Major Thai brewer announces increase in beer prices

webfact

17 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

And I don't care ???? I used to drink Chang but that's looney juice, I can't stand Singha and I drink Leo when out & about so at home I have what I want & that is Archa, each to their own my friend, each to their own ????

Correct! I agree re Chang bottled beer being "looney juice", but draught Chang is nectar by comparison. My normal "beer" (it's all lager beer) of choice is Tiger, but draught Tiger is not one of my recommendations! Leo is my 2nd choice bottles wise, I agree with you re Singha,and Heineken here I find is tasteless, San Mig Light is overpriced, so as you say - each to their own!

18 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not sure why it's sad.  I find a cold Leo with lots of ice in the afternoon delightful. Cheers.

As long as it's moderation like most things, because I am sure you are aware that there are loads of fatty livers out there from drinking alcohol, which of course we all enjoy, (every now and again for me), why, because our bodies have a hard time getting ride of the substances created that are even more harmful than the alcohol we consumed, i.e. once our liver has removed it, those substances are the ones that damage the liver cells and cause liver disease over a period of time, excessive drinking accelerates this, ever wonder why most drinkers have a beer gut ????

19 hours ago, RedArmy said:

From today 1st July ????

I bought a box yesterday & noticed on my receipt afterwards, i was charged 766 baht instead of my usual 745 baht.

that are whopping 20Euros for 7.4 litres. Glad I stay in germany....the litre is sold for 50-70 EuroCent here- 5.99€ for a beer crate of 20 bottles.

shopping.jpg

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Oh dear..... now that stuff is awful. 

I just go for Leo as I dislike SIngha and Chang, and Heiny is usually over-priced. 

Singha is a subsidiary of the Leo brewery, as is U and Asahi.

Archa is an offshoot of Chang.

The Heineken brewery(TAP) also does Cheers, Tiger, Guiness & Kilkenny.

Spoilt for choice? 

1 hour ago, Wytchend said:

Don't stress too much please. A bottle of beer (one!) is 250 Baht here in Brisbane ????

You can buy a box of 24 small bottles or cans (any brand) for around $54 at Dan Murphys in Brisbane, thats equals 100 baht for a large bottle. You are getting ripped off 

10 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Over the 7 years I’ve been here I’ve noticed the 24x crates of Soda water I drink (my only tipple) have shot up to around 140 baht per crate - so have some sympathy !  ???? 

You will have to tell me where, around here they have jumped from around 150 to the 175/180 mark. Rock & Singha keep leap frogging and leading the way.

4 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Singha is a subsidiary of the Leo brewery, as is U and Asahi.

Archa is an offshoot of Chang.

The Heineken brewery(TAP) also does Cheers, Tiger, Guiness & Kilkenny.

Spoilt for choice? 

Not really, but you're not far off:

Boon Rawd Brewery

Singha, Leo, U Asahi

Thai Beverage (ThaiBev)

Chang, Archa, Federbräu, Carlsberg

Thai Asia Pacific Brewery

Heineken, Tiger, Cheers, Cheers X-Tra

Importer of Guinness and Kilkenny

19 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Why?

Because it's horrible. You'd have to pinch my nose and force feed me to get that vile muck down my neck. I buy Heineken, Budweiser, San Miguel Light. In my honest opinion they are the best lagers that are readily available in Thailand without getting into the very expensive imported brews. I'll drink Chang in a pinch but have found a few too many gives a rough hangover, likewise Singha, actually a good tasting beer, but rough the next day. Beer Lao is good.

3 hours ago, Crusader said:

, I laugh when tourists come to the pub and get all bent out of shape because there is no London Pride or John Smiths...perhaps they should holiday at home.

Where does this happen?

19 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Why?

Because it's cool to hate on a particular beer brand.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sungod said:

How about 50,000 baht a month to drink a bottle a day?

Well, I guess every man has his price. Yes, for 50,000 Bt a month, you can pinch my nose and pour a bottle of Leo down my throat. Guess it'll be like being waterboarded but I'll do it. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who cares.

Do a taste test sometime with these Thai beers and real import beers.  I did and spit the Thai beer out.  

People drink it because they get use to it and it is the lowest priced option in a bar.  

21 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not really, but you're not far off:

Boon Rawd Brewery

Singha, Leo, U Asahi

Thai Beverage (ThaiBev)

Chang, Archa, Federbräu, Carlsberg

Thai Asia Pacific Brewery

Heineken, Tiger, Cheers, Cheers X-Tra

Importer of Guinness and Kilkenny

Rhetorical question.

"asked in order to produce an effect or to make a statement rather than to elicit information."

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Who cares.

Do a taste test sometime with these Thai beers and real import beers.  I did and spit the Thai beer out.  

People drink it because they get use to it and it is the lowest priced option in a bar.  

Drank them when I first got here, being a CC, along with no real options outside of Krung Thep.  Then I drank Beer Laos on a 90 day turn around.

Eyes & taste buds opened.  Really didn't take much as I drank Ales & porter/stouts in the USA anyway.  Could give me a Bud for free, and I wouldn't drink it.

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Rhetorical question.

"asked in order to produce an effect or to make a statement rather than to elicit information."

Didn't see what you were replying to ... ????

21 hours ago, webfact said:

He added that Leo is the last beer brand to implement a price increase, with other brands having already announced increases earlier in the year.

My Mom & Pop shop said Chang will rise by one baht from today... 
it was increased one baht about 2 months ago.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

It was only a matter of time...

Actually, I was fully expecting the price to stay the same, but the bottle size to decrease.

It won't be long before a large bottle of beer will drop to 600ml.

And the % volume to decrease again with added water to stretch it out a bit.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RedArmy said:

From today 1st July ????

I bought a box yesterday & noticed on my receipt afterwards, i was charged 766 baht instead of my usual 745 baht.

me....bought a case 24 a couple of weeks ago......had gone from 754 to 770 so not from 1st JULY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It's the end of civilization as we know it for bar stool inhabitants. Being on a low carb diet, I couldn't care less.

Same, i've pretty much quit beer and starting hitting the gym + a low calorie diet. 
I'll stick to the odd occasional Gin or a couple of glasses of red wine. 

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

As long as it's moderation like most things, because I am sure you are aware that there are loads of fatty livers out there from drinking alcohol, which of course we all enjoy, (every now and again for me), why, because our bodies have a hard time getting ride of the substances created that are even more harmful than the alcohol we consumed, i.e. once our liver has removed it, those substances are the ones that damage the liver cells and cause liver disease over a period of time, excessive drinking accelerates this, ever wonder why most drinkers have a beer gut ????

Yeah, luckily I'm not a heavy drinker.  Just a small bottle of beer, or two glasses of wine, or a G&T at home in the early evening.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, grain said:

Because it's horrible. You'd have to pinch my nose and force feed me to get that vile muck down my neck. I buy Heineken, Budweiser, San Miguel Light. In my honest opinion they are the best lagers that are readily available in Thailand without getting into the very expensive imported brews. I'll drink Chang in a pinch but have found a few too many gives a rough hangover, likewise Singha, actually a good tasting beer, but rough the next day. Beer Lao is good.

Budweiser ?????  I've not seen that in 7-11.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, proton said:

I am reluctant to drink this so called beer if free, i'd luckily never buy it ????

I drink very little beer but with this one I don’t know how they can call it beer.

Terrible stuff.

19 hours ago, internationalism said:

there should be most sellers doing it for the old price, till they have to restock 

No chance. My local wholesaler is selling boxes dated November 2021 at the new prices.

Macro about to get a new customer..