Six taxi drivers arrested who were involved in a street fight in Patong, says it was a misunderstanding

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Patong – Six taxi drivers have been arrested yesterday (June 21st) after a video clip of motorbike taxi drivers fighting has gone viral in social media this week.

Lieutenant Colonel Prasert Thongplew of the Patong Police told the Phuket Express, “The fighting was between Tuk Tuk taxi drivers and a private motorbike driver after they argued about taking customers and parking spots.”

“Six people have been arrested yesterday as we have finished collecting all the details about the operators in Patong. 

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/06/22/update-six-taxi-drivers-arrested-who-were-involved-in-a-street-fight-in-patong-says-it-was-a-misunderstanding/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-06-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Haha 2

I’m sure there will be some not so public revenge on its way. Sad but they don’t get over these things with a mere handshake. That’s just to throw the good old men in brown off. 

I wouldn't shake the hands of the people who attacked me, no matter what the reason was.

When people start acting worse than wild animals they deserve a heavy penalty. They disgust me, vile creatures.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

“Six people have been arrested yesterday as we have finished collecting all the details about the operators in Patong. 

Finished collecting the fines... drivers will be back on duty.

Sack them all... end of.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...