Public Urged to Get Booster Shots Against Covid-19

webfact

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

Public Health officials recommend people get booster doses every four months to maintain immunity against Covid-19.

These will not give you immunity against Covid , at best limit the affect the virus has on people .

I had my first booster shot in May after having to wait 6 months to get it .

Edited by keith101
  • Thanks 2

any Pfizer booster shot possible in Pattaya ? I had 2 vaccinations by Bkk Pattaya hospital staff  on Central Festival ...., and as i need flying in 1 September to home country i would like to anticipate on a eventual "autumn corona wave by surprise " and allowed  ready for flying ????

• Like 1

I guess you can get them every four months if you want.  
A month ago I contacted the state health department in America where I moved from.  I told them I had two Sinovac, one Pfizer booster,  then a Moderna booster six months ago.  The health department told me that as of this time there are no recommendations for an additional booster. 
But different medical professionals of course have different opinions. 

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So what?

So what?  He is the face of the Covid response in the US.  He has had two booster shots.  He has been the God of masking.  He has not tested positive.  Sounds like a mixed message?  This is what?  Do you have anything to add?

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Vaccines don't necessarily prevent infection but they are usually helpful in preventing hospitalization and death.

I find the demonization including death threats of public servant Dr. Fauci truly perverted.

Ditto.  No one should be demonized or threatened.  But it appears Fauci was the face of the "Shut it down" strategy.  

19 minutes ago, garygooner said:

If people still want boosters wouldn't it be better now to wait for the Omicron specific vaccines when they are available. 

they've been a long time coming haven't they? I'm starting to think that it's all just one gigantic con to enrich Big Pharma ????

but seriously, I'm done with stoopidy needles. had two AZ then a Moderna nine months later, that's it I'm done!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, connda said:

And most people I know including high profile elites like Fauci take all the shots and still come down with Covid anyway. 

Fauci had 2 shots and 2 boosters and had mild symptoms and continue to work from home. At his age, he could have suffered worst if not for the vaccines. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, connda said:

One shot every three months?  What's the problem with that!

No problem except it doesnt stop you getting it and it doesnt stop you passing it on.

By all means you can get a jab every week if you want that is your choice but I dont want it and that is my choice

• Like 2

On 6/16/2022 at 12:38 PM, keith101 said:

These will not give you immunity against Covid , at best limit the affect the virus has on people .

I had my first booster shot in May after having to wait 6 months to get it .

Previous infection with omicron is not even givving much immunity against omicron. So what effect will the original vaccine have?

I am fully vaccinated and boostered in Thailand, but currently in UK

i did transfer my records to NHS app  i was told by nurse that unless you are old or have  special cases or needs boosters were not being administer here.

So i suppose if Thailand wanted or required fully up date tourist or in my case returning expats it may not be possible to comply