What is a high quality man/woman?

BritManToo

Do you consider yourself a high quality man?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was being rather diplomatic and sympathetic and agreeable .

In this instance , a "high quality woman" was a woman that doesn't have sex with everyman that she meets on the first meeting .

Maybe "high quality " was being too diplomatic , what I did actually mean was higher than the bottom rung .

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Sure I got the degrees, earned loads of money, live comfortably, but I'm a beer swilling, fat, bald old guy that never wears anything but a knock off Football shirt (Liverpool), shorts and flip flops. Don't care about museums, poetry, art, theatre and can't endure jazz.

This helps to illustrate my point above.  I won't give my opinion, but there are three "metrics" here that different people would probably make different judgements about your level of "quality", financial success, physical appearance and, I guess, cultural habits (not exactly sure what to classify that as).

What about morals?  Are you trustworthy?  Would you help someone without being asked to do so?  Do you have empathy for those worse off than you?  Would you cheat on your wife or have sex with another mans wife, or try to?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

But most of the posters on this forum are IMHO 'bottom rung'.

So why do we expect more from a woman?

Most of the people do not expect any more from a woman .

The only thing that is required of them is that they can have sex and are willing to do so frequently . 

That's the only thing that they need to be able to do to make her marriage material 

• Sad 1

High quality is those who do their best, question themselves how to become better and also respect others. 

what more can we do, than work with what we got, and improve. 

Be a good human

• Like 2

Everyone has their own definition... 

There is one regular poster here "L" who said that his GF thinks the sun shines out of his butt - - so, I guess he thinks she is high class/high morals - in other words, he likes the lies that she tells. And he seems to believe it. The sad part is that she thinks he is so insecure as to need such propping up... 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

High quality is those who do their best, question themselves how to become better and also respect others. 

what more can we do, than work with what we got, and improve. 

Be a good human

Being honest and trustworthy and truthful . 

Being trusted not to try and have sex with your Wife  or to interfere with your Daughter , the type of man whom you don't need to keep watching all the time 

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Being honest and trustworthy and truthful.

Being trusted not to try and have sex with your Wife  or to interfere with your Daughter , the type of man whom you don't need to keep watching all the time 

Based on what is reported on this forum, I sometimes wonder if we're in the wrong country to hope to expect this.

Edited by BangkokReady

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

Based on what is reported on this forum, I wonder if we're in the wrong country to expect this.

I dont think that your morality changes when you move to another Country.

If you are a cheater or a molester in your home Country  , you will be the same in another Country .

If you wouldn't do those things in your home Country , then you wouldn't do it abroad either 

41 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Morals are merely reflections of your religion ........ there are very few absolutes.

This whole topic is highly subjective, so what is morally right to one person is not to another.  We could say that morals are linked to religion, or we might suppose that religion is informed by morals, or that each evolved and shaped each other over time.  (It's fairly clear that a lot of religion is about trying to make people live a good life and treat each other with some level of respect and kindness.)  We could also suggest that as people moved from living in tribes and solving their problems by smashing each others heads in, it was only natural that some sort of laws or rules of how we should treat each other to get along and survive and prosper as a community.  (And, of course, religion, laws and morals are fairly intertwined, with religion and law only relatively recently being separated in the West.)

There is of course the "golden rule", do unto others as you would have done unto you.  I think most people, even the immoral ones, know there are ways that they would like themselves to be treated and it seems that even without religion, there's a chance that people would come to the conclusion "if I don't want X to happen to me then perhaps I shouldn't do X to anyone else".  I suppose the problem here is that "immoral people" would simply ensure that no one found out about them doing X, hence religion has the element of "God is watching you all the time".

Edited by BangkokReady

Oh ! dear , I will be worrying about this all week ,now, what kind

of person am I , low or high quality ,how do I find out , whom

do I ask ? ,  .............. either way ,I dont give a F#ck .....????

High quality (in my mind)  Worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I dont think that your morality changes when you move to another Country.

If you are a cheater or a molester in your home Country  , you will be the same in another Country .

If you wouldn't do those things in your home Country , then you wouldn't do it abroad either 

I think, at least in the case of cheaters, access and consequences could put them off back home.  Coming to Thailand, they probably find that access to women is a lot easier, along with the ability to keep it quite.  Depending on their relationship there may also be lesser consequences and their partner may even be OK with it.  The attitude to cheating seems to be that it is tolerated a lot more here.

And, of course, the above could specifically attract cheaters/philanderers to Thailand.  ????

Edited by BangkokReady

To me,  quality comes from within, for either men or women. It has nothing to do with breeding, schooling, wealth, employment, the way they dress or even their  achievements in life.  

Some of the people I regard as very low quality are leaders of  countries, have royal titles, great wealth, lead religions or can drive racecars very fast. I consider any of the above to be more prone to despicable or illegal behavior to advance themselves, than the average person in the street.

Quality flows from respect and honesty for themselves and others they come in contact with. I've met very few people in that category, but cherish those that I have.

(I don't consider myself to be in that category)

• Like 2