Pattaya: Russians staying in holiday condos and eating economically - restaurants at resort suffering

webfact

3 minutes ago, jippytum said:

Zero sympathy from me. The people in Ukraine are fleeing for their lives with zero possesions and Russians complain about being stranded in their condos in Thailand. 

Give me a break. 

Agreed they are not equivalent but being a foreigner in Thailand with no access to money could get real serious sooner or later.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, well so are Ukrainians trapped in Mariupol, courtesy of the Russians.

Actually, according to other sources - we do not want to hear from - the ones who are trapped in Mariupol are the Russian Ukrainians, who have represented the majority of the Mariupol residents... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The Russians who used to visit Cosy beach used to buy all their food and drink from 7/11s. They all appeared poor, badly dressed families possibly  staying in condos for free or cheap.

"...poor, badly dressed families possibly"

Sounds much like the average falang!????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Will B Good said:

When my relatively wealthy, safe and healthy kids whinge I used to say......well, you could be living in Aleppo.

Now I say say........ well, you could be living in Mariupol.

ßloody Putin.....AGAIN.

Putin = POO TIN

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Limited flights, most Russian aircraft are leased from the West and are now only flying domestic routes within Russia, to avoid being seized. The flights with non-Russian airlines still open are hardly likely to accept Russian rubles in payment.

They can take a flight to Turkey and enter one of Abramovich's yachts

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Will B Good said:

When my relatively wealthy, safe and healthy kids whinge I used to say......well, you could be living in Aleppo.

Now I say say........ well, you could be living in Mariupol.

ßloody Putin.....AGAIN.

And youself could live in UK instead of whining and crying about your pension 

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Excel said:

Waiting for the Russian apologists on here to claim that this is a fake photo.

Unfortunately, Putin has been spouting lies on Russian TV totally in contrast to the reality that this picture shows. And the oldies watching believe it's the Ukrainian Hitlers that caused the war and must be exterminated by the great Russian saviours. 

The good news from Ukrainian intelligence  - if to be believed with more than a pinch of salt - is that some of the Russian Oligarches are seeking to replace Putin before he threatens to instigate WW3.

Watch this space...  

Some ugly comments from equally ugly people.  The Russians I know are very like much me, peaceful, compassionate and honest.; universally hating Putin and his corrupt regime.  There is a difference between the sheep (gullible people)  and the wolf (Putin).  One responds to kindness and the other with a stout club.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Exactly what the vast majority of the Chinese tourists did, when they were #1 in volume. Everyone I spoke to in the industry said they did not spend much money. Only the fruit shake vendors, the buffets, 7/11, Lotus, and duty free seemed to make any money from them. And they want them back?

You know what counts in Thailand... quantity not quality [regardless of what they spout]

they want the 40 million back destroying everything and buying cheap trinkets.

• Like 1