Thai Police warn of unacceptable pranks and jokes on April Fool’s Day

snoop1130

It is worth noting that the Pattaya News article was published at 17:45 today - nearly 6 hours after what I have always believed to be the noon deadline for April Fool jokes. Bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, I think! Or maybe the noon deadline for April Fool jokes doesn't apply in LOS??

• Like 2

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Royal Thai Police warned the public about posting and sharing unacceptable jokes and pranks that could be fake news on April Fool’s Day, April 1st.

Yep, like they missed it all. That´s the whole point with April Fools Day.

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

It is worth noting that the Pattaya News article was published at 17:45 today - nearly 6 hours after what I have always believed to be the noon deadline for April Fool jokes. Bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, I think! Or maybe the noon deadline for April Fool jokes doesn't apply in LOS??

It's never too late to prosecute opposition candidates.  Not unusual to see them go after them for stuff they did 15 years ago.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Royal Thai Police warned the public about posting and sharing unacceptable jokes and pranks that could be fake news on April Fool’s Day, April 1st.

Bringing happiness to the people.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Royal Thai Police warned the public about posting and sharing unacceptable jokes and pranks

The irony is that for the RTP itself it seems to be April Fool's Day all year long judging from the (bad) jokes and (disgusting) pranks we see from them all too frequently. Like this one, for example:

Thai Police warn of unacceptable pranks and jokes on April Fool’s Day

So does that mean No putting plastic bags on heads of people? no kidnapping? No extorting 200 baht from scooter riders etc etc?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OJAS said:

Certainly not

TOT enjoys it year round

I fully agree with the original report!  I read early on April 1st how the government cared for the people of Thailand and the health and prosperity of the nation was their #1 priority.  Clearly, this was an April 1st joke in very poor taste...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mania said:

So does that mean No putting plastic bags on heads of people? no kidnapping? No extorting 200 baht from scooter riders etc etc?

I think you'd better brush up on your definition of the word prank.

3 hours ago, mania said:

No, that's all okay.... because those "pranks" are not confined to one particular date in the year, April 1, but are pulled off EVERY DAY.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OJAS said:

I think the deadline is midnight 31 March next year.

To be fair I think it might be more of an issue in countries where official statements tend to be more ridiculous than April Fool jokes. Thailand might have a problem there.