that - patterns.

Guess what? They change from time to time.

No, no, we're all doomed to a future of wellies, plastic macs and brollies. The good news is it will be the same for the Russians, Chinese and Indians. We won't be suffering alone. 

2 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Ironic that your name is Sunnny. 

I'd prefer it if there was sunshine all the time, makes it nicer to be outside, warms the water in the pool so it's not too cold to swim, nice to lay in the sun and get a nice tan.  

Do you live in Thailand permanently?

• Like 1

Today,in NakonNowhere, and  predicted to be the same  for the  next two days, its cold, with a bleak cold wind as well. Ive   got   long pants on, a pullover, and  slippers on, and Im inside the house.Grey skies, but no rain.

6 hours ago, Kiwithl said:

Vapid article. I like that.

Many vapid articles on Asean Now lately.

I guess if you're scared of defamation laws, then all that's left is vapidity. (Is that a real word .... it should be).

Where are the investigative reporters with guts?

• Like 1

Reality - in the 12 years i have lived in Thailand, this is at least the 3rd time we have had a prolonged cold spell in February. No other month in my experience has prolonged cold periods, only 2-3 days at most. In fact, the lowest temperature record for Isaan was set during the last few years in February; if i remember that time the cloudy weather lasted 2 weeks.

What has been changing is the rainfall pattern and the end of most of the cool nights in the dry season. Watching Thais warm themselves in the morning by a roadside fire just doesn't seem to happen anymore. The tropics have seen little impact from global warming, mainly impacts the temperate and polar regions.