has your life been what you wanted

ivor bigun

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

Is his stuff fake or real?

Like what? Hanging on to the skid before exit with a parachute? 

Quite normal to climb outside planes and helicopters with a parachute on. Done 3000 skydives +- and around 500 base jumps where I have been climbing buildings, spans, antennas, cranes  and mountains before we exit. 

And yes Bear Grylls is the real deal like it or not. He have an tendency to hype up things for making tv for average joe, but he know what he is doing most of the time. Drinking your own urine is still not to recomend

• Like 1

Lots of things on my bucket list, so that means not yet.

Hope I'm not in the last stage of it but would accept that.

At 20, my friends said I'd be dead by 30. I said I'd be happy with 50, which has been surpassed. Many old friends are dead.

Since getting sober, done many things that make me smile, including starting 'Thai AA', becoming a Thai citizen, having a loving family and many friends, etc.

32 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Like what? Hanging on to the skid before exit with a parachute? 

Quite normal to climb outside planes and helicopters with a parachute on. Done 3000 skydives +- and around 500 base jumps where I have been climbing buildings, spans, antennas, cranes  and mountains before we exit. 

And yes Bear Grylls is the real deal like it or not. He have an tendency to hype up things for making tv for average joe, but he know what he is doing most of the time. Drinking your own urine is still not to recomend

I tried it

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

I tried it

Fresh urine is not dangerous, and is a fetish ???? old urine after days of little water to flush your kidneys, is not to recommend even philtered through your well used sock or snake skin!

But good luck

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Hummin said:

Drinking your own urine is still not to recomend

Unless diseased, fresh urine is sterile and IMO will not harm you to drink. I wouldn't drink stale urine though.

The problem is that it tastes revolting, so the addition of cordial is recommended.

• Haha 1

On 3/15/2022 at 3:08 PM, Old Croc said:

I met a Brit in Phuket who climbed Everest.

Funny, I couldn't find his name on the comprehensive lists of those who have achieved it.

(I can confirm Bear Grills was there)

Is climbing Everest even a big deal now that so many have done it?

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Unless diseased, fresh urine is sterile and IMO will not harm you to drink. I wouldn't drink stale urine though.

The problem is that it tastes revolting, so the addition of cordial is recommended.

I thought that was old myths today, so had to do a google search. 

»Urine is not sterile, even before it comes out of you and gets contaminated by your skin. Bacteria are present at low levels in the urine of healthy people not suffering from a urinary tract infection, Evann Hilt of Loyola University of Chicago reported May 18 at a conference of the American Society for Microbiology»

https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/gory-details/urine-not-sterile-and-neither-rest-you

18 hours ago, Hummin said:

I thought that was old myths today, so had to do a google search. 

»Urine is not sterile, even before it comes out of you and gets contaminated by your skin. Bacteria are present at low levels in the urine of healthy people not suffering from a urinary tract infection, Evann Hilt of Loyola University of Chicago reported May 18 at a conference of the American Society for Microbiology»

https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/gory-details/urine-not-sterile-and-neither-rest-you

I stand corrected, but the fact remains that we can drink fresh urine without harming ourselves. Some do so and there are books about it.

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I stand corrected, but the fact remains that we can drink fresh urine without harming ourselves. Some do so and there are books about it.

Just because I 'can' .... no thanks to a lot things.

Drinking urine ... nah, got to be in top 5 'not' to do list.

Edited by KhunLA

Well i consider myself blessed dont know if its what i wanted or not but its been a fxxn wild ride. When i return this car to the shop i dont want it in concourse condition. I want the bitch flogged banged up and like she been somewhere. 

But more importantly in a real sense my favourite group The Streets couldnt have put it any better than in these lyrics from "On the edge of a cliff"

For billions of years since the outset of time
Every single one of your ancestors survived
Every single person on your mum and dad's side
Successfully looked after and passed onto you life
What are the chances of that, like?
It comes to me once in a while
And everywhere I tell folk, it gets the best smile