Out of control foreign "tourist" smashes up Bangkok Bank branch in north - causes nearly 500K damage

webfact

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I am not a supporter of mayhem and insane behavior, generally. But, I have no sympathy for banks, insurance companies and a lot of large corporations. None. Many are not responsible citizens. And there are likely a lot of others who do not like them either. Apparently. Glad it wasn't me! 

A bit harsh, if not just a populist over generalisation and there's no excuse for this behaviour, other than possible mental illness.

I find these corporations can be very frustrating, mostly in wasting my time or simply inane process requirements. But people working in these places are just doing their job and don't deserve the abuse that gets meted out to them.

Much of the frustration is a sign of the times as regards process often legally required, e.g. privacy regulations, and shareholders coming before customers. And there are companies out there trying to be more customer focused and socially responsible.

Edited by Donga

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I am not a supporter of mayhem and insane behavior, generally. But, I have no sympathy for banks, insurance companies and alot of large corporations. None. Many are not responsible citizens. And there are likely alot of others who do not like them either. Apparently. Glad it wasn't me! 

A call for a revolutionary spirit or general collective strike is in order. 

As in: living one's protest or being the change one would like to see in the world. 

Nah.....

8 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

OMG another bad falang in the LOS, further ruining our reputation and destroying all hopes of Thais embracing us into their family.   I'm not going to say, "Thanks Canada" because there are crazy people in every country.   

This is not a good solution:  bricks at a brick-n-mortar store.   I would create my own bank, make 100 billion, and show them!!!!  but falang use rock...throw rock....mad mad mad mad falang.

Pai......the one place nobody can say correctly.

The irony of accusing someone else of being ‘mad mad mad mad falang’ is not lost..... :whistling:

1 hour ago, Donga said:

A bit harsh, if not just a populist over generalisation and there's no excuse for this behaviour, other than possible mental illness.

I find these corporations can be very frustrating, mostly in wasting my time or simply inane process requirements. But people working in these places are just doing their job and don't deserve the abuse that gets meted out to them.

Much of the frustration is a sign of the times as regards process often legally required, e.g. privacy regulations, and shareholders coming before customers. And there are companies out there trying to be more customer focused and socially responsible.

Yes, it can be frustrating dealing with banks sometimes , with the cashier not speaking good English and sometimes you have to wait because other people are depositing money . 

You can understand felangs getting frustrated using banks .

Although if it was a Thai guy who smashed up an ATM machine , it would be  because he was on drugs , lacks education and has got a small penis and cannot control himself .

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Maybe he wanted his money but the bank gave it to another...or he was just upset with the Bank for other reasons...

You are at least in the right direction . Definitely upset

42 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, it can be frustrating dealing with banks sometimes , with the cashier not speaking good English and sometimes you have to wait because other people are depositing money . 

You can understand felangs getting frustrated using banks .

Although if it was a Thai guy who smashed up an ATM machine , it would be  because he was on drugs , lacks education and has got a small penis and cannot control himself .

Ok, it is the size of his penis that has caused the mayhem.

Good you are around 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Would the bank have refused him a cash advanced on a ATM card because he was on overstay ?

That would take too much cooperation between banks and immigration.

My answer to your question is no

3 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

I perfectly understand the man....I have been close to that on severaL occasions.  Bangkok Bank have some crazy ideas/rules and some even crazier staff making them up.  One of them is do you know if your ATM card expires or is faulty you must travel yourself in person the accounts home branch to get it replaced?  Any other bank can replace no matter where you are.  So imagine you have an a/c at BB in Silom and you go on holidays to Chiang Rai and lose your card, or it expires, you are up sh#t creek because you need to get back to Bangkok to do anything about it.

happen to me

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Each time I read an article such as this, I ask myself how often the British police have to deal with crazed Thai visitors in the UK, smashing up banks, fighting in the bars, murdering or throwing folks off of balconies or simply jumping off a tall building themselves or going berserk on drugs. Each time I come up with the same answer - NEVER. Honestly, I feel for the RTP having to deal the daily event of trouble caused by visitors to this country.

If you create and endorse a Disneyland to attract 30 million annually, then you should expect to entertain a few unruly children.

• Like 1