I really get scared....

Pravda

3 minutes ago, shdmn said:

????‍♂️

Where exactly do you get your info from?  William Hurt was 71 and had terminal prostate cancer that had spread to his bones.

Rly?

Still....RIP William Hurt. A great actor that will be missed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think we've entered the age of mortality at 60. That's scary enough, but if you haven't done all the stuff you wanted to do by then, they you had better have a good excuse.

I always thought that 66 was the age-at-which-you-couldn't-argue - as I took to be age that Hemingway had had enough. Then I discovered that Hem died aged 61. ????

54 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

The dead don't know that they are dead, so its all irrelevant really.  It comes to us all and when it comes, one hopes it will be quick and painless, after that, its just nothing at all, so absolutely nothing to be scared of.  

Easy, start a BBQ in a bathroom and its peaceful.

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:

Oh, so are you going to start quoting religious rubbish to me now, from the world of the made up?  I don't believe in mystical beings, reincarnation, goblins and elves, ghosts, poltergeist, smoking bushes or any of the other myriad of made up stuff.  If you do believe in this nonsense and it gives you some kind of comfort, then good on you. I will stick to what is real and known. 

I have no idea. How can u be sure? Seems to be rather narrow minded

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Cant remember his films

Over a 100 films. I remember a few, Michael, The Doctor, Broadcast News, The Big Chill, Body Heat, Changing Lanes, Children of a Lesser God, A.I., Vantage Point to name a few.

Edited by fredwiggy
Corrected capital

2 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Oh, so are you going to start quoting religious rubbish to me now, from the world of the made up?  I don't believe in mystical beings, reincarnation, goblins and elves, ghosts, poltergeist, smoking bushes or any of the other myriad of made up stuff.  If you do believe in this nonsense and it gives you some kind of comfort, then good on you. I will stick to what is real and known. 

How do you distinguish that which is known but not real?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2022 at 4:18 AM, shdmn said:

????‍♂️

Where exactly do you get your info from?  William Hurt was 71 and had terminal prostate cancer that had spread to his bones.

Cancer is a natural cause.

If it had been a drug overdose or shooting that would be an un natural cause.

70 is the new middle age.

14 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

The dead don't know that they are dead, so its all irrelevant really.  It comes to us all and when it comes, one hopes it will be quick and painless, after that, its just nothing at all, so absolutely nothing to be scared of.  

and you know that because..................................................

• Haha 1

On 3/15/2022 at 4:58 AM, Mr Derek said:

I think we've entered the age of mortality at 60. That's scary enough, but if you haven't done all the stuff you wanted to do by then, they you had better have a good excuse.

I always thought that 66 was the age-at-which-you-couldn't-argue - as I took to be age that Hemingway had had enough. Then I discovered that Hem died aged 61. ????

Hmmmmm. I've always taken from birth to be the age of mortality.

On 3/14/2022 at 11:26 PM, ChrisP24 said:

Yah by age 60 one is likely to be attending more funerals and fewer weddings, but I don't agree that one's list of things they want to do ought to be all accomplished by then. 

Agreed .........

I was 63 before I'd done everything on my list.

• Haha 1