LTR Visa is Now available for Long Term Residency

2 hours ago, JimGant said:

Of course. But the "being a tax resident" aspect is not stated in their "get a TIN after 60 days." The below is a little clearer -- but how you incorporate the "60 day" rule is not:

Anyway, if, like me, you'll never have any income -- remitted or worldwide -- that would be subject to Thai taxes -- forget getting a TIN. What could possibly happen? Besides, don't want my name in a TRD data base.

the 60-day after remitting assessable income is in Paragraph 1 of the Thai revenue dept page on "Tax Identification" quote: " person liable to personal income - within 60 days from the date he derives assessable income.  Form L.P. ...." for individual.

2 hours ago, JimGant said:

Of course. But the "being a tax resident" aspect is not stated in their "get a TIN after 60 days." The below is a little clearer -- but how you incorporate the "60 day" rule is not:

Anyway, if, like me, you'll never have any income -- remitted or worldwide -- that would be subject to Thai taxes -- forget getting a TIN. What could possibly happen? Besides, don't want my name in a TRD data base.

I only quoted the Thai Revenue Dept  "tax identification" para 1 is the 60-days after the assessable income.  gives the form needed to fill out for individual and form for corporate.  A lot would depend on visa and yeah if you know for sure you will not be a 180 day tax resident then you don't have to file taxes in Thailand,   That may change in the future as they go after every adult must have a tax id number.  Until guidance is provided by the revenue dept of the govt then we can just relax.